Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 10th March 2021, 11:03   #511
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Your fixed expenses (not accounting for any surprises) will be more than 1.2L per year for a 2-3 year old 520d, as the insurance itself will be more than half of that amount. Regular service will be ~30K, and tyres (~80K for all 4 every 30K km) plus brake pads (40-50k for all 4?) will cost a big chunk of money every few years.
Even if the vehicle is under package, is this the kind of expense that I am looking at, except the insurance part, which I understand. There was a certain model that I was looking at which has 2 years of warranty and maintenance package left. I am thinking of extending for another 2 years, which would cover my EMI period. After that it is not much of a burden. Thoughts ?
Old 10th March 2021, 11:16   #512
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Even if the vehicle is under package, is this the kind of expense that I am looking at, except the insurance part, which I understand. There was a certain model that I was looking at which has 2 years of warranty and maintenance package left. I am thinking of extending for another 2 years, which would cover my EMI period. After that it is not much of a burden. Thoughts ?
If you pay for maintenance upfront with BSI+ and have warranty coverage, then you should only have tyres to worry about. It will not necessarily save you any money, but it will definitely put a cap on your yearly expenses!
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 19:24   #513
BHPian

Goodevening Gentlemen , seeking your views on a 2010 BMW GT with 60K on the odo.
Model N57. Asking price is 16 lakhs. Car has been always serviced and maintained at the dealership. Non-accidental, no sticky buttons ( as yet ) no error lights on the dash. Is it a good vehicle for long drives - my usage mainly is Indore - Wynad trips 3-4 times a year.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:04   #514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Goodevening Gentlemen , seeking your views on a 2010 BMW GT with 60K on the odo.
Model N57. Asking price is 16 lakhs. Car has been always serviced and maintained at the dealership. Non-accidental, no sticky buttons ( as yet ) no error lights on the dash. Is it a good vehicle for long drives - my usage mainly is Indore - Wynad trips 3-4 times a year.
Frankly the price is a little too high. It is an unloved car but it is very comfortably inside, if around Rs 10-12 L - might be worth a look

Most Viewed