Team-BHP - Difficult to find In-Car Entertainment Forum or even team-bhp -> Suggestions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Difficult to find In-Car Entertainment Forum or even team-bhp -> Suggestions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/10153-difficult-find-car-entertainment-forum-even-team-bhp-suggestions.html)

1. The In-Car Entertainment Forum is nestled two levels deep in the team-bhp forums(TeamBHP >Under The Hood>Modification & Accessories>In-Car Entertainment....) and it makes it a lil difficult to trace for the new ones visiting Team-BHP.

Have heard couple of my friends say they just could not find Car Entertainment listed on Team-BHP.And the few who could find said that it was with much difficulty. Most expect an Independent section/thread etc for Car Audio. They just didn't bother to click "Under the Hood" to check if it had Car Audio Nestled in. And a few who did check "Under the Hood," didn't bother to click "Modification & Accessories."

2. I feel the title of the forum could also do with a lil bit of change.
One of my friends had this to say on first visiting Team-BHP " How on earth can one be sure that In-Car Entertainment means Musical Entertainment/Car Audio and not any other form of Entertainment?;)"

"Car Audio", or "Car Audio/Video", or "Car Stereo" some generic term which would immediately signify what the forum is all about, I think, will do fine!

3. Search engines do not guide us to Team-BHP!(at least while searching for Car Audio/Stereo Advice!)

Team-BHP cannot be found in the first 50 results(I for one had no patience to look beyond 50 results and I wonder how many would) for any of the below given key words when searched(Googled) for the whole web or just for pages from India.

1) Car Audio Forums
2) Best Car Audio System
3) In Car Entertainment (Yes, even after searching by the Title of the Forum I could not find it in Google Results)

and more such generic searches for Car Audio Advice.

I remember how frantically I had searched for some Indian market specific advice on Car Audio on the net. Found innumerable sites/forums offering advice on Car Audio all over the world but nothing specific to India. The only forum I found was indiacar and in my opinion it is nothing compared to discussions had on Team-bhp. I myself stumbled upon Team-BHP, Navin & Sam quite by accident. I was just about to give up my search after about a month or so when I think one of the last search results for the Search words "Swift Car Stereo" or something similar led me to a thread where Car system for Swift was discussed and voila! how my "In Car Entertainment" world changed after that.

In a Nut Shell my three suggestionsplease:

1. Change Title of the Forum/Thread from "In Car Entertainment" to something more generic as listed in Point 2 above.

2. Make it an independent Forum/thread (not a sub-Forum)under Team-BHP (i.e. not nestled two levels deep as described in Point 1 above). If not at least give a link to it on the First/main Page where all Thread/Forums are listed.

3. Kindly see that those searching for Advice on Car Audio/Video etc can easily find it while googling or yahooiing.

Hope I do not offend anyones wisdom/logic. My only intention is to help those looking for advice easily find the place where they can get the best!:)

Hi!
I think Navin and I are reasonably qualified to comment on that statement as we live here. This is our domain :)
ICE is the internationally accepted acronym for audio-video gadgetry in the car. We dont always discuss audio systems, often talking about iPod in-car products screens etc etc
ICE is good, no need to change it, IMO

I think your second suggestion is a good one. But earlier the ICE forum wasn't THAT popular, this is a car forum remember? Most people here prefer to talk tyres and engine vengine stuff.
But then of course, NOW the ICE forum is super visited and heavily loaded. I credit this to a bunch of wonderful enthusiasts (You all know who you are)
I agree with you. Maybe it's time to pull out the ICE from Modificiations and accessories and give it a slight promotion.

Of course this decision lies in the capable hands of the Powers that be at TBHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundManiac
One of my friends had this to say on first visiting Team-BHP " How on earth can one be sure that In-Car Entertainment means Musical Entertainment/Car Audio and not any other form of Entertainment?;)"

There are definitely many different kinds of entertainment one can have in a car apart from Audio-Video. But honestly, nobody comes to a forum for that kind of entertainment lol:
Maybe TBHP should start up a thread on making out positions, model-specific car brands , front seat back seat, foldable armrests etc etc etc.
I will head that section.

Arrey! Who cares about this egine vengine. Cars are made for sound, so went the words of one great man. lol: He even has an electronic component in his name: 'Kapasi' tor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
There are definitely many different kinds of entertainment one can have in a car apart from Audio-Video. But honestly, nobody comes to a forum for that kind of entertainment lol:
Maybe TBHP should start up a thread on making out positions, model-specific car brands , front seat back seat, foldable armrests etc etc etc.
I will head that section.

Sam's back....:-)

1. If there will ever be a moderator for the other sorts of entertainment one can have in a car trust me I am heading it. i'm not that old!

2. This is a car forum where car stereo-video-mp3 etc... is really not important to anyone. Until Sam and his bigger than life pesonality came along and started what today is a 3000 post thread, the ICE forum was a non entitity. In fact I was probably made moderator only because of the sudden and explosive growth of this forum.

3. far be it for me to promote this forum. I think the fact that we are 2 steps off center and most other TBHP members consider us a bunch of eccentrics (to be left alone) we are able to get away with much more banter than any other forum. We have discussed everything from EAC/LAME to Sam's Hair. I feel no other forum on TBHP has allowed the members to expose so much of their personalities and the reason we can do this is that we are hidden from public view.

4. If the supreme powers (senior mods) want to give this forum a more visible stage so be it. Till then I will continue to enjoy this hidden section of TBHP. My friends have had little trouble finding it though. The usual method is to search for my posts. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Arrey! Who cares about this egine vengine. Cars are made for sound, so went the words of one great man. lol: He even has an electronic component in his name: 'Kapasi' tor.

Haha .. Good one vivek .. Oye kapasitor , without engine vengine teri gaddi ek kadam bhi aaage nahi jayegi .. Yaad rakh .. Talking of which i just think u might fit in the role for the flintstones show with the car .. Engine vengine leave , work out by jogging with the car .. Hehe ..

Name change or not, the ICE forum surely, needs to be upgraded!! And as for the fun we have here, I'm sure the mods will not take away our liberty to discuss the little innanes that we do as a cost of upgradation!!