Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-118.html)

Hi Wildon,
Could you pls help me with decoding VIN EL21815 for Ford Ecosport?
The dealer mentioned Jan 29th as when it came out of assembly line - Wanted a confirmation.

Cheers.

Apologies for asking this basic question as I am new to the world of cars. I booked my first car and the Hyundai Dealer gave me the Engine Number and Chassis Number for buying the Insurance.Both these numbers are numeric and do not have any alphabets. The Insurance agent told me that the Chassis number should be Alphanumeric.

Has the Hyundai dealer given me incorrect or incomplete Chassis number?

You should first search and see the information available on the forum.

A good point to start would be Wildon's thread on decoding VIN, Hyundai post below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249666

Engine Number is entirely different.

However, Chassis Number is a subset of VIN.

You seem to have got only the Serial Numbers of the individual parts.
A VIN generally consists of Country Code + Chassis Type Code + Serial Number which may or may not include MMYY of manufacturing.
A Engine Number consists of Engine Type Code + Serial Number

A little more search on net should give much more indepth information.

Some times, these Dealer ship people are lazy to take a note of the complete VIN no/ Chassis no and the Engine no of your vehicle.
They only refer the numerical part of it.
Any of these nos are mostly Alpha numeric. Pls ask him to quote the complete no for good traceability in any documents.

There is a very good thread on this forum. Pls search again to get the complete information.

Hi Wildon,

Firstly thanks a lot for this great thread.

I would request for your help to help decode the VIN number of the car which I am going to buy, it is a 2014, FIAT Linea T-JET. Kindly decode the VIN no. MCA110HD204034431AJZ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Dear Wildon,

Firstly, thank you for all the fabulous effort you've put in towards deriving the VIN for all us TBHP-ians.

Well, adding to the list am I. Could you please let me know about the car I am picking up on the 07th Feb (likely) if all goes well.

VIN - MEEHSRC85E1002005

Thank you in advance.

SD.

PS - a PDF would be amazing, if you could. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i (Post 3363332)
Hi Wildon,

Firstly thanks a lot for this great thread.

I would request for your help to help decode the VIN number of the car which I am going to buy, it is a 2014, FIAT Linea T-JET. Kindly decode the VIN no. MCA110HD204034431AJZ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Manufacturing Month "A" - January
Year Code "JZ" - 2014
Linea Engine "110HD2" - 1.4-16VTURBO-CF4-EMOTION
Sequential Number - 034431

Dear Wildon, would you be so kind as to decode this VIN for Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) - MALA851CLEMG4LAEM. Please also share the PDF if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Parth

Hey Wildon!

Need another VIN No. decoded -

MALEC41DMEM010605

Thanks! :)

Hi All,

I have a query, sorry i couldn't post this in buying new car section because i don't have privilege

My friend has booked a new Nissan Micra Active XV, Blue, with the VIN number MDHFEK13DB204044.

When i decode, it says the manufacture date is Febrarury 2011 , can someone help me to understand the impact of this.

My friend is bit disturbed thinking that he is going to pay for a car which was manufactured 2 years back...Should he really worry in any case ?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Nissan Micra Active was launched recently. Its not possible to have a 2 year old model.

well wasn't the facelift recent? If it is the facelifted model, then there is no chance of it being two years old

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexrabbi (Post 3369061)
Hi All,

I have a query, sorry i couldn't post this in buying new car section because i don't have privilege

My friend has booked a new Nissan Micra Active XV, Blue, with the VIN number MDHFEK13DB204044.

When i decode, it says the manufacture date is Febrarury 2011 , can someone help me to understand the impact of this.

My friend is bit disturbed thinking that he is going to pay for a car which was manufactured 2 years back...Should he really worry in any case ?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Why don't you write an email to Nissan customer care, with the dealer in CC and ask them to explain or better still, offer a different car?

Do mention helpfully that you've posted on team-bhp and that it would be good if they could answer promptly so that others could learn as well, and it would reestablish the brand's trust in the esteemed forum's eyes.

the word team-bhp gets manufacturers moving normally :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions.

I reverified my chasis number and new one is as shown below and it decoded to 2013 November model..So my friend is smiling now.
Can we find something more out of the details below. This is a new car, what all details the below information can give. Just curious to know :)

#MBHFBUK13DB204044
MOdel: -FDWURGFK13EIA
Control Key: 107204044
Eng No: 885657A
TRIM SL NO - 2-50654

Thanks,
Alex

Can anyone decode this for me?

TMBBJANE1EA00xxxx

I got this over phone so I hope I got it right.