Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 20:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Cheap ICE for an Accent (7k or so). EDIT : ICE Review ADDED!

Yes. Coming from Oberois, take the first left and immidiate first right just after the Defence Colony Nirulas Flyover. You should be able to spot Elegant on the right corner. Further down you should spot Indus. Elegant has proper demo and display space. Indus better on suggestions and price.
Old 5th June 2011, 20:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

^
Thanks;

Also have a look at a very cost effective and great sounding double din ICE that I got fitted in an Alto here - Your Latest Hardware Purchase - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums - Page 14.1333333333

Fitted it with Convex 2 DIN Music System, 5 series, with USB, SD Card, Aux In, CD model CDM-2D601/5S for 3.5K; Speakers convex oval 3 way 1600/-; Front 4" with dome tweeters 850/-; Total cost 6.4K including rear parcel tray, antenna, fitting etc.
Product Link here - DVM-2D701/5S
Old 6th June 2011, 01:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
Thanks;

Also have a look at a very cost effective and great sounding double din ICE that I got fitted in an Alto here - Your Latest Hardware Purchase - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums - Page 14.1333333333

Fitted it with Convex 2 DIN Music System, 5 series, with USB, SD Card, Aux In, CD model CDM-2D601/5S for 3.5K; Speakers convex oval 3 way 1600/-; Front 4" with dome tweeters 850/-; Total cost 6.4K including rear parcel tray, antenna, fitting etc.
@dkaile, When you asked me about the location of the shops, I thought you wanted to have a system installed.

A double DIN at 3.5k with all the features sounds like a deal. Very often, systems which 'offer a lot' at a very low price don't have even sound. By that I mean that some frequencies are too loud, where as others are suppressed. How does the system sound?
Old 6th June 2011, 09:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
@dkaile, When you asked me about the location of the shops, I thought you wanted to have a system installed.

A double DIN at 3.5k with all the features sounds like a deal. Very often, systems which 'offer a lot' at a very low price don't have even sound. By that I mean that some frequencies are too loud, where as others are suppressed. How does the system sound?
@poitive - I did in fact. I had also gone to Elegant a few days back to inquire about the ICE for my upcoming Fortuner. I found his rates about 20% more than the market. Will definitely give Indus a try.

The Convex system is not bad at all and the sound quality is quite good when I compare it to the Pioneer HU in my Qualis and OE HU in my Corolla. Its full paisa vasool...

Last edited by dkaile : 6th June 2011 at 09:22.
Old 15th April 2012, 13:23   #20
BHPian

Re: Cheap ICE for an Accent (7k or so). EDIT : ICE Review ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^

[quote=dkaile
The Convex system is not bad at all and the sound quality is quite good when I compare it to the Pioneer HU in my Qualis and OE HU in my Corolla. Its full paisa vasool...[/quote]

Hi dkaile, how long have you been using Convex? Could you pl share your experience. I too purchased a two din Convex 7series 2 days back for 8K, which has all features of Pioneer model worth 23K. It has Touch screen, Reverse camera option, BT, USB, Sd card, DVD player etc. Sound quality is good enough though not as good as Pioneer. Wanted a cheap 2 din for my Optra Magnum LT and my hunt ended with Convex as my dealer was known to me and could be trusted.

I find one drawback though, while playing CD or USB I cannot switch off the screen and the glare is a nuisance during night driving. The system has screen switch off option only while playing FM.
Old 15th April 2012, 16:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheap ICE for an Accent (7k or so). EDIT : ICE Review ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Hi dkaile, how long have you been using Convex? Could you pl share your experience.
I find one drawback though, while playing CD or USB I cannot switch off the screen and the glare is a nuisance during night driving. The system has screen switch off option only while playing FM.
As that car was gifted by me to an employee, I cannot give first hand feedback right now. But, as far as I know, its running well without issues.

These Chinese system though have some quirks, but for the price paid, they are livable. Also sound quality can vary a lot with the quality of speakers used.
Old 3rd September 2014, 21:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Accent Front Speaker Dilemma - What Size?

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, just wondering what's the front speaker size for the Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6. Thinking to replace my front door speakers, as the left one has started to produce some whizzing noise, overall, happy with the performance of the speaker system, no too overwhelming nor too undermining either.

Getting a mixed bag of results some say 5.25 some say 6.5 I'm just not able to get my head around it. I guess, it's a 5.25 and can a 6.5 squeezed in for that extra oomph factor? Your help will help me purchase a speaker set most probably by today.

Mods: It would be great to get this thread merged/deleted once an appropriate answer has been found, upto your discretion. Thanks so much.

Cheers!
Vijay

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 3rd September 2014 at 21:33.
Old 3rd September 2014, 21:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Accent Front Speaker Dilemma - What Size?

6.5 fits easily with a mdf ring
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 02:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Accent Front Speaker Dilemma - What Size?

Thank you so much. I went ahead and bought myself the JBL 6.5.

Thank you mods for keeping it alive for someone kind enough to answer the query.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks