Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2006, 19:45   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh dear. Pioneer strikes again. They have an aux-input but not a 2channel RCA in??? That's just plain WRONG and cheating.

Singing "dil jalta hai, to jalne de" instead.
Old 25th October 2006, 23:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

@vid,

Just get a cd changer cable from ur ICE installer (con him into giving it to you) , cut it at the length you want, stuf that 9 pin IP bus into the aux-in at the back of your HU and ask him to solder a stereo pin at the other end (you have to check the sound is coming from both L and R sides before soldering).

Voila - you are done ! I worked it out the same way. Cost me 700 bucks. No issues for the last year and a half.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th October 2006 at 23:04.
Old 26th October 2006, 11:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
@vid,

Just get a cd changer cable from ur ICE installer (con him into giving it to you) , cut it at the length you want, stuf that 9 pin IP bus into the aux-in at the back of your HU and ask him to solder a stereo pin at the other end (you have to check the sound is coming from both L and R sides before soldering).

Voila - you are done ! I worked it out the same way. Cost me 700 bucks. No issues for the last year and a half.

Hope this helps.
does that mean you cant connect the cd changer no more ? man, thats cheating.
Old 26th October 2006, 11:10   #79
Team-BHP Support

yup esteem_mover if you use the IP-bus to connect your ipod then you cant use it to connect the cd changer.
N_C's idea to solder the wire is an easy way to connect the ipod.
You also get a cable to convert the IP-bus to RCA.
Also i think its not only pioneer but also blaupunkt, JVC, Alpine which have this proprietary aux-in.
crutchfield shows converters to RCA for quite a few brands.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:22   #80
BHPian

All,

I had enquired with the accessories team and even checked one 6 CD player unit which was kept as a show piece.

I could see ports for the speakers, power and Antenna. That is all. there was no specific AUX or RCA ports

-tortoise
Old 10th November 2006, 20:39   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@vid,

First of all thanks vid for guiding me to this thread!
Now this cd changer cable;is it the same between a pioneer and a kenwood?The baleno cd changer is not being used so might as well pull out the cable from there if possible...possible?/
Old 10th November 2006, 21:09   #82
Team-BHP Support

Which HU do you have and also which CD-changer.
The pioneer and kenwood both have their own proprieatary adaptors. So it wont be the same.
The pios is a square type connector and the kenwood is round connector.
Old 10th November 2006, 21:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Which HU do you have and also which CD-changer.
The pioneer and kenwood both have their own proprieatary adaptors. So it wont be the same.
The pios is a square type connector and the kenwood is round connector.
Pio 5850.Will look out for the cable...thanks!
Old 11th November 2006, 01:02   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Good brand? Of wire. Just go to the electronics store and buy MX cable. It costs..

It costs....

I hope you are sitting down

25 rupees.
I use MX speaker cables in my car. Rs 30 per metre. Pretty good.
Old 13th November 2006, 15:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@vid,

Hope this helps.
Just checked my HU & it has an IP Bus connector which leads to 2 sets of RCA pins & one of them goes to the CD changer & the other is free. So, i guess i can use that to connect an external device too. BTW, i have a Sony & I like it too.
Old 1st January 2007, 14:32   #86
BHPian

How to remove the swift dash that contains the HU

I know i should ask my installer as to how to do this, but everytime i land up at my installers place i turn up spending on something or the other.

My query is simple does anybody know the right way to remove the dash containing the HU for swift ?

Actually what i want to do is make a IP-BUS cable for the pioneer head unit myself to connect my i-pod, so i need access to the rear of the pioneer head unit.
Old 1st January 2007, 18:03   #87
BHPian

hi sixth sense..

My sugestion ..leave the job to the professionals..as you could either damage your dash or your HU or even both in the process..esp the HU as it is a delicate piece of machinery....however maybe some of teh gurus can give you an easy solution...me personally would not attempt to DIY...unless i was dead sure about what im doing... although im not sure if you would need to remove a HU to connect a cable for the I pod...well DIYing can be tricky
Old 1st January 2007, 19:53   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post

My query is simple does anybody know the right way to remove the dash containing the HU for swift ?

Can be done, remove the glove box by squezing the lid laterally and easing it out. Then one needs to remove one or two retaining screws near the rigt side of glove box and prise the central part out.

Frankly an easier method is study HU manual and figure out where slot is on rear. Remove glove box and reach in to HU rear using a torch and plug it in. Even less hassle to visit the maruti /audio dealer who can sort this out for a couple of 100 bucks
Old 1st January 2007, 21:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

HI sixthsense, i appreciate your need to DIY. take your car to the installer & ask him to let you try it on your own. pay him for his services & do not look into the shop. i know that feeling, its the same with me, i always end up buying something which i never would have thought of.
Old 1st January 2007, 23:12   #90
BHPian

Do u really need to remove the dash ?? If you have a Pio HU i it just remove the trim around the faceplate and slide in two 'keys' on either sides and all you have to do is pull the unit out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks