Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 20:48   #2851
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Chassis No.: MZBEU813LKN014544
Engine No.: D4FAKM873712
Production Date: 18-09-2019
Transmission: 6MT
Engine Capacity: 1.5 U2
Thanks a lot. That was quick!
Old 27th September 2019, 10:17   #2852
BHPian

Hello Experts.

Got my Jeep Compass Limited Plus VIN number. Can anyone help me decode this please.

VIN: MCANJPCYXLFA56606*7K

Thanks in advance
Old 1st October 2019, 19:12   #2853

Hello,

Can you please help me identify decode the VIN for our new Hyundai Tucson?

MALJ381BMKM015422

Many thanks in advance :-)
Old 1st October 2019, 21:08   #2854

Problem with registering the vehicle

My dear friends in team-bhp,

I am immensely happy to join the team-bhp community. I am a big follower of this forum and every time I think of getting info regarding my motorcycle, I always come here to check the details.

When I bought my Triumph Bonneville T120 last year and now when I bought my Mercedes Benz GLA 200 D, although, this is the first time I am posting something As they say, there is a right time to begin everything, I thought this is the perfect time to seek help when I am really in need.

I am stuck with a problem today and I am hoping my friends here will help me find out the real story behind this. Today when I went to get my GLA 200 D inspected at the Regional Transport Office at Mattancherry, the motor vehicle inspector refused to get the vehicle registered saying that the VIN doesn't match the documents submitted by Rajasree Motors ( The dealer in Kochi). The VIN engraved on the vehicle body says manufacturing month and year as February 2019. However, the documents submitted by the dealership says the manufacturing month as May 2019. When I spoke to the inspector I got a different side of the story than what I could hear from the dealership. Please help me declutter this.

Pic of the VIN from the chassis is below. This is seen under the driver’s seat when you completely pull it back:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_g...ew?usp=sharing

Pic of the sale order from the dealer is below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xz_...ew?usp=sharing

MVI version:

He says the dealer is trying to sell me an older vehicle without informing me and thereby making a handsome profit. He asked me to contact the dealer.

Here is the explanation from the sales executive from Rajasree motors when I contacted them:

The vehicle is reaching India as a knocked-down kit, therefore, the parts of the vehicle may be manufactured at a different time. Even though the chassis is showing February as the manufacturing month, they claim the actual manufacturing month provided by the company is May, 2019. He seems to be confident that he can convince the motor vehicle Inspector regarding this and can get the vehicle manufacturing date as May 2019 in the RC book.

When all the while until the registration day, the manufacturing month was May 2019 and when I suddenly realize, the actual month is February 2019 ( from the engraved chassis VIN), at least three to four months older than what is given in the invoice and sale order, I feel like I have been given a raw deal, now dealing with a 6 months+ old vehicle. ( at the time of booking in August 2019).

What could have gone wrong here? Who is saying the right thing? Whom should I believe? Has anyone faced similar issues with vehicles that were assembled in India? I look forward to your valuable inputs.
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:53   #2855
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissflag View Post
Can you please help me identify decode the VIN for our new Hyundai Tucson?

MALJ381BMKM015422
VIN: MALJ381BMKM015422
Engine No.: G4NAKU357258
Model Year: 2019
Transmission: 6AT 2WD
Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline
Engine: 2.0 NU

Production Date: 07-09-2019
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:57   #2856
BHPian

Re: Problem with registering the vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiondream3 View Post
Here is the explanation from the sales executive from Rajasree motors when I contacted them:

The vehicle is reaching India as a knocked-down kit, therefore, the parts of the vehicle may be manufactured at a different time. Even though the chassis is showing February as the manufacturing month, they claim the actual manufacturing month provided by the company is May, 2019. He seems to be confident that he can convince the motor vehicle Inspector regarding this and can get the vehicle manufacturing date as May 2019 in the RC book.
I tend to agree with this considering the manufacturing plant to be in Malaysia (11th character - L). It does take a while to reach India from Malaysia.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 21:25   #2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I tend to agree with this considering the manufacturing plant to be in Malaysia (11th character - L). It does take a while to reach India from Malaysia.
Thank you swissknife!

So, if the motor vehicle department does not oblige, is it ok to accept a manufacturing month which is 6 months old for a new vehicle? Is my experience same as the other GLA owners here? Wouldn't it affect the cost of the vehicle during resale?
Old 2nd October 2019, 23:14   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you swissknife!

So, if the motor vehicle department does not oblige, is it ok to accept a manufacturing month which is 6 months old for a new vehicle? Is my experience same as the other GLA owners here? Wouldn't it affect the cost of the vehicle during resale?
I don't see why the RTO should not register with the 17 characters of the VIN number being the same. It is only 17 relevant charaters for the VIN. Preserve the invoice and also have a written record from MB.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:51   #2859

Re: Volkswagen VIN Decoding

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiroon View Post
I am about to take delivery of a Vento Comfortline, here is the VIN : MEXF1560XFT105820

As per this guide, I decoded it to be a June 2015 make and 2015 model. I was promised a September 2015 make. When I pointed this out to the dealer, he is saying that only the Chasis is manufactured in June and the car was assembled in October.

Is this standard operating procedure or is the dealer trying to fleece me?

I see a similar problem that happened 2 years ago and I don't see it addressed. I wanted to know how the manufacturing month is in Registration Certificate for that car. So, when form 22 says a different month than the chassis engraving, is the assembled month or the parts manufacturing month taken as manufacturing month in Registration Certificate?
Old 3rd October 2019, 18:59   #2860
BHPian

One of my friends is trying to decode Mercedes Benz GLC VIN - WDC2539036L022255.

He tried various sites like DataMB.com, MBDecoder.com, vindecoderz.com, carinfo.kiev.ua etc. However, no luck.

Salesperson is insisting that the VIN number is correct.

Can someone help in decoding this VIN?
Old 7th October 2019, 16:39   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
What could have gone wrong here? Who is saying the right thing? Whom should I believe? Has anyone faced similar issues with vehicles that were assembled in India? I look forward to your valuable inputs.
It is quite normal for CKD cars to have different manufacturing dates on kit and assembly. Your dealer is correct with May2019 being the manufacturing date as that will most likely be the assembly date for a Feb2019 kit.

If the dealer is agreeing to talk to MVI and convince him then that's what you should go with.

MVI is creating an issue out of nothing.
Old 9th October 2019, 16:48   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks a lot. That was quick!
Hello,

Could you please decode following VIN & Engine no for me? Thanks a lot in advance.

VIN: MZBEU813MKN010823

ENGINE: TIW010823
Old 9th October 2019, 17:06   #2863
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveT View Post
Could you please decode following VIN & Engine no for me? Thanks a lot in advance.

Chassis No.: MZBEU813MKN010823
Engine No.: D4FAKM867029
Production Date: 07-09-2019
Transmission: 6AT
Engine Capacity: 1.5U2
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:06   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here you go:
Hello Anurag,

Seek your help for decoding of the following VIN & Engine of our KIA Seltos car :

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2019 at 17:20. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed
Old 9th October 2019, 17:32   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveT View Post
Hello Anurag,

Seek your help for decoding of the following VIN & Engine of our KIA Seltos car :

Thanks a lot in advance!
Isn't this the one that was decoded just now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks