Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 11:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Cruze - ICE options with MS8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
I've already done that. I switched the rca also of the front left and right speakers and still Channel 1 is giving out the static. Do you think it has something to do with the grounding of the MS8?

Thanks
I dont think so. If so the problem would be in both channels.

Tell you what bypass the MS8 and use the speaker level inputs on the amp and see if that helps. This way we can isolate the culprit.

Remember the MS8 has some small 20W amps built in it so the next step would to run the front and rear speakers from the MS8's amps.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

OT

Man! you have a beast on steroids and now some good ICE! And you DIY all that stuff. Great job!

How did you manage by yourself?
Old 15th July 2011, 18:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lovely list of equipment, IF possible please post some pictures. How does the OE system sound with the MS8 ?? AFAIK MS8 has some auto tuning features available.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OT

Man! you have a beast on steroids and now some good ICE! And you DIY all that stuff. Great job!

How did you manage by yourself?
Hi JK,

I had a little help from a installers assistant for opening up the panels and all. But I did the wiring and all install. It wasn't too good but now it is perfect and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Lovely list of equipment, IF possible please post some pictures. How does the OE system sound with the MS8 ?? AFAIK MS8 has some auto tuning features available.
Hey Manan,

The OE system sounds amazing with the MS8. It is 500 times better than the stock setup. I got the system properly re-installed and tuned at Car Plus, Delhi and the install is very clean and is worthy of a picture. I will put up pics tomorrow. I have to say though, I have never heard anything like the ID sub ever!

Cheers
Old 20th July 2011, 01:02   #20
BHPian

Hello Guys,

A couple of pics of the install. I'm sorry about the image quality, was using a cellphone camera and it was pretty dark.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-20110719-12.54.49.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-20110719-12.55.22.jpg  

Old 6th September 2011, 15:47   #21
BHPian

An update to the Cruze ICE :

The install was done at Car Plus, Rishab Vihar, Delhi. They're really helpful and have one of the best quality of equipment, skilled workers who know what goes where. Got a chance to see what else they were working on and the quality of seat covers install is great too. Their pricing is a little on the higher side but the install quality made up for it. Sumit is the person to talk to over there and is a really helpful guy and knew exactly what was missing.

I had a lot of tuning issues with the JBL MS8 and the infinity mono amp and ID Sub. After all the hardwork we had put into it with no remarkable results and Sumit's advice, I decided the Infinity amp and the ID sub had to go as they weren't working with the setup.

I opted for the new Hertz HDP1 amp paired with a Kicker L5 Enclosure. In order to make it a complete 7.1 setup, also put in a pair of Pioneer Competition 6x9 Co-axials. After putting in the Kicker enclosure, the boot made a lot of rattling noises, so the entire boot was damped again properly.

The complete list for the ICE now reads :

1) JBL MS8
2) Infinity Kappa Four
3) Hertz HDP1
4) Image Dynamics CTX 65 x 2pairs
5) Pioneer Competition 6x9 Co-axials
6) Pioneer Centre Speaker
7) 0 AWG Wiring + Audison RCA's
8) Dynamat Extreme

I am now using all the 8 channels of the MS8 and powering the side speakers and the center speaker directly from the MS8 amplifier. The pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0846.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0848.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0850.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0851.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0854.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0855.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-img_0856.jpg  

tusharsethi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 16:12   #22
BHPian

Why Why Why on earth would you change the IDQ to Kicker.....

Congrats on the setup, must be sounding good.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Why Why Why on earth would you change the IDQ to Kicker.....

Congrats on the setup, must be sounding good.
Hi,

I was told that the IDQ was oriented more towards SQ than SPL. And I wanted it to be loud and feel every beat!

Cheers

Tushar
Old 6th September 2011, 17:12   #24
BHPian

re: Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit

Hi tushar
congrats for the install.
I have a query for you. I am also looking for infinity kappa four for my ice install. But its too costly here. Would you mind sharing the cost at which you bought from US. I might also source it if its cheap.
Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 19:02   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the ICE mate, looks neatly done. Where are the tweeters mounted in the cabin?

PS - In the pics, i see that the IDQ is mounted onto the enclosure with just 4 screws?
Old 6th September 2011, 20:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Hi tushar
congrats for the install.
I have a query for you. I am also looking for infinity kappa four for my ice install. But its too costly here. Would you mind sharing the cost at which you bought from US. I might also source it if its cheap.
Thanks
Hi Sheelz,

I got the Infinity Kappa One and an Infinity Kappa Four at a combined deal of USD 550 including shipping to NYC. Individually you should get the Kappa Four for about USD 290 and the same for the Kappa One + Shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Congrats on the ICE mate, looks neatly done. Where are the tweeters mounted in the cabin?

PS - In the pics, i see that the IDQ is mounted onto the enclosure with just 4 screws?
The front tweeters are mounted inside the stock locations on the A pillar and the rear only are mounted by cutting a hole in the B pillar panel. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Inside the car, you cannot tell that there is something changed except the Center Speaker and Rear Ovals.
Old 4th October 2011, 21:29   #27
BHPian

Congrats Tushar on a great set up. Could you please share the cost of entire set up. Also would you recommend the same setup to me for my cruze. I have a similar taste and requirement as yours and really dont have time to go through all the options available.

I am based out of Delhi and I drive Cruze LTZ AT..

PS:- Do u still reCommend not changing original SU.

Quote:
Hi Sheelz,

I got the Infinity Kappa One and an Infinity Kappa Four at a combined deal of USD 550 including shipping to NYC. Individually you should get the Kappa Four for about USD 290 and the same for the Kappa One + Shipping.

The front tweeters are mounted inside the stock locations on the A pillar and the rear only are mounted by cutting a hole in the B pillar panel. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Inside the car, you cannot tell that there is something changed except the Center Speaker and Rear Ovals.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Congrats Tushar on a great set up. Could you please share the cost of entire set up. Also would you recommend the same setup to me for my cruze. I have a similar taste and requirement as yours and really dont have time to go through all the options available.

I am based out of Delhi and I drive Cruze LTZ AT..

PS:- Do u still reCommend not changing original SU.
Hi,

If you are comfortable with putting in a double din fascia, I would recommend going in for a Replacement Double Din unit. The original HU does not have that kind of output even with the MS8 installed. Otherwise, you can opt for the MS8 or the Audison Bit One. Both do the job well.

The complete breakup for my ICE is below. The prices quoted in dollars are for the one's I got from the US and in brackets are current prices in India.

JBl MS8 - $500 (Rs.35,000 - 40,000)
Infinity Kappa Four - $275 (Rs.22,000)
Hertz HDP1 - Rs. 30,000

Image Dynamics CTX65CS - $275 for 2 Pairs ( Rs. 20,000 for 2 pairs )
Pioneer Competition 6x9's - Rs. 6,000
Pioneer Center Speaker - Rs.5,500
Kicker L5 Enclosure - Rs. 15,000

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack + 4 extra Sheets - Rs. 15,000
0 AWG Wiring + Audison RCA + JL Audio RCA - Rs. 10,000
Other Misc Wiring and Setup Costs - Rs. 5,000

The total comes to 1,63,500 if you look at Indian Pricing.

Instead, if you are comfortable with changing the HU, all this can be achieved in about 80k or less and will still sound better.

I hope I helped.

Cheers

Tushar
tusharsethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 14:00   #29
BHPian

Many thanks Tushar.... In your curren setup I hope none of the feature of Cruze got disabled and also any concerns about the warranty?

Quote:
Hi,

If you are comfortable with putting in a double din fascia, I would recommend going in for a Replacement Double Din unit. The original HU does not have that kind of output even with the MS8 installed. Otherwise, you can opt for the MS8 or the Audison Bit One. Both do the job well.

The complete breakup for my ICE is below. The prices quoted in dollars are for the one's I got from the US and in brackets are current prices in India.

JBl MS8 - $500 (Rs.35,000 - 40,000)
Infinity Kappa Four - $275 (Rs.22,000)
Hertz HDP1 - Rs. 30,000

Image Dynamics CTX65CS - $275 for 2 Pairs ( Rs. 20,000 for 2 pairs )
Pioneer Competition 6x9's - Rs. 6,000
Pioneer Center Speaker - Rs.5,500
Kicker L5 Enclosure - Rs. 15,000

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack + 4 extra Sheets - Rs. 15,000
0 AWG Wiring + Audison RCA + JL Audio RCA - Rs. 10,000
Other Misc Wiring and Setup Costs - Rs. 5,000

The total comes to 1,63,500 if you look at Indian Pricing.

Instead, if you are comfortable with changing the HU, all this can be achieved in about 80k or less and will still sound better.

I hope I helped.

Cheers

Tushar
Old 24th October 2011, 06:59   #30
BHPian

Hi Tushar, First of all, great stuff!! I have one doubt; the ID CTX65 speakers have 100W RMS (I believe it is 50 on each side), whereas the Infinity Kappa Four has 125 W for each channel. Is this not an issue, or am I missing anything. FYI, I am currently in Canada, and planning to get the Infinity Kappa Four amp for my Swift. For the speakers though, I am swinging back and forth between the ID CTS 65 and FOCAL ACCESS 165 A1. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed