Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 01:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I think It made by alpine itself from the qualtiy. I got it for Rs 750 only...
LBM, quite possible. Do those white 'covers' on the RCA connectors have Alpine embossed on them? Cuz in the original the do.
Old 3rd June 2006, 01:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ya man thats why I said so will post the pics of the same tomm..
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:08   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I will do a seperate review but anyway

I have a Pio 6850 (can hear Navin's disgust) HU. Also got a harmann kardon - drive play for the ipod. This was ordered before the HU came so I relied on fm radio - which sucked and made the sound too shallow. !
I have nothing against Pio's sound or quality. I have an issue with them treating Indian customers like second class citizens. Now that they are offering systems with Bill and Warranty like they should have from day one I am quite happy recommnding them with this caeveat (BUY ONLY WITH BILL AND WARRANTY THERE IS TOO MUCH SPURIOUS STOCK OUT THERE AND WITHOUT B&W YOU'LL BE SUNK IF YOU NEED SERVICE).

Best places in Sing for electronics is Sim Lim and best place if you are DIYer is Burlington square thankfully they are all close together.
Old 3rd June 2006, 10:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have nothing against Pio's sound or quality. I have an issue with them treating Indian customers like second class citizens. Now that they are offering systems with Bill and Warranty like they should have from day one I am quite happy recommnding them with this caeveat (BUY ONLY WITH BILL AND WARRANTY THERE IS TOO MUCH SPURIOUS STOCK OUT THERE AND WITHOUT B&W YOU'LL BE SUNK IF YOU NEED SERVICE).

Best places in Sing for electronics is Sim Lim and best place if you are DIYer is Burlington square thankfully they are all close together.
The way Alpine is headed (dropped TA etc from their HUs, now there are rumours the H701 is being discontinued), it is clear they are no longer catering to the discerning enthusiast but instead wanting a chunk of the general audio market that Sony, JVC etc have. The only great products are in the F1 range. Sad, but true...

Meanwhile, Surprisingly, even in the US, I see Pioneer clearly overtaking them and Eclipse etc with products like the P80RS etc. Navinji you may remember, last year I said that if Pioneer wants to go legit and if they find a distributor in India with the ***** to take on the grey market, they WILL support them. And that has happened. Hopefully, their pricing will come down, I hear they might even be OEM in some of our cars in the future.
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Man i got it yesterday for my Alpine PXA second input. I think It made by alpine itself from the qualtiy. I got it for Rs 750 only...

r u talking abt alpine kca121B? If it costs 750/rs,i wanna buy it as i want to connect my sony walkman to my ICE.
Can u give me some more information?
Old 3rd June 2006, 17:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
LBM, quite possible. Do those white 'covers' on the RCA connectors have Alpine embossed on them? Cuz in the original the do.

Gunbir here is the pic which I was talking about yesterday.....

Old 3rd June 2006, 17:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gunbir here is the pic which I was talking about yesterday.....
Ahh yes, thats the original one. 750 is a nice price man. Whatsay RSJ, want one?
Old 3rd June 2006, 17:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Are bhai logo apne bhe kabi kabi chalti hai...................

I have some dealers in delhi u tells me about the new stuff when arrive.......
Old 3rd June 2006, 18:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Ahh yes, thats the original one. 750 is a nice price man. Whatsay RSJ, want one?

oh yeah.....why not.....ASAP....how can i get it??????

750 rs is ridiculously low amount for this. It costs abt $20 in USA.
Old 4th June 2006, 00:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now there are rumours the H701 is being discontinued
It is bad news man. The PXA-H701 is a very nice pcs of equipment. I myself have not used it to is full potential. It is must have for all the sound lover. But one problem it high price ........
Old 5th June 2006, 09:57   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The way Alpine is headed ...The only great products are in the F1 range. Sad, but true...

Meanwhile, Surprisingly, even in the US, I see Pioneer clearly overtaking them and Eclipse etc with products like the P80RS etc. ..I hear they might even be OEM in some of our cars in the future.
I have only one criteria. Good Sound. I dont care which brand or badge produces it. If Bose gets it's act together and produces good sound I'd buy Bose too.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:03   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

There used to be a place over there focussing on car stereo but it has disappeared - few places focussing on single brands. Most of the car audio stuff are in the 'burbs.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:05   #58
Team-BHP Support

which 'burbs? in case I need something. I dont know much about car audio since I spend my money at Martin's in Burlington square. They are good people. even my son is well taken care of there.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
There used to be a place over there focussing on car stereo but it has disappeared - few places focussing on single brands. Most of the car audio stuff are in the 'burbs.
Yup, Sim Lim is mostly into IT now. Last year there were only a handful of shops dealing in audio. 10 years ago it was vice versa. And if you really wanna feel poor, like you amount to nothing, head straight for Adelphi. You can get to hear some exotic stuff there.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:18   #60
Team-BHP Support

Is not Adelphi mostly home audio. BTW I forgot to mention Adelphi since I am more DIY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks