Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 19:05   #2056
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
It arouses a bit of suspicion cos Ecosport is a fast mover. Unless you are looking at one of those niche variants like the 1.5P Ambiente or the AT, ask them to get you a newer one.
Thanks for your input. Even i was thinking the same but since it is a Mars red colour that too a customised vehicle from chennai factory costing extra, i thought it may not have sold quickly.
Notwithstanding the above, the vehicle has been with dealer since then and must have been subjected to abuse by staff. i think i will wait for a new car.
Thanks.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:11   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Thanks for your input. Even i was thinking the same but since it is a Mars red colour that too a customised vehicle from chennai factory costing extra, i thought it may not have sold quickly.
Notwithstanding the above, the vehicle has been with dealer since then and must have been subjected to abuse by staff. i think i will wait for a new car.
Thanks.
Quote:
It has been more than three weeks since i booked my ecosport in mars red colour. The company is offering me only a customised vehicle with extra accessories namely led scuff plates for front doors ,rear spoiler and roofrail cross bars and spare wheel cover and asking me to pay rs26000 extra for it. I have raised the issue with their customer care but no resolution till now.
Does anybody know the twitter handle of their top executives or regional sales contact details for north India
Just walk away. If possible walk away from this dealer and check with another dealer in your city.

Ford don't send customized Ecosports (with what - scuff plates et al?) from the factory. This is clearly a vehicle used for demo or was previously intended to be sold to somebody else. This dealer looks rouge. Don't continue doing business with them.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:23   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Just walk away. If possible walk away from this dealer and check with another dealer in your city.

Ford don't send customized Ecosports (with what - scuff plates et al?) from the factory. This is clearly a vehicle used for demo or was previously intended to be sold to somebody else. This dealer looks rouge. Don't continue doing business with them.
Ford has recently started vehicle personalisation centre with three style options. Details are also available on their website. Moreover the dealer has invoice of all such vehicles showing details of such billing and the vin decoder report shows these accessories as installed from factory. In fact i was might impressed with the vin decoder report for showing such details including the accessories fitted at the factory as part of vehicle configuration itself.
So it is not a case of any malpractice at the dealer end but just that the normal titanium model in mars red is not readily available with the dealer.

Last edited by nik hill : 4th May 2015 at 19:27. Reason: Added details
Old 4th May 2015, 19:40   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Ford has recently started vehicle personalisation centre with three style options. Details are also available on their website. Moreover the dealer has invoice of all such vehicles showing details of such billing and the vin decoder report shows these accessories as installed from factory. In fact i was might impressed with the vin decoder report for showing such details including the accessories fitted at the factory as part of vehicle configuration itself.
So it is not a case of any malpractice at the dealer end but just that the normal titanium model in mars red is not readily available with the dealer.
OK, I missed that. I just checked the website. I do see that you can personalize it. Means you can select the accessories you want. It does not come as a complete mandatory package. So probably what they are offering you is another customer's personalized car.

But I don't see why you would want to buy the car with accessories that you did not need in the first place. And then there is the case of the 4 month old manufacturing date. I still think it is better to err in the side of caution.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:49   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
OK, I missed that. I just checked the website. I do see that you can personalize it. Means you can select the accessories you want. It does not come as a complete mandatory package. So probably what they are offering you is another customer's personalized car.

But I don't see why you would want to buy the car with accessories that you did not need in the first place. And then there is the case of the 4 month old manufacturing date. I still think it is better to err in the side of caution.
Although the concept is for individual customisation but the company has not reached that stage yet. What they have done is to offer three predefined set of accessories. The customer can choose as per his liking.
Usually the dealers demand cars as per expected sales and since they get margin in percent terms they earn more if they can sell an expensive car so the dealer had placed demand for these customised vehicles.
I did not find these accessories value for money so i am insisting on a normal titanium model and waiting for it but this one was readily available with the dealer and thought of checking its details.
Old 5th May 2015, 18:56   #2061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I got this vin decoder link from benzworld and it points to a black colour Mercedes S class 350 CDI model.
Thanks! All the info seems correct besides the MFD which isn't clear year. Dealership claims its an April MFD
Old 11th May 2015, 23:20   #2062
BHPian

Please help on decoding this Elite I20 VIN: MALBM51BLFM101828 , I know it's 2015 Model, but I couldn't figure out which month it is
Old 11th May 2015, 23:25   #2063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Please help on decoding this Elite I20 VIN: MALBM51BLFM101828 , I know it's 2015 Model, but I couldn't figure out which month it is
What you have given is an incomplete code.

The VIN is 19 characters whereas you have given only 17!

10th Letter - F - 2015

Can you give the complete code?!
Old 12th May 2015, 07:40   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post

https://service.hyundai-motor.com:444/euro5/login.tiles

Go to the above website. Register. Pay for 1 hr of access. Will cost around 400 bucks. You will get very detailed information about your car. It's a official hyundai website. Shop manuals and repair guides are available too.

If you want to find about it without paying then you need the 19th digit. The format for hyundai cars is 17th digit VIN+*+a letter. This letter after * will tell you the month.

If you access the above mentioned website you will get the exact date of manufacturing and complete details of your car.

Hope it helps.
ckranjan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 20:49   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Guys pls help me with this Vin.

MALA851CMFM275020*D
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 21:05   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
MALA851CMFM275020*D
Congrats ! It's April 2015 model. The tenth character 'F' stands for the year 2015 and the nineteenth character 'D' stands for the month April. Is it i10 or Santro ?
Old 14th May 2015, 21:46   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats ! It's April 2015 model. The tenth character 'F' stands for the year 2015 and the nineteenth character 'D' stands for the month April. Is it i10 or Santro ?

Thanks a ton. It's a Grand I10 Auto. Will be taking delivery soon.
Old 14th May 2015, 23:59   #2068

Friends, can you help me decode the following VIN

MCA110CCE09038202DHZ
Old 15th May 2015, 08:09   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
MCA110CCE09038202DHZ
Congrats ! It's Fiat April 2015 model. The last two characters 'HZ' represents the year 2015 and the eighteenth character 'D' represents the month April. Is it Linea ?
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 11:33   #2070

Quote:
Congrats ! It's Fiat April 2015 model. The last two characters 'HZ' represents the year 2015 and the eighteenth character 'D' represents the month April. Is it Linea ?

Thank You very much Grand Drive. Yes it is Fiat Linea T jet emotion that I have booked. By the way, does the year code differ from brand to brand?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks