Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 4th April 2021, 22:30   #826

Default Re: ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Here's my recommendations from the used car market:
  1. Kizashi/Laura 1.8 - both leagues above the Civic in terms of stability and driving dynamics. The Laura feels more light on its feet, while the Kizashi feels more grippy and brakes better. Take your pick.
  2. SX4 - gen 1 non variable valve timing 1.6 petrol SX4s are sublime when it comes to cheap no nonsense thrills
  3. Fabia 1.6 - lackluster engine but supreme ride and handling mixed with the perfect power to footprint ratio makes this my all time favorite car to drive in the city
Wow! These were something I did not consider. SX4 also seemed like a great option, but again, No Maruti Suzuki for me. I think I have been in MS cars forever. Need some change. Also, I am rather suspicious of used German cars. My office had a Skoda Fabia as a department vehicle, whose engine had developed serious issues in just 7-8 years of ownership. Similar issue in my friend's diesel Octavia.
Old 5th April 2021, 11:09   #827

Default Re: ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushagra_29 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I recently came across a 2001 City Vtec, which is in Hyd. The owner is asking for 2.25 for the car. Is the price he's demanding reasonable?
Also, any idea about the spare part availability and Service costs of the Type 2 Vtec?
I have never bought pre-owned cars but am currently on the look out for one now so tough to comment on that. Both the Cities I have owned were purchased new. That said, I am not sure if buying a 20 year old car is worthwhile.

How many km has it run in 20 years? If less than 100K, maybe still worth while. I suppose that one can always find OEM spares for Honda cars.

Most Viewed