Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2470403)
I feel generaly AT's are produced much less than their manual variants. And so you will probably be able to get a fresher MT model than an AT one.
Do a thorough PDI, download the PDI checklist from Team-BHP. If you are not happy with it then ask for another example. Good Luck!

Yes mdsaab - will do a thorough PDI and then approve! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2249661)

Year Codes:

A = 2010
B = 2011
C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
H = 2017
J = 2018
K = 2019

P.S. The letters "I", "O" and "Q" are never used in a VIN.

Do these characters change over the years meaning after 2019, A will change to 2011? How can i acertain the Manza I am buying is BSIV and not BSIII, what I know is BSIV norm was introduced in April 2010

^^ Ask your dealer for the Road Worthiness Certificate (Form-22). Attaching the sample form herewith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2478312)
^^ Ask your dealer for the Road Worthiness Certificate (Form-22). Attaching the sample form herewith.

Appreciate the quick response, so basically every car will have this certificate and I can ask for this one a car in the stockyard has been assigned to me. The VIN can also be an indicator of the car being BSIV from the month & year of manufacturer?

The reason i am being a little paranoid about this is because Manza seem to be having both BSIII & BSIV for sale i dont want be paying for BSIV and getting a BSIII instead :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2478376)
so basically every car will have this certificate and I can ask for this one a car in the stockyard has been assigned to me.

True, you can ask for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2478376)
The VIN can also be an indicator of the car being BSIV from the month & year of manufacturer?

Yes, VIN is an indicator to find out the Month & Year of the vehicle. refer the first page of this thread for the deatails. Additionaly you can ask for the Sale Certificate (Form-21) in which the Month & Year of manufacture will be mentioned.

Hi Wildon:

Your thread is a great help.

I am in the market for a car and was checking out the Fiesta Classic when the dealer told me he can get me a good deal on the Non Classic. I asked for the VIN - MAJBXXMRTBBK07955 (Ford Fiesta Sxi) and using your thread have come to the conclusion that it is a Feb 2011 manufacture. Could you kindly confirm the same. Also if is is possible to get any additional details from the VIN it will help.. as I dont want to get a lemon thats been sitting in the stock yard for 6 months now..

Thank you very much

Nimz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimz
MAJBXXMRTBBK07955

Build Date: 08.02.2011
Vehicle Line: B376 India
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: Series 40
Engine: 1.6 Sigma LC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.25
Emission: Stage IV Emissions
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Paprika Red
Interior Colour: Ebony/Red

Everyone knows it will be from old batch so do a thorough PDI and if satisfied then proceed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2480563)

Everyone knows it will be from old batch so do a thorough PDI and if satisfied then proceed.

Thanks Wildon and yes I intend to do a good PDI as best as I can before taking it up..

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_srini (Post 2449322)

Decoding VIN for Toyota Etios

Same here. What the dealer has given me now is a 17 digit chassis number for the new Etios VX I want to buy.

MBJB29BT800019869

Please help. How do I decode this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast&furious (Post 2449919)
There are four more digits which the dealer hasn't given you.They generally don't mention it anywhere(not even in service records).There is a white sticker on the bottom right corner of the windshield of the car on which the 17 digit no. followed by a tilde (~) and the 4 digits that mention the month and year of manufacture are printed.The date and time of manufacture is also printed in it.The last 4 digits of my car's VIN are 0611 which means it was manufactured in June 2011.Contact your dealer.I guess Toyota has a 21 digit VIN system.

When I did my PDI on Etios, the sales rep brought my attention to the VIN number. In addition to the white sticker, the VIN number is mentioned under the mat of the drivers seat. I guess this is where they would take it for registrations purposes (the tracing of chassis number on paper with the pencil) because the chassis number is not otherwise mentioned in the engine bay area.

Wildon, thank you for an excellent thread !!!!clap:
It would be great if you could decode the VIN no. of my Sx4 - MA3FFEBIS00193386GB
Thanks & Regards
Varun

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertrain
MA3FFEBIS00193386GB

GB = Its a July 2011 manufactured vehicle.

Wildon, Thanks for an early reply!!!.If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me the date of manf of the vehicle.
Thanks & Regards
Varun

Just did the PDI for Scorpio SLE 8 seater.
[FONT=&quot]VIN - MA1TA2HFNB2G17039 [/FONT]
Its a July 2011 manufactured vehicle.

But, I observed on the M&M plate below the bonnet mentioning as follows:
Scorpio Hawk BS4 SLE-2WD 7SF
Vehicle Sr No. as above

The PDI vehicle was a 8 seater one. But, from M&M plate it says 7SF.
This is the confusion.
The vehicle alloted to me is in excellent condition, least panel gaps, BS tires all 5.

Should I go for registering this vehicle?
Will there be any problem with RTO?

I am registering the vehicle in Bangalore south.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 2488661)
Finally closed on Verna Fuidic. Received a call from SE just now. My car is in transit & will be delivered to me on 05/09/2011(Monday). My model is 1.6 CRDI SX White. Chasis & engine no. are MALCU41ULBM027317 & D4FBBU992315 respectively.

MODEL NAME : VERNA
ENGINE TYPE : 1.6L U2
ENGINE NUMBER : D4FBBU992315
FUEL TYPE : DIESEL
TRANSMISSION : 6 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 19.08.2011
COLOR : CRYSTAL WHITE

Full Report:-

Thanks Wildon for the information. Where could you find this?