Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2364019)
should I pay the 6 euros for 2 reports.

Its not worth to spend that much money to get only those color codes and other features listed in the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2364024)
Dealer says VW has stopped making Jettas and all they are doing is selling off 2010 manufactured models. Any truth in this statement?

I don't know, may be the recent Jetta owners can answer that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2364038)
Its not worth to spend that much money to get only those color codes and other features listed in the car.

Great. I'll wait until you are back in action. Will take my other observation to another suitable thread. :thumbs up

Here is the full report for € 0.00

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2359820)
WVWL101K5AA554883

Quote:

WVWL101K5AA554947

That's really cool Wildon. Checking from my cellphone and can't wait to get to a computer to d/l and view.

That's really cool wildon! Can't wait to d/l on my computer (posting from my cellphone).

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2365911)
Here is the full report for € 0.00

Hi Wildon - I have compared the 2 and the only difference (apart from the dates of production) are on page 4. One of them has the code 548 and the other 549 - both are located midway in the page. Any idea what this means?

Many thanks!

Quote:

WVWL101K5AA554947 and WVWL101K5AA554883

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2366063)
Hi Wildon - I have compared the 2 and the only difference (apart from the dates of production) are on page 4. One of them has the code 548 and the other 549 - both are located midway in the page. Any idea what this means?

Many thanks!

My guess is that, its a part of the serial number.

Can you please decode this VIN for me.This is November 1999 registered maruti suzuki.this number has less than 17 characters. Thanks in advance.

Hi Wildon,

I booked a VW Vento 1.6 Petrol IPL edition on 27-Apr-11 and will be taking delivery in 8-June-11. I received the VIN number from the dealer today and ran the Online VIN number decoder check to get the following:

Vehicle Identification No.WVWA11605BT030210 Model Designationvento ModelPO Date of production28.01.2011 Model year2011 Sales type6022G4 Engine codeCLSC Transmission codeMAB Axle drive5S Interior trim codeGN Roof colorD8 Exterior color / Paint CodeD8 / P3G
Is it normal to get a 28-Jan-2011 manufactured car in June? I checked with my sales consultant and he said that it takes 1.5-2 months from the production start date to the car being received by the dealership. if that is the case, then these don't match up.

Also, what are the different types of codes?

Thanks is advance.

regards

Dashy

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 2372593)
Can you please decode this VIN for me.This is November 1999 registered maruti suzuki.this number has less than 17 characters. Thanks in advance.

Sorry i m not getting anything from that VIN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashy (Post 2378489)
I booked a VW Vento 1.6 Petrol IPL edition on 27-Apr-11 and will be taking delivery in 8-June-11.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashy (Post 2378489)
Vehicle Identification No. - WVWA11605BT030210
Model Designation - vento
Model -PO
Date of production - 28.01.2011
Model year - 2011 Sales
type - 6022G4
Engine code - CLSC
Transmission code - MAB
Axle drive - 5S
Interior trim code - GN
Roof color - D8
Exterior color / Paint Code - D8 / P3G

First of all i would like to tell you For Special Edition Vehicles there wont be much takers. So its possible that you will end up purchasing with little old manufacturing dated vehicles.

few points to be noted:

VW signed a deal with IPL on January 2011

ref: Volkswagen signs a deal for IPL season 4 & 5 | IPL Season 4

They officially launched the car on March 2011

ref:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-24-lakhs.html

and they are still selling the January 2011 vehicle is not justified. as may be they are pushing their non selling old model under the IPL brand name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2380052)
Sorry i m not getting anything from that VIN.

Dear Wildon, Do you have any idea if Maruti Suzuki cars manufactured before year 2000 had some different VIN conventions? In the above case the VIN and Chassis numbers are same.
Also I shall be taking the delivery of new WagonR VXi in the third week of June 2011 .Please let me know if Maruti Suzuki cars at present have Chassis number different form VIN number stupid:.The sales guy says that he has not heard of anything such as VIN before.

^^ There is only one difference in VIN and Chassis no in Maruti.
Chassis number contains the Month and Year code of the vehicle. so ask for the complete chassis number.

Read the post here

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2380052)
First of all i would like to tell you For Special Edition Vehicles there wont be much takers. So its possible that you will end up purchasing with little old manufacturing dated vehicles.

few points to be noted:

VW signed a deal with IPL on January 2011

They officially launched the car on March 2011

and they are still selling the January 2011 vehicle is not justified. as may be they are pushing their non selling old model under the IPL brand name.

That's correct. A source says there are 6000 petrol Ventos lying unsold, most of them are likely trendline models (highline models will logically have more takers, especially the ATs). "IPL edition" is basically the Trendline plus a spiffy touchscreen ICE unit and some art leather seatcovers. A bunch of them may well be late 2010 or early 2011 models.

Wildon,
Could you please decode this VIN for me. Thanks in advance.
MALBB51BLBM295385
Car - i20

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 2381553)
MALBB51BLBM295385

MODEL NAME : i20 SPORTZ
ENGINE TYPE : 1.2L Kappa
ENGINE NUMBER: G4LABM662591
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 5 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 16.04.2011
COLOR : BLACK DIAMOND