Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-129.html)

Hello gurus

Pls help decode this VIN for the Fiat Linea T Jet Emotion

Chassis no. : MCA110CCE09037175FJZ
Engine no. : 1908971

Could someone please decode this number

WAUZJE8U6FY000634

When I use VIN checkers online, it says that the manufacturing year is 1985, which certainly is not accurate as I got this new car yesterday and it looks pretty new. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paharino1 (Post 3551919)
Hello gurus

Pls help decode this VIN for the Fiat Linea T Jet Emotion

Hello paharino,

Kindly find the details below

Fiat Linea
Month : June
Year : 2014
Sequence Number : 037175

If you have not taken the delivery of the car yet , its worth doing a complete PDI as it may have some issues if it is lying in the stockyard from close to 4 months. Do check for any rust , damage from rats , electrical issues & battery in specific.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ911 (Post 3552097)
Could someone please decode this number

WAUZJE8U6FY000634

Hello AZ911,

This was a little challenging.

If Iam not wrong the car is Audi

Month : August
Year 2014

Kindly correct me on the make as Iam somehow not confident on what I decoded , If Iam right on the make then rest should be fine.

If not please let me know so that I can rework and come back to you.

Cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3552124)

Hello AZ911,

This was a little challenging.

If Iam not wrong the car is Audi

Year 2014

Kindly correct me on the make as Iam somehow not confident on what I decoded , If Iam right on the make then rest should be fine.

If not please let me know so that I can rework and come back to you.

Cheers,
pdma.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

You are correct in assuming that it is an Audi; in fact a Q3. I was also working on it side by side and found that in 2010, the cycle again started with A as the year letter. Mine is supposed to be 2015 model and the 10th digit is F. So, I am assuming it says that mfg year is 2015. But, shouldn't it be the current year 2014 as the actual manufacturing is 2014? I also couldn't figure out the month, but was told that by audi that my car is supposed to be September manufacture. So, just wanted to confirm on that.

In the page 1 pf this thread, for FORD cars the chart indicates year & month characters only up to year 2013. Can some one help me with the Month and Year character for year 2014.
SoS help needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3556462)
In the page 1 pf this thread, for FORD cars the chart indicates year & month characters only up to year 2013. Can some one help me with the Month and Year character for year 2014.
SoS help needed.

Post the VIN. I can decode it for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3556462)
SoS help needed.

Hello Rajeev,

I hope this helps , Kindly let us know if any further help is needed.

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-ford.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.

Hi. Any luck with mine?
WAUZJE8U6FY000634

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3556470)
Post the VIN. I can decode it for you.

Many Thanks indeed, I will do that. I will get the vin probably next week and I shall definitely take your help. Thanks for the express quick response too.thanked
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3556471)
Hello Rajeev,
I hope this helps , Kindly let us know if any further help is needed.
Attachment 1298911.

Thanks friend. Further kelp is definitely needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ911 (Post 3556475)
Hi. Any luck with mine?
WAUZJE8U6FY000634

Dear AZ ,

Year 2014
Production number : 000634
Production plant : Aurangabad

I know that the dealer assured you that the car is Sep manufactured however I still think its Aug , the only way we can clear this is by taking a look at Form 22 certificate (look for road worthiness section in specific to check the Yr / Month of manufacture). This is issued by the manufacturer and this definitely should be available with the dealer.

I would request you to kindly check with the dealer and let us know.

Cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3556600)
Dear AZ ,
=====
I would request you to kindly check with the dealer and let us know.

Cheers,
pdma.

Thanks a lot. I will indeed check with them and let you know.

Could you please decode the FIAT VIN "MCA11876G07057530" for me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 3557763)
Could you please decode the FIAT VIN "MCA11876G07057530" for me?

Hello Neo,

The number is incomplete as ideally the fiat VIN should have 20 characters and the one posted here only has 17. I would request you to recheck with the dealer and update us with the correct number.

From the partial number we know that this is a Punto , for Month & year we need the other missing characters.

As an example you can also refer to the VIN posted by paharino1 on the previous page.

Looking forward for the complete VIN to help you further.

Cheers,
pdma.

Guys, need urgent help with regards to the vehicle details of this Mercedes ML250. I have to take delivery today.

Engine No: 65196032331136
Chasis No: WDC1660036M005019

Merecedes guy is telling that VIN number is the same as Chasis Number for their vehicles.

Please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3561640)
Guys, need urgent help with regards to the vehicle details of this Mercedes ML250. I have to take delivery today.

Engine No: 65196032331136
Chasis No: WDC1660036M005019

Merecedes guy is telling that VIN number is the same as Chasis Number for their vehicles.

Please help.

Model - ML 250 CDI 4MATIC
Year - 2014
Month - July

Have a look here: http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/merc...ck?su=wywusw64

I'm not sure how reliable it is though.