Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 20:33   #1951
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Can you let me know the details for this VIN - MA1YT4HJUE6J19541?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello Aniket ,

I see that Rakesh has given most of the details already except the month.

Please find the same here.
Month - September Year - 2014.

Cheers,
pdma.
Sorry for back to back posts as I did not have this information earlier

The car should be XUV 5oo.

Kindly correct me if Iam wrong on the type.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 13:30   #1952
BHPian

Yes, It is indeed a XUV5OO AWD. Thanks Rakesh and pdma!
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 23:52   #1953

I got this strange VIN/Chassis number for the Renault Pulse I've booked - MEEAH4BA11E5501405.
It is 18 characters long instead of 17. When I compare it to a Micra VIN, looks like the number "4" between "H" and "B" is the one contributing to the extra digit. If I ignore that, it turns out to me May 2014 manufactured vehicle. Can the experts throw some light?
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:20   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogusgenius View Post
I got this strange VIN/Chassis number for the Renault Pulse I've booked - MEEAH4BA11E5501405.
Hello There,

Yes I too referred to the MICRA VIN as done in the past on this thread and the car possibly is May 2014 as already captured by you. Kindly check for Form 22 from the dealer as that is the best way in these cases to confirm the Month of manufacture.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 4th November 2014, 10:44   #1955
BHPian

Hi,

I was informed by a sales guy(one Mr Neel) of Elite Ford Bangalore, that till March of next year, all vehicles carry manufacturing year as previous year. What he meant to say was that irrespective of when I book (potentially) the Ecosport, whether in November 2014 or February 2015, the car that will be delivered will be a 2014 batch car. One has to book after March 2015 to get a 2015 batch vehicle.

Is this true for all vehicles or is it a case off with Ford(who anyways have a slow delivery schedule)?

Anyone having experienced this or otherwise?

Reason I am flummoxed is because, if I place an order on 10th March 2015, how will Ford deliver me a vehicle manufactured in 2014?

Do they build big stocks in December and clear it in first three months of the year?

Or, is this manufacturing date (year and month combo) on VIN, something they can manipulate?

Thanks,
Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya
Old 5th November 2014, 07:12   #1956
BHPian

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
Hi,

I was informed by a sales guy(one Mr Neel) of Elite Ford Bangalore,

Thanks,
Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya
Hello Harsh,

This is 100% baseless information. Companies plan their inventory properly to ensure they have the minimal number of cars left in stock towards the end of the year as they very well know that many customers prefer to buy a car only in the new year rather than year end.
This is the same reason why we have discounts and many goodies thrown by dealers towards the end of the year to lure customers. It is also a well know fact that in Jan & Feb dealers offer huge cash discounts and freebies to clear the previous year models.
In most of these cases the customer is informed about the model clearly ( We do have many dealers who take the unsuspecting customers for a ride though ).We also have some folks who wait until Jan to buy the previous year models and the extract the maximum from the dealer ( I have read on this forum where people benefited from discounts upto 1 L on some specific models )

In this case the sales rep is clearly trying to push you to buy a car in Nov or Dec to make an additional incentive for himself by providing incorrect information.

Please try a different dealer.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 5th November 2014, 07:31   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
:

Hello Harsh,

This is 100% baseless information. Companies plan their inventory properly to ensure they have the minimal number of cars left in stock towards the end of the year as they very well know that many customers prefer to buy a car only in the new year rather than year end.
This is the same reason why we have discounts and many goodies thrown by dealers towards the end of the year to lure customers. It is also a well know fact that in Jan & Feb dealers offer huge cash discounts and freebies to clear the previous year models.
In most of these cases the customer is informed about the model clearly ( We do have many dealers who take the unsuspecting customers for a ride though ).We also have some folks who wait until Jan to buy the previous year models and the extract the maximum from the dealer ( I have read on this forum where people benefited from discounts upto 1 L on some specific models )

In this case the sales rep is clearly trying to push you to buy a car in Nov or Dec to make an additional incentive for himself by providing incorrect information.

Please try a different dealer.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thought so myself. The doubt I had in my mind was the same as you said - sales teams do offer discounts running into Jan and Feb. So, this does mean that even if you book something in January(unless you have read team bhp pages carefully about VIN), you are quite likely to get a previous model itself.

Since, Ecosport team on one hand is brandishing a 4 month waiting period (or even more) I was under the impression that their demand is more than supply. They will only start making a car post an order normally in such a scenario.

However, if I am placing an order on 2015 and getting a car manufactured in 2014 after a 3-4 month waiting period it means that the problem is not in manufacturing but, sending the vehicle from warehouse to showroom.

Although I too feel it's sales trick to push me into buying now but, then won't a smart sales guy then say that you will get your car within a month from now rather than in February or March?
Old 5th November 2014, 13:00   #1958
BHPian

Hi all,

Is there any help / content available on how to decode the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for Force Vehicles?

Thanks,
C_
Old 6th November 2014, 00:38   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post

Although I too feel it's sales trick to push me into buying now but, then won't a smart sales guy then say that you will get your car within a month from now rather than in February or March?
Hello Harsh,

We are definitely clear that this was a lame trick ,not sure what the SA had in mind when making these statements. Hence we will never know or infact we need not spend time to know as well because , as per me they just made some over the top statements to a potential customer and lost him.

Lets check with another dealer and Iam sure you will get a better response .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Hi all,

Is there any help / content available on how to decode the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for Force Vehicles?

Thanks,
C_
Hello Coolman,

I did spend some time to look for this information after your post , however did not come across any so far.
By any chance do you have the VIN number handy if yes , kindly share the same so that we can try to draw some reference and see if we can get some details from the number.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 6th November 2014 at 00:39.
Old 6th November 2014, 17:53   #1960
BHPian

Quote:

By any chance do you have the VIN number handy if yes , kindly share the same so that we can try to draw some reference and see if we can get some details from the number.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks. This is for a friend of mine.

I have asked him to see if he can get those VINs. Not sure if he has already selected one by now.
Nothing much available on the net though. Looks like they aren't selling many.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:22   #1961
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need some help with decoding this Mahindra VIN. Appreciate if one of you could please help me with this!

Manufacturer: M&M
VIN: MA1YT2HJUE6J18598

Thanks!
Old 6th November 2014, 18:27   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Hi guys,

I need some help with decoding this Mahindra VIN. Appreciate if one of you could please help me with this!

Thanks!
Manufactured in September of 2014
prakhar1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 22:24   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Thank You Prakhar .

Adding a few more details.

The Vehicle is XUV 500 - 2 WD

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 9th November 2014, 07:33   #1964
Senior - BHPian

I need early help in decoding this VIN,
MAJAXXMRKAEB28316 OF Ecosport for confirming this vehicle.
Old 9th November 2014, 08:06   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I need early help in decoding this VIN,
MAJAXXMRKAEB28316 OF Ecosport for confirming this vehicle.
Based on 11th and 12th digits of VIN, this should be a Sep 14 made car.
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks