Team-BHP - Best VFM tweeters?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Best VFM tweeters? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/10198-best-vfm-tweeters.html)

Folks,
I am looking at purchasing good tweeters for my car. I am not very happy with the high freq response with my front speakers. I have a very basic low-end system, which is doing alright, but for the high freq.

I am looking for tweeters for personal use and not for outsiders! In other words I dont want powerful tweeters (the ones that people blast off ... sometimes can be heard a mile distance!...wonder how they manage to sit in the car! :D ).I am also not looking at those useless tweeters that autodrivers use... rl:

Just simple tweeters for that extra bit of clarity..! I am on a tight budget too!
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Well there are a few options. Pioneer has the famous TS20s but i frankly dont like them.
Sweet sounding are Infinity tweeters but they cos an arm and a leg.
Blaupunkt has an decent tweeter for about 16 or 1700. JBL GTO16Te tweeters are at 2500/-
Why dont you chuck your front speakers and buy a set of components? What car do you drive?

I have heard the TS20 and would not recoomend them without serious modifications. Some simple ones....
1. The rear chamber has to be vented into a larger chamber to drop Fs
2. The grill should be covered by a silk cloth to reduce the glare
3. use a 12db XO at 4K instead of the single cap XO they supply

there are other mods but those are not for the faint hearted.

I drive an 800. I have a JVC head unit and connect my mp3 player to it.
I guess buying components is one option. The other option that I am also looking at is DIY! With decent crossovers ckts and tweeters available, it should be a feasible option I guess.

Thanks!
Kvish

Quote:

Sweet sounding are Infinity tweeters but they cos an arm and a leg.
LOL! Nice sense of humour,bro.

Quote:

I have heard the TS20 and would not recoomend them without serious modifications. Some simple ones....
1. The rear chamber has to be vented into a larger chamber to drop Fs
2. The grill should be covered by a silk cloth to reduce the glare
3. use a 12db XO at 4K instead of the single cap XO they supply

there are other mods but those are not for the faint hearted.
I've heard about engine mods, about suspension mods, ...I'm just amazed to see speaker mods.U got my respect,man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
I've heard about engine mods, about suspension mods, ...I'm just amazed to see speaker mods.U got my respect,man.

Then you gotta see what Sam does to cars. His latest project is a Swift.

The tweeters of my friend's Alto has gone kaput and since he is not an audiophile he wants to get it replaced with a bare-basic branded tweeter.

Which brand is the best option & what will be the price ?

I Have an Alpine Tweeter, not bad atleast its better than the Pioneer which sounds really harsh to me though some prefer it.

OT: I am planning to sell my TS20's for a grand - about 1.5 years old.

Any Buyers ? - you can PM me .

p.s.
please excuse for not posting on the Sale/Purchase section

Buy the JBL GTO series of tweeters. They have good build quality, inline filters and very attractive price tag.

Or get Sony. Costs about Rs.1,100. VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 387086)
The tweeters of my friend's Alto has gone kaput ?[/b]

which tweeters did he have originally?
which woofer does he have?
were the orignal tweeters part of a compoent pair?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
which tweeters did he have originally?
which woofer does he have?
were the orignal tweeters part of a compoent pair?

He is having some unbranded stuffs in his car except a Sony HU & speakers. And for the tweeters, his maximum budget is Rs.1500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
Buy the JBL GTO series of tweeters. They have good build quality, inline filters and very attractive price tag.

What will be the price of JBL ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 170885)
... JBL GTO16Te tweeters are at 2500/-...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 387895)
What will be the price of JBL ?

2500/-, as Sam's mentioned above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 387895)
He is having some unbranded stuffs in his car except a Sony HU & speakers. And for the tweeters, his maximum budget is Rs.1500.

1500 is a rather small budget for good tweeters. The TS20s sell for about 1K per pair but they are tizzy and ugh. Maybe the Blaupunkt tweeter might fit this budget. JBL is over 2K.