Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Could not find it in singapore - found a dealer in Penang next to my hotel....at midnight before I left

Anyway, picked one up from US of ebay - connected this to my ipod interface and now the system sounds awesome. Also got an itrip for the honda - not a patch on a direct connection!
Initially I used the Monster iPlay FM transmitter, but it can't even be compared to the simple AUX in wire I found lying around the house!!!
Old 24th May 2006, 22:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir

Thats the cable. Saw it again at Driven... I spoke to Manik... anybody who wants it should call him on 9811775777.
how does this plug into an ipod? i kno the black end goes behind the HU. wont i need another cable which goes from the 3.5mm headphone jack to the rca plugs on the above cable?
Old 24th May 2006, 22:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
how does this plug into an ipod? i kno the black end goes behind the HU. wont i need another cable which goes from the 3.5mm headphone jack to the rca plugs on the above cable?
yeah, you'll need a 2pin-1pin auxilliary cable.(the kind you use with your home stereo if you connect an ipod or external player to it)

ONe end has the male counterparts of the red and white pins you see here, the other end has a mini-jack(ike a earphone jack) that will plug into your iPod earphone jack.
Old 24th May 2006, 23:27   #34

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

damn im confused...
i have pioneer 6850 ,it has an auxillary.i have an ipod nano.now pl someone explain clearly wat exactly do i need.what is it called,where can i get it from.the lead is called ib10 and i need a seperate ipod car charger.pleez clarify
@ajmat:where in singapore did u look...as in any mall,complex.more info please as il be goin to singapore in mid june.thanx
also i have creative mp3 player lying at home can i connect it too.which adaptor do i need.
thanx in advance
Old 25th May 2006, 01:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
damn im confused...
i have pioneer 6850 ,it has an auxillary.i have an ipod nano.now pl someone explain clearly wat exactly do i need.what is it called,where can i get it from.the lead is called ib10 and i need a seperate ipod car charger.pleez clarify
@ajmat:where in singapore did u look...as in any mall,complex.more info please as il be goin to singapore in mid june.thanx
also i have creative mp3 player lying at home can i connect it too.which adaptor do i need.
thanx in advance
You have two options regarding your Nano
1) Buy a pioneer iPod interface and use it to conect your iPod to the H.U.(roughly $120..dunno how much it sells for here)
This will also charge your iPod. You'lll be controling the iPod directly from your H.U using the Rotary commander and all info will be on the H.U screen, iPod can be stashed away.

2) Your H.U has its auxiliary in connection under the front plate..i believe it's a "non standard 2.5mm jack" (just under the 'Sat radio ready' logo)
You'll needto buy an appropriate connector from your local electronics/accessories shop....shouldn't cost too much
You can use this same wire to connect your creative mp3 player to the h.u. In this case you will be controlling everthing from the mp3 player itself. You can buy a seperate car charger, but i really dont think its necessary, the battery life is pretty decent, infact, heres what the resident Guru's Sam and Navin had to say about the battery life using an aux -in cable.... (read posts 16-19)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...hama-mp34.html (I would be the one referred to as 'kiddo' .)

Here's the source link for the non standard jack statement
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ICYqfEs...0&I=130DEHP680

Hope this makes things slightly less confusing.

Last edited by swale84 : 25th May 2006 at 01:38.
Old 25th May 2006, 01:42   #36
BHPian

thanks swale84.
@hellaspawn, i was typing out my reply when swale already posted a good answer. hope its clear now
this is correct link to the pioneer ipod adapter
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TgGfW65...p?i=130IB100II for $50 its a good deal i must say.

Last edited by cheap_deal : 25th May 2006 at 01:49.
Old 25th May 2006, 08:54   #37
Team-BHP Support

I will do a seperate review but anyway

I have a Pio 6850 (can hear Navin's disgust) HU. Also got a harmann kardon - drive play for the ipod. This was ordered before the HU came so I relied on fm radio - which sucked and made the sound too shallow.

Bought the cable of ebay us and received this in 5 days. 5 minute fitment and wow!
Old 25th May 2006, 12:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I will do a seperate review but anyway

I have a Pio 6850 (can hear Navin's disgust) HU. Also got a harmann kardon - drive play for the ipod. This was ordered before the HU came so I relied on fm radio - which sucked and made the sound too shallow.

Bought the cable of ebay us and received this in 5 days. 5 minute fitment and wow!
Ajmat, I didn't know you can order stuff from the U.S here...What exchange rate do you pay? are there any other charges? How much for shipping? thanks
suhail
Old 25th May 2006, 13:44   #39
Team-BHP Support

You can - shipping was the killer but the original price was low so I paid $5 over normal retail. Normally order and ship to someone in the US to bring over for me
Old 2nd June 2006, 17:57   #40

Hi..
I need dat wire to connect my SonyEricsson MP3 phone to it.

But i dont see the worth to buy it of Rs.1600.
Manik reduce the prices plz.
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul261
Hi..
I need dat wire to connect my SonyEricsson MP3 phone to it.

But i dont see the worth to buy it of Rs.1600.
Manik reduce the prices plz.
Vipul, Low_Bass_Makker is in Fbad and he's quite helpful. I'm sure he will help you make your own cable. Its fairly simple.
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Vipul, Low_Bass_Makker is in Fbad and he's quite helpful. I'm sure he will help you make your own cable. Its fairly simple.
gunman, u r being funny now!
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gunbir will glad to do it.

Vipul where do u wanna connect the phone ???? give us some details for the same.......

And the interface of the ipod through the 6850 with the pioneer interface unit is mind blowing good stuff pioneer people have make I have a vdo of the same check it out (diff in 6850 and 8850 is the screen color but the interface is the same in both the HU)

http://rapidshare.de/files/20735774/ipod.3gp.html
Old 3rd June 2006, 01:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
gunman, u r being funny now!
Panky... actually no, was being serious. the only special thing about that cable (the one I showed in the pic earlier) is the IP-bus connector. Which isnt generally available. But there is enough information on the internet that will help you make your own 'jugad'. Its quite simple actually, we COULD make them but we arent manufacturers, so lets not get into that. There are people out there in Taiwan and China manufacturing these things. If you can afford the original Pioneer, buy that. If you can afford the 3rd party product I showed earlier, buy that. If you want to spend next to nothing, DIY. Its not rocket science.

BTW I also found one for Alpines...
Old 3rd June 2006, 01:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Man i got it yesterday for my Alpine PXA second input. I think It made by alpine itself from the qualtiy. I got it for Rs 750 only...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks