Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 02:18   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
im talking about pio hus with aux in. switch on the aux in and select it as the source. im sure it works cause im using it.

lbm, you think its not possible, you are not sure. try it before saying its not possible. i can bet it works

Where do you put the audio input?

From where do you control the volume (from the HU volume control)?

Does the EQ adjustment done change the sound when used in the input ?

If you are using the RCA out for the input then from where does you use
the output ?

Is this setup used for a HU internal amp or external amp ?

What happens when the HU has a single preout only?
Old 21st October 2007, 05:10   #107
BHPian

I too don't think it will work. Will check it out tomorrow in my zen. It has an older cassette player from pio with 3 outs and aux in also.
I had the manual lying around with me, and it clearly stated that the aux in is via ipbus.
Old 21st October 2007, 12:28   #108
BHPian

lbm,

all i can say is that it works like a normal aux in.

try it out. i dont know about any other pio HU but i have used aux in on more than 4-5 HUs.

my bro has a pio 770mp iirc. he got a wire connected to the radio. so when he switches on the radio, he can play his ipod. i found it strange cause i have used preouts as aux in in the past. then i connected my cd player to the preouts and switched on aux-in and it worked.

i will try it on my 6850 in a while and let you guys know.

cheers
clip
Old 21st October 2007, 16:20   #109
BHPian

ok, i tried it on my pio 6850. i connected my discman to the rear preouts source switched to aux1. it was working. the sound was coming from the rear speakers as they are powered by the HU. the amps were connected as well but there was no output from them but the rear speaker were playing.
the volume control of the HU does not work when in aux in(even if connected through the front 2.5mm input).

rajat a.k.a. scary skulls was with me at the time of testing. i think, one can use this if he/she does not have an amplifier.

please try it and let me know the results.

cheers
clip

p.s. please don't blame me if anything happens to the HU. i have never had any problems. and yes, this thing was done in my other cars which didnt have an amplifier. i have never in my life used an aux in in my car. i have always used a cd changer(im using it since the last 8-9 years iirc).

Last edited by clipto333 : 21st October 2007 at 16:33.
Old 21st October 2007, 18:11   #110
BHPian

Yup. i saw it. It works. Discman connected to rear preouts, and there was sound from rear speakers (that are on HU).

Should work fine for guys who dont have amps.
OR
Guys looking for a cheap solution in case even if they have amps. (using high level inputs)
Old 21st October 2007, 18:30   #111
BHPian

Strange, but it does work. I tried it on my 7650 cassette player
Old 21st October 2007, 20:40   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Strange, but it does work. I tried it on my 7650 cassette player
so, that means, i have discovered a new hack. but i discovered it 10 years ago iirc. i had a pio cassette HU with 2 pre outs and i just plugged in my discman and it worked. but, it was a hassle to change tracks so i got a cd changer.

cheers
clip

scary,

yes, one can use it with a high to line level converter.

lbm,

you said its not possible. what do you have to say now? :-) no offence. and i wouldn't have said it if i wasn't sure.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 21st October 2007 at 20:46.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:28   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
so, that means, i have discovered a new hack. but i discovered it 10 years ago iirc. i had a pio cassette HU with 2 pre outs and i just plugged in my discman and it worked. but, it was a hassle to change tracks so i got a cd changer.
I have seen this work when the preouts are NOT buffered. My Alpine 7385 would not allow this however.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Where do you put the audio input?

From where do you control the volume (from the HU volume control)?

Does the EQ adjustment done change the sound when used in the input ?

If you are using the RCA out for the input then from where does you use
the output ?

Is this setup used for a HU internal amp or external amp ?

What happens when the HU has a single preout only?
Quote:
lbm,

you said its not possible. what do you have to say now? :-) no offence. and i wouldn't have said it if i wasn't sure.
Sir can you answer the above questions. If you have answered them before then I would have got convinced. as the preout is coming out after the Pre-amp section while going to the HU amplifier. So that is bound to happen. But it might damage the preamp section as you are giving some power to it. and also it is a incorrect way of putting a Aux-in.

One more thing this hack I had done with a old clarion tape HU which used to come with Maruti 800 Deluxe model (1986) I modded the HU in 1992 or 1993 to connect my disk man by soldering the wires after the pre-amp section. And to power on the HU I used a blank cassette.

And you said that with 2.5 mm aux input then also the volume control does not work ?

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 22nd October 2007 at 10:37.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:41   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But it might damage the preamp section as you are giving some power to it.
I agree LBM, this is certainly NOT recomended.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:10   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Sir can you answer the above questions. If you have answered them before then I would have got convinced. as the preout is coming out after the Pre-amp section while going to the HU amplifier. So that is bound to happen. But it might damage the preamp section as you are giving some power to it. and also it is a incorrect way of putting a Aux-in.

One more thing this hack I had done with a old clarion tape HU which used to come with Maruti 800 Deluxe model (1986) I modded the HU in 1992 or 1993 to connect my disk man by soldering the wires after the pre-amp section. And to power on the HU I used a blank cassette.

And you said that with 2.5 mm aux input then also the volume control does not work ?
lbm,

i still haven't answered your questions. but you 'now' know what im talking about, right? do i have to convince anyone? was it that difficult to understand? i dont think so. i just said the aux in works when you connect the external source on the rear pre outs.

first you said"it is not possible" and now you are saying "it is bound to happen". what do you want to say? i dont understand why you always disagree. i was sure, thats why i said it works. were you?

and yes, the volume control doesn't work when an external source is connected through the front 2.5mm input but i will confirm again in a while.

cheers
clip
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:31   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

About the Pioneer IP BUS Cable

Came across Pioneer IP BUS Cables that can be used to add AUX function in Pioneer head units. One of my colleague has Pioneer HU with the blue connector for IP BUS cable. Can this cable be used to get the AUX function?

On the Pioneer IP Bus Cable-dwklwb.jpg

This blue connector is available in the HU
On the Pioneer IP Bus Cable-201205181411556826.jpg

I have few queries,
1) "AUX" is not displayed in HU when the SRC (Source) button is pressed repeatedly
2) Will inserting this cable trigger the AUX function and display "AUX" in HU?
3) Thinking of DIY. Found this pin configuration. Connecting an AUX cable to these 4 pins will work or the actual IP BUS cable to be used?

Name:  Pioneer Head Unit Aux Pinouts.bmp
Views: 11256
Size:  146.9 KB

Image source: Google

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 22nd January 2015 at 16:32.
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:58   #118
BHPian

re: About the Pioneer IP BUS Cable

I had such a cable for my Pioneer cassette player (installed in 2000 in an alto) and it did work fine.
Before I could get hand on this (was not available in India readily then) I had made jugaad connector for it to listen to a MD player as an AUX and that worked well too. It used to dislodge at times though!
I thought, like the MD player, this interface would be outdated by now and replaced by USB + stereo inputs but I am surprised pioneer still makes HUs with this interface (or is it a old one?).

Quote:
1) "AUX" is not displayed in HU when the SRC (Source) button is pressed repeatedly
AFAIK, you will have to go in setup (i think press and hold source ) and enable AUX from there.

Last edited by alto99 : 22nd January 2015 at 18:05.
alto99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:03   #119
Team-BHP Support

The AUX function needs to be turned ON under setting, and you can check if this option is there without plugging in a cable or device also.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:25   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
AFAIK, you will have to go in setup (i think press and hold source ) and enable AUX from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The AUX function needs to be turned ON under setting, and you can check if this option is there without plugging in a cable or device also.
Thanks for the input. Let me check and update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
I am surprised pioneer still makes HUs with this interface (or is it a old one?)
That's pretty old HU (2002 model Cassette player)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks