Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 23:30   #406
BANNED

Toyota vehicles do carry the month and year code after the 17 character. VIN. but in etos vehicles in saw this in the first time, that's why the word 'hope'.

Can you tell me the location of this code which you have found in the vehicle
Old 10th December 2011, 23:48   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.palaria
Please guide so as to what should be done next. Should I go ahead with booking , is it advisable to buy a April 2011 make car in Dec 2011? Were there any significant under the hood changes beyond Apr"2011 till now?
If you are looking for discounts then bargain for the cash discounts, not for the cheap accessories.

Or else its not worth for going for a April model now.
Old 11th December 2011, 01:04   #408
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Toyota vehicles do carry the month and year code after the 17 character. VIN. but in etos vehicles in saw this in the first time, that's why the word 'hope'.

Can you tell me the location of this code which you have found in the vehicle
Brother,I got this no. From under the driver's seat and also from the sticker on the windshield.
Regards
Varun
Old 11th December 2011, 01:08   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Dear Wildon,

I've booked a Vento Highline TDi. The dealer has said that this is the VIN number allocated to me :WVWJ11601CT008691. Would appreciate it a lot if you could get me more details.

Thanks !
Meril, I got my TDI Highline delivered in the 4th week of Nov and my manufacturing date per the VIN was on the first week of Nov. If you have not already got your unit (your current VIN reads mid Oct manufacturing) push you dealer to get a recent unit. Alternatively ensure that you visit the vehicle on the day its unloaded at your dealers yard. Don't accept any excuses.

Last edited by SR-71 : 11th December 2011 at 01:10.
Old 11th December 2011, 07:47   #410
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking for discounts then bargain for the cash discounts, not for the cheap accessories.

Thanks Wildon..... I will not go for this car, but had it been you in place of me what would be the tune of Cash Discounts one should aim at....The SA's team-lead was saying that there only 13K dealer margin on the car.

All,
I am looking at a little safe car as I have a small 4 month kid and Fiat built looked strong in 5 Lakh bracket. Alternatives at this range. I saw Wagon R VXI (ABS+Airbags) but wifey didn't felt great about it and I too felt it was a little noisy and van like....
Old 11th December 2011, 09:52   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

If you found the vehicle is ok after PDI then proceed. 2month is OK.

Thanks a ton Wildon, as i said the vehicle is ok, except rusting near wheel nuts. My only concern was tht October'2011 manufacturing and am clear now after ur clarfication. Thanks again.

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2011 at 14:35. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th December 2011, 18:01   #412
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thanks very much indeed! Mine is a Yeti Elegance - I guess they must be classifying it as an 'experience' where it was manufactured.

Quote:
Yeti Experience - mfd 06 05 2011

Last edited by bblost : 12th December 2011 at 12:37. Reason: Fixed quotes. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2011, 17:41   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay, Work pressure make me less active nowadays in the forum

VW Vento - Manufactured on 14.10.2011
Thanks a million Wildon for your response. Helped me make the decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Meril, I got my TDI Highline delivered in the 4th week of Nov and my manufacturing date per the VIN was on the first week of Nov. If you have not already got your unit (your current VIN reads mid Oct manufacturing) push you dealer to get a recent unit. Alternatively ensure that you visit the vehicle on the day its unloaded at your dealers yard. Don't accept any excuses.
SR-71, thank you so much for the kind response. I had however taken delivery of the vehicle already. The best part about being part of a forum like this is that one has access to handy resources like the PDI checklist that I used to my advantage in this case
Old 13th December 2011, 23:16   #414
vcx
BHPian

Hi, this an interesting thread. Recently aHonda dealer is following up with me post my visit along with my cousin who happens to get his Jazz for service ,that is when I had enquired about the current deals on Civic, the sales guys along with his boss offered me a Dec deal for Civic VMT color Polished metal metallic with accessories like 3M sun film, under body coat, Teflon coat, body cover and Caska multimedia all at 14.4 lacs OTR Hyderabad.

Then last week! I had asked for the VIN, Engine details and here comes the surprise Chassis No :- MAKFD153ABN401602 and understand that it is Jan 2011 manufactured car.

Dealer upon questioning says that they have received this car and were billed to them only in Aug11, also assuring me any issues shall be taken care by them, the car on Odo 17 kms reading and looks all fine.

Let me know is it any worth to explore this deal?
Old 14th December 2011, 14:31   #415
BHPian

My friend is taking delivery of Hyundai i10 tomorrow, 15th Dec 2011. Can someone help me with the month of manufacture from the VIN number allocated to him. malam51clbn024527

Wildon's post mentiones a 19 character VIN for Hyundai but the number shared with us has just 17 characters. help us with decoding this as we do not have much time.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:04   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
My friend is taking delivery of Hyundai i10 tomorrow, 15th Dec 2011. Can someone help me with the month of manufacture from the VIN number allocated to him. malam51clbn024527

Wildon's post mentiones a 19 character VIN for Hyundai but the number shared with us has just 17 characters. help us with decoding this as we do not have much time.
Dude, this is not to discourage you, but if your friend is taking delivery tomorrow, it implies that the car has been registered in his name. It's very difficult to do anything once the car is registered. Or has the registration not been done? !!!! The 10th alphabet implies that it's a 2011 manf car.
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 14th December 2011 at 15:05.
Old 14th December 2011, 17:46   #417
BHPian

Quote:
I just got my VIN number MA3FHEB1S00 ******
I asked him for the last two digits of the VIN but he says in the system this is as much as it shows & only when the car arrives can he tell me the last two.

Is that true?
Old 14th December 2011, 19:53   #418

Hi Wildon,

I just got the VIN number for the new Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta.
MALBB51SLBM375903

Could you please help me decode it.

A full report will be fantastic

Rahul
Old 15th December 2011, 03:36   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Dealer upon questioning says that they have received this car and were billed to them only in Aug11, also assuring me any issues shall be taken care by them, the car on Odo 17 kms reading and looks all fine.

Let me know is it any worth to explore this deal?

In two words 'Walk away'
Old 15th December 2011, 11:29   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Dude, this is not to discourage you, but if your friend is taking delivery tomorrow, it implies that the car has been registered in his name. It's very difficult to do anything once the car is registered. Or has the registration not been done? !!!! The 10th alphabet implies that it's a 2011 manf car.
Regards
Varun
Got to see the car in flesh today morning. Did the PDI and found the car to be OCT 2011 model. Made the final payment, and car is about to go for registration now and will be delivered in the evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks