Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 00:43   #1

JBL x555 and JBL GT6-S699 rocks

Hi,

I was planning for good head unit, speakers, sub woofer and amp for my chevy spark and also had a second thought of why to go for amps and woofers for this small car...

Then I made a decision to install JBL head unit x555 and JBL GT6-S699 after seeing jblindia.com site (and Im a fan of JBL)

Little more about the speaker - GT6 replaced GT5 and beleive me its more than value for money (costed me 3700 + 5400 - HU x555, including fitting from JBL authorized dealer with bill and serial number warranty for 1 yr). Its 9 inch speaker with oval shape.

For small cars like spark/santro/alto... you need not go for woofers and amps... just this will do.

Head unit output is really good. (As it is pretty new to market I cannot comment on the durablity) Head unit has got 3 band equalizer and usb slot.

The sound clarity is awsome and the base is superb. Even at very high volumes the tone doesnt distort and no jarring effect.

Even for the front i went for 4 inch JBL which costed me 1000 rs.

Its very cool.
Old 11th May 2011, 08:23   #2
BHPian

Re: JBL x555 and JBL GT6-S699 rocks

Hi Danny,

I am looking for the GTX- 555, where did you source it from and if you don't mind the cost of the head unit.

Cheers,

MP
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danychris View Post
Hi,

I was planning for good head unit, speakers, sub woofer and amp for my chevy spark and also had a second thought of why to go for amps and woofers for this small car...

Then I made a decision to install JBL head unit x555 and JBL GT6-S699 after seeing jblindia.com site (and Im a fan of JBL)

Little more about the speaker - GT6 replaced GT5 and beleive me its more than value for money (costed me 3700 + 5400 - HU x555, including fitting from JBL authorized dealer with bill and serial number warranty for 1 yr). Its 9 inch speaker with oval shape.

For small cars like spark/santro/alto... you need not go for woofers and amps... just this will do.

Head unit output is really good. (As it is pretty new to market I cannot comment on the durablity) Head unit has got 3 band equalizer and usb slot.

The sound clarity is awsome and the base is superb. Even at very high volumes the tone doesnt distort and no jarring effect.

Even for the front i went for 4 inch JBL which costed me 1000 rs.

Its very cool.
Congratulations - that's a good buy!
Can you share the details of the dealer? Also, please post pictures if possible.
Old 20th June 2011, 21:54   #4
BHPian

My Car's rear speakers gave up on me 2 years back, since then haven't had the time or money to go for a new setup. Yesterday I had sometime off and therefore went ahead and installed GT6-S699 speakers along with MDF board. I must say that it sounds awesome and its VFM. Even my wife wasn't mad at me for spending some bucks [;].

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 15th June 2012, 15:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just thought I should mention that there is an offer on Snapdeal where GT6-S699 speakers are available for Rs. 3000 (with installation).
Here is the link:
Reliance Autozone Deal in Pune - Buy Discount Coupons Online at Snapdeal.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks