Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2017, 08:09   #2566
BANNED

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
MALC181RLHM358352
Can you recheck the VIN Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
MALC381UMHM247820
Make: Hyundai
Model:Creta
Color: Star Dust
Fuel : Diesel
Engine: 1600CC U2
Engine No: D4FBHM327811
Transmission: Auto 6 Speed 2WD
Date: 20.04.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
MALA851CLHM642864
Make: Hyundai
Model:Grand i10
Color: Star Dust
Fuel : Petrol
Engine:1200CC KAPPA
Engine No: D4LAHM435370
Transmission: 5 Speed 2WD
Date: 20.04.2017
wildon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 15:37   #2567
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to decode two wheeler Vin numbers? I have booked a Vespa and wanted to check the vin for the same.
Old 25th June 2017, 08:07   #2568
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Is there a way to decode two wheeler Vin numbers? I have booked a Vespa and wanted to check the vin for the same.
Refer this post's attachment -(Page 98 in the handbook)

Vin Decoder Handbook
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 12:06   #2569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Vin Decoder Handbook
Thanks Wildon. According to that mine is an April 2017 vehicle. Think should be ok.

Vin : MET0000JAVD010172.

Is that correct?
Old 27th June 2017, 18:46   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Vin Decoder Handbook
Hi Wildon, 2 things,

1. Someone in family has booked an Ertiga Automatic and this is the VIN number - MA3ELMG1S00439602 . Can you please decode it?

2. I didn't see you here for a long time. I hope all ok.
Old 28th June 2017, 13:47   #2571
BHPian

Hey Wildon.. I think Hyundai has changed their VIN to 17 digits. As per your post for Hyundai I can make out that the Grand i10 that we are getting is a 2017 model but I can figure out the month. Please help.

VIN - MALA851CLHM591221
Old 29th June 2017, 13:12   #2572
BHPian

Hi Wilson

I need help decoding my VW Polo's VIN - MEXC1660XGT079004.

Mine is TDI highline 2016. However, the VW database shows it as GT TDI. Is there a way to know the engine output from VIN since both GT and Highline have the same 1.5L engine albeit in different state of tunes.
Old 3rd July 2017, 21:58   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Hey Wildon.. I think Hyundai has changed their VIN to 17 digits. As per your post for Hyundai I can make out that the Grand i10 that we are getting is a 2017 model but I can figure out the month. Please help.

VIN - MALA851CLHM591221
The VIN displayed on the window is 17 digits but the VIN stamped under the driver seat is 19 digit. The extra two alphabets are * followed by a letter which determines the month of manufacture. Anyway, I checked in the Hyundai service portal and it says manufactured on 13th January 2017 and delivered on 29th April 2017. Looks like an Asta Petrol. Let me know if you need any more details.
sabby_4c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 13:02   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
The VIN displayed on the window is 17 digits but the VIN stamped under the driver seat is 19 digit. The extra two alphabets are * followed by a letter which determines the month of manufacture. Anyway, I checked in the Hyundai service portal and it says manufactured on 13th January 2017 and delivered on 29th April 2017. Looks like an Asta Petrol. Let me know if you need any more details.
Thank you SO Much. I am going to get them to change it to a newer one and get a new VIN.
Old 8th July 2017, 15:56   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you SO Much. I am going to get them to change it to a newer one and get a new VIN.
But according to the Hyundai website, it shows that the car has already been delivered ?
sabby_4c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 10:32   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
But according to the Hyundai website, it shows that the car has already been delivered ?
Didn't take the car from them. This is for my sister. Had a massive flare up with them (I.e. Trident Hyundai) and then went to Advaith Hyundai on Residency Road and got one. VIN for that is MALA851CLHM674137*F. So I am guessed this is a June manufactured car since the last letter is F.

What happened at Trident Hyundai after your message:

As you know the car was booked (a Grand i10) on the 26th of June, 2017 under the Pre-GST offer and were committed a delivery by 1st of July, 2017. But on the 30th we received a call saying that we would not be delivered the car on time. We were concerned because post July 1st the GST was to come into effect and then the price would change. But our sales person, Mr. Sunil assured us that there would be no impact on our purchase beyond the delivery in delay by 1-2 days.

As the days went by, everyday the sales guy would call and ask for few days extra, claiming registration cant be done as RTO offices have not updated their billing system or because the Hyundai team had not released new prices. Every day a different explanation was given with no clarity as why the new price would impact us. Then we were told that no cars were being released in the time being.

After a week of patiently listening to these sales guys spew their bullshit, I decided to visit their showroom unannounced. And what followed was truly spectacular.

Lie #1 - There were cars being delivered to customers right in front of us. On speaking to the customers, we were told the cars were booked along with us.
Lie #2 – in the 10 days that had passed between the booking of the cars and various delays, I had repeatedly asked the team for the VIN number. In the Hyundai VIN system, the 10th alphabet represents the year of manufacture and the 19th represents the month. I kept getting a 17 digit number from them and a verbal commitment that the car was an april model. Anybody can Google this and know the details but their sales team apparently is not even equipped with enough training to know this. I insisted on seeing the car and check the VIN no. myself only to find out that they were trying to sell me a January manufactured car in July.
Lie #3 – When I confronted them about the month of the manufacture, and asked them why they were giving me a Jan car when I had booked the new model launched in March, the Asst Manager, (who stepped in only after an epic showdown witnessed by atleast 30 employees of the showroom wherein because I was asking questions that were making Sunil the Sales Guy uncomfortable, he had the audacity to shout at me), tells me that for new model to be launched in March, the production starts in Jan. I immediately called another dealership in town to corroborate this story and was told that new models were rolled out post April only.
Lie #4-At this point, when patience had truly been tested and tempers had been lost, I was finally told, that all this delay was caused because our loan hadn’t been processed in time and now I have to pay 13k extra as per new costs under the GST pricing list. What’s most surprising is that post GST, the price of the car has any way dropped so under no circumstance, can there be an increase in cost.

After this extremely stressful and ridiculous (to say the least), we decided that it is better to cancel the order because who knows what else they may be lying about.

So, guys, if you are planning to buy a Hyundai car, avoid the Trident on Old Airport Road. The Sales guy Sunil and his manager Xavier are extremely useless and wont be able to find any solutions to issues that you may have as a customer and instead will launch a defensive attack. Worst Customer service ever.
Old 17th July 2017, 20:20   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't take the car from them. This is for my sister. Had a massive flare up with them (I.e. Trident Hyundai) and then went to Advaith Hyundai on Residency Road and got one. VIN for that is MALA851CLHM674137*F. So I am guessed this is a June manufactured car since the last letter is F.

What happened at Trident Hyundai after your message:

So, guys, if you are planning to buy a Hyundai car, avoid the Trident on Old Airport Road. The Sales guy Sunil and his manager Xavier are extremely useless and wont be able to find any solutions to issues that you may have as a customer and instead will launch a defensive attack. Worst Customer service ever.
Wow !! Very surprised to hear that you had to go through that unfortunate incident. Amazing how they can ruin the pleasure of buying a new car. One of my friend bought his car from the same place and he had a nice experience (later he found out his sales rep left after a few months). Anyway, the price has gone down after GST and the facelift model comes with some good improvements e.g. ACC, Android auto HU, DRL etc. Hope your sister is enjoying the car, I got the same car last month
sabby_4c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:34   #2578
BHPian

Hi, can you please decode this for my grand i10? I can make out that this is 2017 made, but not the month.

MALA851CMHM683219

Thanks.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:07   #2579
BHPian

HI Can someone decode this Mercedes GLE, VIN for me. I want to know the month of manufacture.

WDC1660036M014966

Thanks in advance
Old 25th July 2017, 16:59   #2580
BHPian

VIN experts,
I had a query:

I had 2 VIN numbers of BMW cars both of which showed up as a different production year as opposed to what is mentioned on the RC smart card.

One of them is a CBU and the other one is a CKD.

Just wondering if the production year always shows up as an earlier year compared to the year mentioned in the RC?

Example: WBALX72080DL73517

Can somebody help me understand this?

Thanks in advance.
Kontoo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks