Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 11:03   #511
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Your fixed expenses (not accounting for any surprises) will be more than 1.2L per year for a 2-3 year old 520d, as the insurance itself will be more than half of that amount. Regular service will be ~30K, and tyres (~80K for all 4 every 30K km) plus brake pads (40-50k for all 4?) will cost a big chunk of money every few years.
Even if the vehicle is under package, is this the kind of expense that I am looking at, except the insurance part, which I understand. There was a certain model that I was looking at which has 2 years of warranty and maintenance package left. I am thinking of extending for another 2 years, which would cover my EMI period. After that it is not much of a burden. Thoughts ?
Old 10th March 2021, 11:16   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Even if the vehicle is under package, is this the kind of expense that I am looking at, except the insurance part, which I understand. There was a certain model that I was looking at which has 2 years of warranty and maintenance package left. I am thinking of extending for another 2 years, which would cover my EMI period. After that it is not much of a burden. Thoughts ?
If you pay for maintenance upfront with BSI+ and have warranty coverage, then you should only have tyres to worry about. It will not necessarily save you any money, but it will definitely put a cap on your yearly expenses!
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 19:24   #513
BHPian

Goodevening Gentlemen , seeking your views on a 2010 BMW GT with 60K on the odo.
Model N57. Asking price is 16 lakhs. Car has been always serviced and maintained at the dealership. Non-accidental, no sticky buttons ( as yet ) no error lights on the dash. Is it a good vehicle for long drives - my usage mainly is Indore - Wynad trips 3-4 times a year.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:04   #514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Goodevening Gentlemen , seeking your views on a 2010 BMW GT with 60K on the odo.
Model N57. Asking price is 16 lakhs. Car has been always serviced and maintained at the dealership. Non-accidental, no sticky buttons ( as yet ) no error lights on the dash. Is it a good vehicle for long drives - my usage mainly is Indore - Wynad trips 3-4 times a year.
Frankly the price is a little too high. It is an unloved car but it is very comfortably inside, if around Rs 10-12 L - might be worth a look
Old 14th July 2021, 01:03   #515
BHPian

I have Skoda Rapid DSG TDi 2015 model with 36k done. Bought it new.

I have a itch to buy a used AT SUV and have few questions.

1. Should I even sell Rapid now or wait few years?
2. Which used AT SUV is recommended?
3. Extra budget I can consider 4-5 Lakhs Max.

I love my Rapid but considering its diesel and am in Delhi confused whether now is the time to sell or wait.
Old 14th July 2021, 03:27   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I would suggest you to continue with the Rapid for few more years or at least till 50,000 kms mark.

Quote:
The maximum value your Rapid can fetch is around ₹ 5-6lakhs (going by used market standards). In that case even if you add another ₹ 5lakhs, it is definitely possible to get a 2-3 years old mid-sized SUV. If you are still interested in upgrading from the Rapid now, my recommendation is to go for a well-maintained XUV 500 as it offers better practicality as compared to Creta/Duster and a decent list of features.

Otherwise, you can continue with the Rapid for a couple of years more and buy a Compass later when its price comes down to ₹ 12-14lakhs for pre-owned ones.
Shreyfiesta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 07:54   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No-brainer decision. Continue with Rapid. Such low mileage but Inspite of that you won't get good resale as dealers/buyers would focus more on 6 year old tag.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 08:10   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I love my Rapid but considering its diesel and am in Delhi confused whether now is the time to sell or wait.
With your budget, you can look to buy a new top trim Ecosport AT if you're not particular about a diesel car and okay with it's space. Another option is to give your Rapid a second wind by doing a remap, ICE upgrade besides upgrading your suspension. That'll keep you fresh and happy for another couple of years and tends to the itch to buy another car
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:08   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
I would suggest you to continue with the Rapid for few more years or at least till 50,000 kms mark.

The maximum value your Rapid can fetch is around ₹ 5-6lakhs (going by used market standards). In that case even if you add another ₹ 5lakhs, it is definitely possible to get a 2-3 years old mid-sized SUV. If you are still interested in upgrading from the Rapid now, my recommendation is to go for a well-maintained XUV 500 as it offers better practicality as compared to Creta/Duster and a decent list of features.

Otherwise, you can continue with the Rapid for a couple of years more and buy a Compass later when its price comes down to ₹ 12-14lakhs for pre-owned ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
No-brainer decision. Continue with Rapid. Such low mileage but Inspite of that you won't get good resale as dealers/buyers would focus more on 6 year old tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
With your budget, you can look to buy a new top trim Ecosport AT if you're not particular about a diesel car and okay with it's space. Another option is to give your Rapid a second wind by doing a remap, ICE upgrade besides upgrading your suspension. That'll keep you fresh and happy for another couple of years and tends to the itch to buy another car
In Delhi NCR limit on Diesel is 10 years hence all these doubts. Else would have kept car for long term. I will not get anything if I sell after 2 years however value getting now is also only 6L types.

However I guess no point in selling also? That is my main doubt. Sell now vs sell later.
Old 15th July 2021, 13:54   #520
BHPian

Hello friends!

I've been on the lookout for a car around the 8-10 lakh bracket and test drove almost all the hatchbacks but then I realised I'll surely feel like upgrading pretty soon. In the meantime, my relative was telling me about an used Altis (2015 types) he was looking at and many examples seem to fall in the same bracket as i've been exploring. I'll be getting a used car only IF every parameter sounds clean and good, but still I really would like to hear from experienced members. I would also be driving around the city but once I quite got used to the size of such vehicles, I felt it to be quite comfortable.

My ideal needs & observations:

1. A car to seat my family of 4 in great comfort in long drives. We're just beginning to have road trips and having 3 tiny hatchbacks (Wagon-R, Eon & Nano) doesn't help the purpose.
2. If I find quite a perfect car, I'd be holding onto it for a long while without a doubt - safe, reliable, good cruiser, comfortable and sufficiently powerful.
3. I test drove a couple of Corolla Altis & Honda City models to get an idea and the Altis instantly felt way better in terms of build and comfort. City was more engaging but Altis low-end is just great!

Now, I know the spares are expensive but the regular service seems reasonable. I did read through two amazing New Altis ownership threads but since its only 6 years since launch, haven't found much regarding its long-term ownership. So, if I can purchase one at around 8 lakhs and keep aside another 1-1.5 L for unforeseen expenses in the next few years, will that be enough?

Thanks in advance!
freakmuzik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:05   #521
BHPian

What would be a good price for 2017 model BMW 320D series Luxury line in Bangalore? It's a single owner car with service history and genuine 40K ODO. It's with a dealer.
Old 14th September 2021, 20:38   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Now, I know the spares are expensive but the regular service seems reasonable. I did read through two amazing New Altis ownership threads but since its only 6 years since launch, haven't found much regarding its long-term ownership. So, if I can purchase one at around 8 lakhs and keep aside another 1-1.5 L for unforeseen expenses in the next few years, will that be enough?
It depends on how many kilometers the cars have run, whether you account for things like bushes, linkages, belts, brakes and tyres or whether they come under the "unforseen expenses" category for you. All in all it is a fairly reliable buy. If you are aware of and accept the parts cost of such cars then do also have a look at the Nissan Teana; it is far more comfortable than the Altis
Old 19th September 2021, 18:35   #523
BHPian

Quote:
My 2 cents worth.
If you sell it off now, you may get 5-6L ( + 5L addl. budget ) to get a decent AT Petrol preowned car.
Keep in mind that every year the number of Diesel vehicles getting dumped in the Delhi used car market is going to increase and there is also going to be a higher demand for petrol vehicles.
Waiting for 2 years would depreciate the value of the car by another 2-3L., given that your depreciation might be exponential from hereon-in, jumping ship would be prudent now.
Having said that, once my Rapid 1.5 TDI touched the 6 year mark I went ahead and remapped it and thus making it a new pre-owned car , but I am in Chennai and can hold on to it longer.
careind is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:20   #524
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking at a 2019 July Model XUV 500 Auto (W11). The odo stands at roughly 14,000 Kms. The asking price is 18lL. I wanted to know the following
1) Is this a fair deal (the seller is not budging below 18L).
2) What all parameters should i watch out for in the car?
3) Can i expect a reliable ownership from the 2.2 Mhawk + AutoBox for the next 1.5 Lakh kilometres? (i know the engine is a reliable unit, but do not have much idea on the Aisin Auto box.)

Points Noted so far :
1. Service record has been verified, the vehicle has just completed 3rd service
2. There are no signs of abuse on the body
3. The car, i felt is slightly noisy (as in good deal of engine noise filtering in to the cabin specially during cold start). This could be more because i am used to a brezza which is relatively quieter.
4. No Accident history identified.
5. Extended warranty, as informed by Mahindra SVC can be availed till 2024.

If i purchase this vehicle, it will be my first Mahindra and i have no experience with their Service stations.
Request any form of assistance on this query
Old 26th November 2021, 14:28   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking at a 2019 July Model XUV 500 Auto (W11). The odo stands at roughly 14,000 Kms. The asking price is 18lL. I wanted to know the following
It's pretty expensive for an outdated car that has been discontinued, and last few units are being sold at hefty discounts (link (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals)).

Rather go to the dealer and see if they have any inventory available and pick up a brand new car for 10% more than a 2 year old example - pre-owned only makes sense if there is a substantial saving which this doesn't seem to have.
If the dealer close to you is out of stock, check with dealers in other cities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks