Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 18:47   #31
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra Scorpio

^thanks for the inputs, the cheapest Alpine unit I found was at 6k (and I have not yet gone into intensive research) and this did have 1 pre-out. For the time being a 2ch amp might be cheaper and can be used to drive front compos right? Rear coaxials might lack decent bass, but I will have to live with that. At the most 6x9s mounted on a board on the rear-most door might help. Most of the music I listen to is metal and the bass guitar sound is crucial to the overall 'thickness' of the guitar tone but then I can't get everything I want in this stripped down setup.
Old 19th December 2012, 10:39   #32
BHPian

Still haven't found time to go and listen(if available) in many shops. Likely I will go out today and try a few places. I will update here if I find something (if anybody is interested or has similar tastes/budget - doesn't seem that way though )
Old 24th June 2013, 10:48   #33
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hello Friends,
Request advice for new ICE for my new Scorpio. Took delivery of the new Scorpio last Wednesday.
This is SLE model which comes without any ICE equipments.

My wishlist:
1) 2-DIN head unit (dont want to leave one slot open)
2) Good set of speakers with clear sound clarity
3) Reverse parking assist system
4) Any HU which can be intergrated to rear camera?
5) Any HU comes with GPRS/ GPS
Old 3rd November 2014, 14:32   #34

Should I replace factory fitted Music System of 2007 Mahindra Scorpio

Factory fitted Music System in my 2007 Scorpio is working. Last month I replaced rear - speakers with JBL 6x9 inch 300watts. I am thinking of replacing side speakers also. I feel the Music System installed doesn't have enough power to do justice with JBL speakers specially lower frequencies. I have some queries regarding this (I am newbie in car audio so please bear with me) :

1. Should I replace my factory-fitted music system with something better (please suggest which one) - should I go for 2 DIN or 1 DIN ?
2. If I replace my factory - fitted music system will it stop voice - prompt which I get every morning - "Welcome to your Scoprio ..." and some critical one like "handbrake is on etc'.
3. As the music system is running fine, should I just add a four channel amplifier without adding subwoofer(no place to place woofer) - will it fix flaws of my existing music system specially lower frequencies.
Old 3rd November 2014, 15:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I replace factory fitted Music System of 2007 Mahindra Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_mukherji View Post
... 1. Should I replace my factory-fitted music system with something better (please suggest which one) - should I go for 2 DIN or 1 DIN ? ...
That depends on the space in the dash for the HU. IIRC 2007 Scorpio has only a 1 DIN slot.

For the moment, you need not replace the HU.

Quote:
... 2. If I replace my factory - fitted music system will it stop voice - prompt which I get every morning - "Welcome to your Scoprio ..." and some critical one like "handbrake is on etc'. ...
No, you won't.

Quote:
... 3. As the music system is running fine, should I just add a four channel amplifier without adding subwoofer(no place to place woofer) - will it fix flaws of my existing music system specially lower frequencies.
You can add a sub: an underseat 8" Polk sub in Polk box.

Yes, you can add a 4 channel amp (you will need a Line Output Converter to connect it to the OE HU). A Kenwood M846, JBL X646 or Pio amp will cost you 6K, plus a few for wires and cables.

But, first get a set of decent components in front - mid-bass in door, tweeters either in sail panel (inside of ORVM) or 3" above the dash on the A pillar cladding. These should cost you around 6K. Drive the components with the Front or A channels of the amp. Drive the sub with the (bridged) Rear or B channels of the amp.

Let the JBL ovals stay on the HU. Tune the system well to get a good sound image up front.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:30   #36
Team-BHP Support

I wish to upgrade my speakers in the new gen (W105) Scorpio, it is the S10 variant and wish to retain the head-unit which doubles up as the navigation + spews up vehicle information data.

Which brand, model, size is recommended, one which doesn't require drilling etc?
Old 18th December 2014, 16:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I wish to upgrade my speakers in the new gen (W105) Scorpio, it is the S10 variant ...

Which brand, model, size is recommended, one which doesn't require drilling etc?
Suggesting auditioning to you is also problematic - the nearest places are Patna and Kolkata! Better to go for the safe option: Infinity Reference. Neutral sound and no irritants. Components in front (mid-bass in front door, tweeter in sail panel / inside ORVM), coaxials in rear doors.

Size I am not sure, since I haven't seen the insides of the door pad. Check with the dealer. I could be 5.25" or 6.5" (6.5" being a better option). Alternative is to open the door pad and check the size (dia at rubber surround). If is it 5.25", it should be possible to mount 6.5" with MDF adapters.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 09:24   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Suggesting auditioning to you is also problematic - the nearest places are Patna and Kolkata!
Siliguri is where the installation will take place. Though have a very good installer at my place, if I have all the equipment, I can rely on him.

Quote:
Better to go for the safe option: Infinity Reference. Neutral sound and no irritants. Components in front (mid-bass in front door, tweeter in sail panel / inside ORVM), coaxials in rear doors.

Size I am not sure, since I haven't seen the insides of the door pad. Check with the dealer. I could be 5.25" or 6.5" (6.5" being a better option). Alternative is to open the door pad and check the size (dia at rubber surround). If is it 5.25", it should be possible to mount 6.5" with MDF adapters.
And how much for the speakers? I have a max budget of Rs. 30,000. Will I require to fit an amplifier as well?

If any of you can check upon the size, it would be better to get a recommendation, though strongly believe the size of the new gen and the older gen Scorpio are the same.
Old 26th December 2014, 13:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
... And how much for the speakers? I have a max budget of Rs. 30,000. Will I require to fit an amplifier as well? ...
Since you are at it, might as well put in an amp. A Kenwood KAC-M846 will suffice and cost you ~6K plus RCA cables. Alternately JBL X646 or Pioneer GM-6500F.

For power, use Havells or such teflon coated domestic wiring cable, 2.5sq.mm. wired through an in-line fuse directly from the battery. Amp on/off will happen from the Remote Turn On output of the HU (check the connector diagram on HU) - this is also used for retractable antennas.

The Infinity Ref will cost south of 6K, and Infinity Kappa about 9K. You can get it online too (Snapdeal etc.) but better check in b&m shops too.

You can even get a subwoofer in your budget. Infinity Reference or JBL, in a sealed box. If boot space is premium, get a Polk (company prefinished) 8" sub that you can keep below front passenger seat. Keep amp below driver's seat.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 03:07   #40

Mahindra Scorpio Radio upgrade / Canbus

Hi Guys

I have Mahindra Scorpio Getaway 2013 Old style. 2.2L

I'm upgrading to Android head unit. When pulling out the factory stereo I noticed this spare plug not attached to anything. Do you know what it's used for? Also is there a canbus for this model car? Is this car obd1 or obd2?

Regards

Aussie280
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Mahindra Scorpio-screenshot_20210511073500_gallery.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks