Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-183.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4504102)
You're missing 2 more characters at the end, Hyundai VIN should be 19 Characters in length.

The last char is *L, which as per this thread is Nov.

So as a4anurag told it is a Nov 2018 manufactured Creta.

Thanks!

Can someone help decode this Maruti Suzuki VIN for me? MA3EWDE1SOOO79718*LJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4510226)
Can someone help decode this Maruti Suzuki VIN for me? MA3EWDE1SOOO79718*LJ

18th character for month - L = November
19th character for year - J = 2018

Refer this post it's the newer/alternate Maruti VIN format - here

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4510232)
18th character for month - L = November
19th character for year - J = 2018

Refer this post it's the newer/alternate Maruti VIN format - here

Thanks NPV...I did read that and could figure out the Manufacturing month and year. But I was interested to know if we can identify the vehicle model.

Any pointers on how to determine the engine number and chassis number (not VIN) of a Ford Ecosport? Where are these numbers usually located on the car, in case i have to quickly identify and note these down?

The reason I am asking is because these numbers are required for obtaining a new car insurance from online vendors e.g. Policy Bazaar, before the registration of the vehicle actually takes place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4511942)
Any pointers on how to determine the engine number and chassis number (not VIN) of a Ford Ecosport? Where are these numbers usually located on the car, in case i have to quickly identify and note these down

You will usually find these on a placard in the engine bay or near the driver/passenger door (B pillars).

Do look at the opening post of this thread where an excel sheet with location of this information for various cars is attached.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249661

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4511953)
You will usually find these on a placard in the engine bay or near the driver/passenger door (B pillars).

Do look at the opening post of this thread where an excel sheet with location of this information for various cars is attached.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249661

Thanks, but the excel sheet doesn't seem to be updated with latest cars including the Ecosport. Hence, the question.

Hello Everyone

Posting behalf of my friend who wants to know the Manufactured date for his new ride Hyundai i20 VTVT he is to get the delivery over the coming weekend.He is been given only 17 character VIN by Trident motors.If anyone out there could get the date information, it would be of immense help.Also want to know is it a norm by the dealer to disclose only 17 characters rather than 19?

The 17 character VIN : MALBM51BLJM612725

Quote:

Originally Posted by srivatsahg (Post 4513977)
Also want to know is it a norm by the dealer to disclose only 17 characters rather than 19?

10th char is year of manufacture J=2018
19th char is for month, so get that from dealer or visit the dealership yard to see the car in person and get the VIN from the car.

Refer this post for decoding - here

Quote:

Also want to know is it a norm by the dealer to disclose only 17 characters rather than 19?

That's how it is. When the cars are dispatched from the factory, every dealership gets the respective cars VIN details. At this point, only the 17 characters are shared with the dealership. Rest two characters are updated once the cars are unloaded from the truck. It is generally a star (*) followed by a letter that denotes the month of production.

I saw this myself when I went for the unloading process during my Creta's purchase. The SA did show it to me that they receive only 17 characters data from the factory.

Quote:

It is a September 2018 manufactured car (Date: 28.09.2018).

I'm looking for details of this VIN - MEXJ1860XKT052140 ;

From the decoder document - seems like it is a September 2018 manufactured car , but is there a way to find out the exact date of production ;

Also - is it possible to know the Model , Engine Variant , etc . from the VIN , Or we need Engine Code for that . stupid:

Folks, can someone help me decode this VIN No. MEXL18605KT063121

It is a POLO Trendline Petrol 1.0
Just curious to know the month and any other details

Thanks in advance
Dev

Quote:

Originally Posted by irdevanand (Post 4515156)
Folks, can someone help me decode this VIN No. MEXL18605KT063121

It is a November, 2018 manufactured car.

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20181219183741.jpg

Can anyone plz decode this VIN for Verna, dealer has shared 17 digit no followed by another 12 digit code:

MALC841CLJM059972
G4FGJU387160

Year is 2018 as per the VIN decode, I'm curious about the month of manufacture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 4515605)
Can anyone plz decode this VIN for Verna, dealer has shared 17 digit no followed by another 12 digit code:

MALC841CLJM059972
G4FGJU387160.

Is this car delivered?

Production Date: 26.03.2018
Delivery Date: 31.05.2018

Chassis No.: MALC841CLJM059972
Engine No.: G4FGJU387160
Model ID : ACCENT/VERNA(HCI)
Model Year : 2018
Engine : G 1.6 MPI