Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-102.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pious_devil (Post 3260139)
What variant is yours? 2 months should not be an issue at all.
My friend got a May manufactured Titanium ecoboost allocated in September and had multiple followups with the Dealer and Ford India, to understand the reason.

What Ford says is the VIN number is generated before the car goes into the assembly line for a lot of backoffice documentation required by Ford / Government. In some particular cases, where the documentation work gets stuck for some reason, the VIN date does not reflect the manufacturing date.

In my friend's case he got a written communication from Ford that the vehicle was directly retailed by the dealer from the plant and the date when the vehicle was billed to the dealer (which was september) to give him some peace of mind.

Recently I too booked a Ritz from Suraksha when the vehicle was in transit according to them. In 10 days time the vehicle gets delivered and the VIN number is 2 months old! :Shockked:
I asked them and they say manufacturing to delivery takes that long.. I dont completely believe that. One month is fine but 2 month is a bit hard to believe.
But anyway no point worrying on it.. Everyone tries to cheat somewhere or else here.. So sad..

Hi Wildon,

I have booked a TATA Vista and got the below chassis number from my dealer on allotment MAT611468DPC13931. From the decoding instructions provided by you (Thanks a ton for it clap: - super useful ), I know that it is a March 2013 model. Can you please provide the pdf details for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dent_nesh (Post 3265337)
WVWJ13607ET026451

If you refer the first page of this thread for Volkswagen,

4th Character is Month - J= Septemeber
5th and 6th together is Year = 13 = 2013
10th Character is Model Year = 2014

For understanding model year refer here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonblr (Post 3266461)
MAT611468DPC13931.

I know that it is a March 2013 model. Can you please provide the pdf details for this?

There is NO detailed report available with me for any TATA vehicles.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a way to decode Renault India VINs. The first few posts of this thread also don't have them. So, can someone please help me with the same?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abh1nav (Post 3269403)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a way to decode Renault India VINs. The first few posts of this thread also don't have them. So, can someone please help me with the same?:)

If you are looking for SCALA, PULSE and DUSTER VIN decoding then refer the Nissan decoding in the first page as its similar to both brands.

Friends need some urgent help. A Vista D90 VX model booked by my brother in law, one week back. Car has been allocated to him with below details:

Vehicle: Indica Vista D-90 VX Qjet. (C.Grey)
Ch.No-MAT611449DLB05646
Engine No-101A2000-0356082

It means car is Feb-2013 manufactured (please correct me if I am wrong). On telling Concorde, Pune to allocate a recently manufactured car, they gave us the full list of cars in their stock. All seem to be 2012 manufactured, except the one allotted to us (see the picture & file below). They said that Tata Motors have long back stopped the production of this car. So we cannot get a recently manufactured car. Full amount has already been paid & it will be difficult for us to back out now. Tomorrow we are going to do the PDI. Please suggest, what should be our course of action.

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-concorde-stock-vista-d90-vx.jpg

Concorde Vista Stock Details.xls

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3271720)
Vehicle: Indica Vista D-90 VX Qjet. (C.Grey)
Ch.No-MAT611449DLB05646
Engine No-101A2000-0356082

It means car is Feb-2013 manufactured

Correct on decoding. Now if you want to proceed ask for a good discount or back off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 3271739)
Correct on decoding. Now if you want to proceed ask for a good discount or back off.

Thanks for your suggestion Wildon, but then we have made the full payment, how can we back off now? If we want to insist on a discount, how much should we expect. If I can get a ball park figure, we will stick to it, else we will back off.

Hi Wildon,

Booked a VW Vento yesterday.

Can you please check the VIN and help me get a report?

WVWGJ13601DT073743

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9thsphinx (Post 3273809)
WVWGJ13601DT073743

recheck the VIN as its having 18 characters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 3273965)
recheck the VIN as its having 18 characters.

Sorry, i guess it should be WVWG13601DT073743.

The 4th character is either G or J (one of the two). Unconfirmed. Can you still decode it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3271760)
Thanks for your suggestion Wildon, but then we have made the full payment, how can we back off now? If we want to insist on a discount, how much should we expect. If I can get a ball park figure, we will stick to it, else we will back off.

We asked for some cash discount, but they were not ready for that as the car is 2013 manufactured. We then asked if they can give us the set of 4 alloy wheels to which also they said no. After some hard bargaining, we managed to squeeze in the 2 years AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) worth INR 6.5K absolutely free. So for 2 years after the car purchase, when do the servicing we won't be charged for any consumables like engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter etc.

Does anyone know whether the 6th character of XUV 5oo VIN represent AWD/2WD ?
As per spike's post quoted by wildon ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2249664)
The VIN code for mahindra vehicles consists of 17 digits, which is divided mainly into 3 sections.
first section containing 3 digits which give details of Manufacturer code.
second section containing 6 digits which give details of general characteristics of the vehicle
third section containing 8 digits which give details of particular vehicle identification. Now the details of all the 17 digits
Digit 1- Continent code ( M means Asia)
Digit 2- Country code (A means India)
Digit 3- Manufacturers code for MnM (1 means Mahindra)
Digit 4,5-Vehicle code for RHD,LHD
Digit 6- 4WD or 2WD (4 means 4WD and 2 means 2WD)
Digit 7,8- Engine code (Different codes for MDI and NEF)
Digit9- Transmission code (N for NGT 530R and L for NGT530)
Digit 10- Year code (2 for 2001, 3 for 2002 and so on)
Digit 11- Plant location (1 for Kandivali, 2 for Nasik, 3 for Zaheerabad)
Digit 12- Month code (A for January, B for Feb and so on)
Digit 13-17- Vehicle Serial No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9thsphinx (Post 3274317)
Sorry, i guess it should be WVWJ13601DT073743.

The 4th character is either G or J (one of the two). Unconfirmed. Can you still decode it?

Its WVWG13601DT073743

Manufactured on 20.07.2013. Detail report will be given later if available.

Hi Wildon,

Booked the Renault Duster and here's the VIN number I got: MEEHSRAW5D7035089

I can only make out that it's July 2013 manufactured. Can you please decode this and give me some more details?