Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 15:05   #526
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
It's pretty expensive for an outdated car that has been discontinued, and last few units are being sold at hefty discounts …
Thanks for the response. Tried with almost all dealers in Bangalore. Nobody appears to have any stock left. Only leads are all shady ones(available in amritsar/Jharkand/Secundrabad etc).

I will try to negotiate on the price a lil further.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:32   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Thanks for the response. Tried with almost all dealers in Bangalore. Nobody appears to have any stock left. Only leads are all shady ones(available in amritsar/Jharkand/Secundrabad etc).

I will try to negotiate on the price a lil further.
If they're authorized dealers from these cities, and the ex-showroom price after discounts is to your liking - could be worth pursuing even if it means taking a 2 day trip to finalize & load the vehicle.
If it's from a nearby city / state you could even drive back in the new car and get to know it better.

Of course registration will have to be done by you individually or through an RTO, but fastag & insurance shouldn't be an issue.
Old 26th November 2021, 19:02   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Thanks for the response. Tried with almost all dealers in Bangalore.
Try a few other Tier 2 cities as well within Karnataka. Also try Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc.

18L is just too much for a pre-owned XUV500. I had briefly toyed with this idea and like your experience, none of the sellers on OLX were budging. My quote to them was 15L.

Regarding your question on the engine and gearbox, yes they should hold up. Aisin is a well established player in transmission units and it should be reliable.
Old 26th July 2022, 15:43   #529
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians,

Need to pick your brains. Recently my 2017 Vento TSI DSG which had run about 55k kms got affected in the floods in Bangalore and has been categorised as Scrap. Expecting Insurance payout for the same.

Also, i recently bought a Tata Punch for my wife. So there was no immediate plan to buy another car this soon. The plan was to keep the Vento for another 2 years atleast and then upgrade to an XUV700 etc. So in quite a fix as to what to do next.

Budget: Including the insurance payout, the fixed cash component would be about INR 5,00,000. Rest would need to be loan.

Premise: Looking at the roads in Bangalore (have just shifted here 5 months back after 18 years in Mumbai), i am not keen on sedans. Prefer Compact SUVs. I need a car that is readily available. So rules out all the SUVs from Hyundai, Kia and upcoming Toyota/Maruti.

Option 1: Buy a used Creta petrol automatic. Been looking at vehicles on spinny and other classified as well as one know car broker. These are some observations:
1. Cars from 2016-2018: These seem to be the original design. Getting cars with upwards of 75k kms for about 10-11 lacs, Cars less than 50k kms for about 12-13 lacs
2. Cars from 2018-2020: These are the cars before the current facelift. These are listed for about 14-15 lacs

Option 2: Buy a Taigun/Kusaq (Highline/Ambient variant) These are for about 18 lacs on-road. (Btw, my dad already owns a Taigun and is very Happy with it)

Thought:
1. If i am able to get a good Creta that has run below 50k kms for about 10 lacs, buy that. Have kept a 50-75k budget to spruce it up a bit.
2. If good cars are only available for about 13 lacs or so, then buy one a new car (Taigun/Kushaq).
3. This comes from the fact that loan interest rate for new car is about 7.5-8% with paying term upto 7 years whereas load interest rate for a used car is 12.5-13% with a paying term of upto 5 years. So the different in monthly EMI between a used 13 lac car and new 18 lac car is about 3,000 Rs a month.

Any suggestions would help. Especially on the risks on buying a second Creta. If there are any known long-term issues etc.
DevSoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 21:28   #530
BHPian

Guys I am in a state of confusion and need views.

We have a Verna Fluidic CRDI and Creta Petrol in our garage which are primarily used by me, my wife and my father.

Recently my wife switched her job which got along her need for a car to commute between Delhi Gurgaon everyday (50Kms).

I was looking to buy a Baleno Zeta AMT for her as:
1. Wanted to add Automatic rather than manual
2. Budget kept was 10 Lacs
3. As per feedback Baleno easily returns 15-16 in city drive
4. Zeta comes with all features including 6 airbags

However heart was saying no to AMT and spending 10 Lacs for Baleno.

Suddenly came across a used 4th Gen Honda City on OLX.
Specifications:

Honda City ZX CVT petrol - Sep 2018 driven 50k kms.

Car was in immaculate condition with only front bumper painted and rest car was all original paint.

Interior was in top notch condition with negligible wear n tear.

Car had all the bells and whistles like sunroof, LED setup in front, rear, cabin lights, leather seats, auto head lamps/ wipers and 6 airbags.

Came to know that owner (MNC Employee) bought this model for 15.25 Lacs 4 years and was ready to sell at 40% less as his company lease was expiring and he had booked an XUV700.

Quickly checked records from company and found last service was done 11 months/15k kms ago and all service record was in place. May be owner knew he is gonna part with car and hence ignored last service.

I was the first person to see the car and it looked so good that I closed the deal thinking that anyone would take this car. Negotiated, made payment and took the car home.

Immediate requirements in car were:
2 tyres as owner had changed 2 (Rs 15k)
Service as it had been almost 15000kms and 1 year(Rs 10k)
Insurance expiring in 10 days (Rs 16k)

With all above expenses car would cost me around 8.75 Lacs which I thought was a good deal considering 15 Lacs for new(2018) and ZX(2022) for 17 Lacs.

Attached are some pics.

Got the car serviced at Honda and all was good.
CVT oil and brake pads were also changed so net expense was 10k which gave me satisfaction that car is fine mechanically.
Post which got car checked at body shop who confirmed that only front bumper is painted that too without removing which gave me confirmation that car was not involved in any accident.

I have driven car for 500kms in last 10 days and enjoying Automatic transmission but feel suspension is stiff.
To my surprise in city traffic, car is returning FE of 12- 14kmpl easily.

I still have 1 month before transfer of vehicle as NOC is awaited from leasing company and owner has given me option that I can return the car to him if I don't like it.

Now I am in a dilemma, that was it a wise decision to buy this 4 year old vehicle or should have I bought a new Baleno automatic for a lac more.

Suggestions requested to keep this car or buy a Baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_070918.jpg  

ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_070954.jpg  

ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_070936.jpg  

ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_071009.jpg  

ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_071117.jpg  

ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)-20220910_071052.jpg  

Gearup_1111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 00:29   #531
Senior - BHPian

You got a good deal.

I am looking for Honda City AT, preferably, VX Or ZX. 2019 model, single owner cars are not available for less than 11L.

Honda city is appreciating in the used cars with each year.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 19:55   #532

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a Creta. Since news of upgrade was already in so waited for the new version which got launched now.

I have dilemma now as to
>> Should I go for a new Car - This will have no discounts and probably could come with some waiting period.

>> Go for the previous version - While inquiring during last month dealers were giving discounts on Creta which in the ideal scenario was not heard. Even delivery was readily available. With that in mind I believe few of the dealers could have an old stock (Color may have to be compromised) and I can bargain out on the price - any idea as to how much generally dealers would be able to give a discount on, given that last month there was discount of 75k on the car from dealers end.

>>Go for Secondhand car with 2023 model and less than 10k Km done. For a less than a year car what could be the expected price range (discount) ?

>> Is New version of Creta really worth the upgrade?

Waiting for the suggestion.. Thanks in advance..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks