Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2007, 23:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

the slide out doesnt take time or money...the audio guys at the acc shop should do it for you with no cost at all, or if you do really really want to do it your self then buy the keys from them for 80 bucks a pair..but where will the wire come out from..unless you make a hole through that storage slot they give under the deck..
Old 2nd January 2007, 00:10   #92
Team-BHP Support

Hey sixthsense,

I knew it was here somewhere what you were looking for.

pioneer ip-bus connector

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...cd-player.html

Precision Interface Electronics PIO/P-RCA Auxiliary Input Adapter for Pioneer IP-BUS at Crutchfield.com
Old 2nd January 2007, 00:14   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Do u really need to remove the dash ?? If you have a Pio HU i it just remove the trim around the faceplate and slide in two 'keys' on either sides and all you have to do is pull the unit out.
Not every car allows for the mounting of the mouting cage. Especially in the japanese double din type cars, the HU is screw mounted inside the dash unit.

The keys are used when the relatively simpler slide in method is used. In this nethod, the install cage is slid in and the dog ears are bent all around. The the HU slides into that and clicks in. You then need the keys to remove the HU. I dont think the swift install is like this one.
Old 2nd January 2007, 08:14   #94
Team-BHP Support

Folks

I had to fit a similar pio bus cable between my HU and the HK drive play. As Sam say, it needed to be a proctologist procedure - my hands were too big to reach behind and I has a bit unsure so got Sam's team to do it. Much less hassle
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
HI sixthsense, i appreciate your need to DIY. take your car to the installer & ask him to let you try it on your own. pay him for his services & do not look into the shop. i know that feeling, its the same with me, i always end up buying something which i never would have thought of.

That's a nice one. I'm going to my installer to put some art leather cover on my seats today and try it on my own to remove the dash.

Vid6699,

There is a more easier version of making the pioneer cable on the net Gutterslide.com - Pioneer IP-BUS Hack

All it need is a liltle bit of soldering and some motherboard's little black plugs which are used for the LED's in the CPU. As i had spare RCA cable lying around in my house i thought of doing it myself. This way the cable would cost nothing to me and anyways i'm unable to find the cable here in B'lore.
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
..but where will the wire come out from..unless you make a hole through that storage slot they give under the deck..

By the wire if you mean the IP-BUS RCA cable, i think i'll keep it in the glove box with the ipod attached to it.
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:45   #97
BHPian

I have a Pioneer 4750. Have just obtained the cable from Driven in New Delhi. My installer connected it in ten minutes, and I have kept the other end inside the glove box. Works like a charm. The Ipod sounds clear as crystal.
Cable cost me Rs 1650/- plus 150/- for courier to Goa.
Highly recommended.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:20   #98
BHPian

Need Help !!

Hey guys,

I have a Pioneer's KEH-P4020 cassette receiver, and I wanted to connect my MP3 player to it. I read about the IP bus to RCA connector in the threads. Could you please tell me where I can get this connector in Gurgaon or in Delhi, or if possible could you please provide me with the contact numbers?....

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 9th October 2007, 02:22   #99
BHPian

LBM/Gunbir/Anyone - Where can I get my hands on the Pioneer RB-20 in today's date and how much would it be for?

Anyone else outside Delhi/NCR who can get the prices and possibly courier it to me?

I want to use my CD Changer + AUX, thus, the requirement.
Old 9th October 2007, 05:25   #100
BHPian

@Driven is a member here. He supplied the cable I bought. PM him.
Old 20th October 2007, 12:30   #101
BHPian

hi,

why are all of you buying ip bus to rca cables for aux in(pioneer HU)? i dont know about anyone but i have used the rear(or is it front? its one of them. its the rear im sure) preouts as aux input for like more than 10 years now on may pio HUs without any problem. im still using it on my 770. i was using it on my 5650 mp3 player.

i dont think any one has tried this. do try it out before buying the ip bus to rca cable. and i know i have revived an old thread.

cheers
clip
Old 20th October 2007, 14:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
@Driven is a member here. He supplied the cable I bought. PM him.
I know that buddy, but I'm asking about something else. The CD-RB20 will support AUX and the CD changer.

Here's how it looks

Can anyone still tell me where to get this???

@clipto333: NEAT! So if we use a pre-out, will it work from the AUX source of the Pioneer HU? Does this work on all Pioneer HUs, any idea about the 9650?

Last edited by ankitahuja : 20th October 2007 at 14:37.
Old 20th October 2007, 15:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i dont know about anyone but i have used the rear(or is it front? its one of them. its the rear im sure) preouts as aux input for like more than 10 years now on may pio HUs without any problem.

And what source do you select?
Old 20th October 2007, 15:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
why are all of you buying ip bus to rca cables for aux in(pioneer HU)? i dont know about anyone but i have used the rear(or is it front? its one of them. its the rear im sure) preouts as aux input for like more than 10 years now on may pio HUs without any problem. im still using it on my 770. i was using it on my 5650 mp3 player.

i dont think any one has tried this. do try it out before buying the ip bus to rca cable. and i know i have revived an old thread.

cheers
clip
I think it is not possible....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I know that buddy, but I'm asking about something else. The CD-RB20 will support AUX and the CD changer.

Can anyone still tell me where to get this???

@clipto333: NEAT! So if we use a pre-out, will it work from the AUX source of the Pioneer HU? Does this work on all Pioneer HUs, any idea about the 9650?
Not it will not but I think you need this .....let me know as I might sell it If I get a nice price...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

And what source do you select?
Same here confused.
Old 20th October 2007, 23:58   #105
BHPian

im talking about pio hus with aux in. switch on the aux in and select it as the source. im sure it works cause im using it.

lbm, you think its not possible, you are not sure. try it before saying its not possible. i can bet it works

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks