Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2011, 22:10   #1
BHPian

Pioneer ZFH-P8000BT VS Sony XAV-70BT for Swift VDi

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a dual din for my Swift Vdi for quite some time now. I did search the forums if a similar posts exists but could not find any. I have shortlisted couple of them.

Pioneer ZFH-P8000BT

Sony XAV-70BT

I just wanted to know if any of the esteemed BHPians have it on their Swift and how is the performance of the same. If you have any better choices that I can consider please do share.
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Pioneer ZFH-P8000BT VS Sony XAV-70BT for Swift VDi

One of the dealer suggested to go with Pioneer AVH-P3350BT. The price that he is quoting is 22K. I am getting the same for 14K from US.

Attached is the picture of Pioneer AVH-P3350BT:
Name:  AVHP3350BT.gif
Views: 9684
Size:  42.8 KB

I am not familiar with these HU's. Could you guys please give your feedback on this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

PS: I am having these installed on Swift Vdi.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

This to me is the best HU your money can buy in this range, go for it eyes closed. I have been using the 3200BT for the past one year in my Swift VDI and it works pretty well. No complaints so far and I would be happy to answer any questions or doubts you may have.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:27   #4
BHPian

Another option is Pioneer 4250/4390, which comes with a bigger 7" screen versus 5.8" of 3350; it doesn't have inbuilt BT though. I believe the pricing is similar to 3300BT.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
This to me is the best HU your money can buy in this range, go for it eyes closed.
Thanks Buddy. I am happy to hear this.

Quote:
I have been using the 3200BT for the past one year in my Swift VDI and it works pretty well. No complaints so far and I would be happy to answer any questions or doubts you may have.
I had couple of questions.

I have seen this HU. Its looks pretty big. Does it fit in the dash as is or does it require any alteration?

Is the HU detachable like the single din HU's that are available in Market these days? I have experienced in the past where the HU was stolen form the parking lot in the malls. This being a pretty expensive one I am little concerned about the safety.

What set of speakers are are you using this with? If possible could you please share some pics on the set up in your car?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Another option is Pioneer 4250/4390, which comes with a bigger 7" screen versus 5.8" of 3350; it doesn't have inbuilt BT though. I believe the pricing is similar to 3300BT.
Yes Sith. I agree. On the downside all the 4 series Pioneer HU's are pretty expensive than the 3 series on. Thats the reason I am limiting my self to 3 series.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd May 2011 at 18:33. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thank
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:36   #6
BHPian

Bala could you also let me know the price for the AVH 3 series HU in India?
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

It fits perfect in the standard 2 DIN slot for Swift, No alterations needed.

Faceplate isnt detachable though.

I use JBL components upfront and ovals in the rear. Its a pretty old setup and i dont have any pictures handy, but have seen pictures of this HU in our forum. You should be able to find a few if you search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post

I have seen this HU. Its looks pretty big. Does it fit in the dash as is or does it require any alteration?

Is the HU detachable like the single din HU's that are available in Market these days?
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
It fits perfect in the standard 2 DIN slot for Swift, No alterations needed.

Faceplate isnt detachable though.

I use JBL components upfront and ovals in the rear. Its a pretty old setup and i dont have any pictures handy, but have seen pictures of this HU in our forum. You should be able to find a few if you search.
Could you please let me know the price for this HU in India? The reason I am asking you is I am not in India now. I just want to compare the price and make double sure if its really worth getting it from abroad.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have no Idea about the cost here, but making a guess it should be around/little above 20,000 Rs, I too got it from US about an year back for around $340. I know for sure it is definitely cheap bringing it from US compared to locally purchasing it here.

Quote:
Could you please let me know the price for this HU in India? The reason I am asking you is I am not in India now. I just want to compare the price and make double sure if its really worth getting it from abroad.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:18   #10
BHPian

Guys,

Bomber. I called up a dealer in Bangalore to inquire about the AVH-P3350BT. He gave a negative feedback about this system. He says this is meant only for watching videos and not meant for music. The quality of audio output in this is not in par with the other (only audio) HU's.

Instead he suggested me to go for Pioneer FH-6050UB. More over is also said that AVH-P3350B is not recommended for hatch backs.

BTW the price that he quoted for AVH s about 21K.

Please advise.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Bomber. I called up a dealer in Bangalore to inquire about the AVH-P3350BT. He gave a negative feedback about this system. He says this is meant only for watching videos and not meant for music. The quality of audio output in this is not in par with the other (only audio) HU's.

Instead he suggested me to go for Pioneer FH-6050UB. More over is also said that AVH-P3350B is not recommended for hatch backs.

Please advise.

Before you go any further:

I was looking at the tech specs (I know a little about Audio electronics in general - though not much about car audio in particular) and I saw that this provides preamp outputs (4V) for rear/front/woofer.

so my question - this doesn't include speakers, does it?

If it doesn't then purely for audio you may be better off investing (at least some of) your money into better speakers. More often than not speakers limit the sound quality not the audio receiver unit.
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

That's total crap what you heard. Not suitable for a hatchback? Never heard that before. Dont go by what the dealer tells you, go through the threads and experience of people in the forum, you will understand.

Quote:
Guys,

Please advise.
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a dual din for my Swift Vdi for quite some time now. I did search the forums if a similar posts exists but could not find any. I have shortlisted couple of them.

Pioneer ZFH-P8000BT

Sony XAV-70BT

I just wanted to know if any of the esteemed BHPians have it on their Swift and how is the performance of the same. If you have any better choices that I can consider please do share.
Is Video a must for you? If not, try going for the JVC KW-XR816, or the newly launched Clarion CX501. The former costs 14K in India. You can buy its US equivalent (KW XR810) or the CX501 from US for even cheaper. Both have identical features and very good HUs.

As for the Pionner 3350BT, bhpian XetaGLGRocks recently imported one from US for similar money. Its a standard Double Din HU, requires no modifications to fit, and is quite a good HU. Just be aware of the fact that American HUs don't play odd-numbered FM channels.

Quote:
Guys,

Please advise.
Utter crap!
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More over is also said that AVH-P3350B is not recommended for hatch backs.
Quote:
That's total crap what you heard. Not suitable for a hatchback? Never heard that before.
I agree, that is total bull crap. He has no clue as to what he is talking about.
Old 4th May 2011, 00:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Is Video a must for you? If not, try going for the JVC KW-XR816, or the newly launched Clarion CX501. The former costs 14K in India. You can buy its US equivalent (KW XR810) or the CX501 from US for even cheaper. Both have identical features and very good HUs.

As for the Pionner 3350BT, bhpian XetaGLGRocks recently imported one from US for similar money. Its a standard Double Din HU, requires no modifications to fit, and is quite a good HU. Just be aware of the fact that American HUs don't play odd-numbered FM channels.

Utter crap!
Thanks guys for the inputs. Just got to know that DVD encoding in the US sold HU's are different than the ones that sold in India. Which means I wont be able to play any of he Indian DVD's on it.

Also the Frequency being different will not play all FM stations.

I guess I will settle for FH6050UB once in India.

All my excitement is gone now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks