Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-181.html)

Need help. Got the ViN number for my TATA NEXON - MAT627165JLF28234. Can you please help me decipher this. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakku (Post 4423879)
Need help. Got the ViN number for my TATA NEXON - MAT627165JLF28234. Can you please help me decipher this. Thanks in advance.

MAT627165JLF28234

10th VIN character is J, then it represents the Year - 2018

12th VIN character is F, then it represents the Month - June

The car is June 2018 manufactured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakku (Post 4423879)
Need help. Got the ViN number for my TATA NEXON - MAT627165JLF28234.

Could you please share the location of VIN in NEXON .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 4430870)
Could you please share the location of VIN in NEXON .

Check on the driver's side 'B' pillar.

Quoting the Nexon Official Review:
Quote:

Sticker with the recommended air pressure levels is pasted near the driver's seat. The pressures for petrol and diesel are identical. 17-digit VIN is stamped above
ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-2017tatanexon80.jpg

Please help decide this VIN
MAKDG183EJ4006187

I think it is may 2018, but can we also get variant details?

Hi can someone help decode MBJAA3GS000535607 that's what I've been shared by the dealer.

Opps sorry IV been shared the chassis number I'll find the vin number from the dealer

Hi, Could someone help me to decode this Hyundai VIN number please?
MALC181CLJM415728

Quote:

Originally Posted by sary (Post 4436246)
MALC181CLJM415728

You need the complete VIN. This is only 17 characters whereas the complete one is 19.

The 10th VIN character is J, which represents the Model Year - 2018

For the month, you'll need the complete VIN which will be found stamped under the drivers seat (front part). It will be a Letter after the star.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4436261)
You need the complete VIN. This is only 17 characters whereas the complete one is 19.

The 10th VIN character is J, which represents the Model Year - 2018

For the month, you'll need the complete VIN which will be found stamped under the drivers seat (front part). It will be a Letter after the star.

Thank you, the Trident SA was chasing me to make the down payment. I paid them just the booking amount on condition that they will allocate me the car and provide VIN number. To which the SA have provided me only the 17 digit number. I will walk into the showroom now and keep you guys posted. Invoicing is scheduled tomorrow, that's when I plan to settle the rest of the amount.
Also as per SA, the is being dispatched from Hyundai factory in next one or two days. I wonder why they are so secretive about whole thing and do not wish to disclose what's in their system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sary (Post 4436285)
Also as per SA, the is being dispatched from Hyundai factory in next one or two days. I wonder why they are so secretive about whole thing and do not wish to disclose what's in their system.

Don't worry. This is how they are and this is how they behave. I have experienced the same behaviour with 2 dealerships during my Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX(O) purchase. I have had to wait 52 days from booking to delivery (changed 1 dealership in between due to "no honouring of promised delivery timeline").

Even the SA/dealership doesn't know the 19 characters VIN details. The factory when dispatching/allocating vehicles to respective dealerships, only the 17 character VIN is provided. When the car is unloaded from the truck, the SA notes down the 18th & 19th character in their booking forms and updates it into the system. I have witnessed this process when my car was being unloaded from the truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4436293)
Don't worry. This is how they are and this is how they behave. I have experienced the same behaviour with 2 dealerships during my Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX(O) purchase. I have had to wait 52 days from booking to delivery (changed 1 dealership in between due to "no honouring of promised delivery timeline").

Even the SA/dealership doesn't know the 19 characters VIN details. The factory when dispatching/allocating vehicles to respective dealerships, only the 17 character VIN is provided. When the car is unloaded from the truck, the SA notes down the 18th & 19th character in their booking forms and updates it into the system. I have witnessed this process when my car was being unloaded from the truck.

Hi, I verified the chassis number on a Accent at dealership and apparently only 17 characters are printed on the plate. The invoice is expected to be generated today since its the month end closure. Will keep you posted.

Hello . Can some help me with decoding this VIN : MA3EWDE1S00E19112 , Model is WagonR Vxi+ AMT , Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4436868)
Hello . Can some help me with decoding this VIN : MA3EWDE1S00E19112 , Model is WagonR Vxi+ AMT , Thanks in advance

Are you sure that 17 character VIN is correct ?

I'm asking since the year is indicated by 10th character and month is represented by 11th. Both these are 0 in the VIN you've shared and 0s in those positions do not have meaning as per the Maruti VIN format.

Reference - Maruti VIN

Hi please suggest what info can we decode from VIN: WVWM11604CT018693 for a Vento Highline. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4436902)
Are you sure that 17 character VIN is correct ?

I'm asking since the year is indicated by 10th character and month is represented by 11th. Both these are 0 in the VIN you've shared and 0s in those positions do not have meaning as per the Maruti VIN format.

Reference - Maruti VIN

Yes , The vin is correct, i did some research and found that if its 00 , then will need to check for 2 more digits in the engine area.Since i am out of town, i cant do that at the moment. Couple of Maruti cars in earlier posts also had the 00 series VIN