Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 12:48   #31
BHPian

re: Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Hi Tushar, First of all, great stuff!! I have one doubt; the ID CTX65 speakers have 100W RMS (I believe it is 50 on each side), whereas the Infinity Kappa Four has 125 W for each channel. Is this not an issue, or am I missing anything. FYI, I am currently in Canada, and planning to get the Infinity Kappa Four amp for my Swift. For the speakers though, I am swinging back and forth between the ID CTS 65 and FOCAL ACCESS 165 A1. Any suggestions?
Hi,

The ID Components are 100W RMS each side. So it doesnt make too much of a compromise.

And to be honest, I really didn't find the ID components upto my expectations. The components are good with amazing value for money and SPL, but it lacks the punch. Im now running only the front one's from the infinity and the rear one's directly from the MS8. I would suggest auditioning both of them before deciding.

Cheers
Old 8th November 2011, 18:59   #32
BHPian

Tushar, just saw you are selling your MS8 in the classified section. Any particular reason for selling it off?
Old 15th November 2011, 23:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Tushar, just saw you are selling your MS8 in the classified section. Any particular reason for selling it off?
Hi,

I'm changing the HU to an after-market one and will probably add an Audison Bit-one hence will be taking off the MS8.

Cheers
Old 17th November 2011, 15:17   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Hi,

I'm changing the HU to an after-market one and will probably add an Audison Bit-one hence will be taking off the MS8.

Cheers
Is there something the Bit-One offers that your after market HU does not? Good after market HUs have quite a bit of processing available including Time Alignment.
Old 18th November 2011, 18:55   #35
BHPian

Tushar, awesome car and awesome setup! Congrats and all the best for future addons!
My question is that as you said earlier that if you are ready to change the HU, similar system and maybe better sounding one, can be bought at 80k or less, which would be my max budget for my next car purchase and cruze is also on my radar so. And now even you are changing your HU. So wouldn't you loose many features and car setting options which you get on the HU and also steering mounted controls? And would something like a pioneer or alpine touchscreen HU which also has navigation options do a good job?
Old 18th November 2011, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is there something the Bit-One offers that your after market HU does not? Good after market HUs have quite a bit of processing available including Time Alignment.
Hi Navin,

My reply earlier was a typo. I meant that I'll be changing the HU to an aftermarket one or put in a BitOne. This is because my installer has received a wiring harness which he says does not interrupt the Climate Control display on the Original screen and the steering controls also work. He is still waiting for a Cruze to check that on and if that works, I will be putting just an after-market HU and no Bitone. But, if it doesn't, I'll retain the stock HU and use a BitOne.

Any suggestions for an after market Touchscreen HU, other than the Pioneer? Also, I now have a 7.1 configuration which I doubt can be achieved with any after market HU without a processor. Even if switch to 5.1, is there any HU that can offer an all-in-one feature?

Another thing was that one of the Front ID Components gave away a couple of days back and I have replaced the front with Infinity 6530 components. The main reason for this choice was that I have already spent too much on the ICE of this car. Does an ID component bought from the US have valid warranty in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Tushar, awesome car and awesome setup! Congrats and all the best for future addons!
My question is that as you said earlier that if you are ready to change the HU, similar system and maybe better sounding one, can be bought at 80k or less, which would be my max budget for my next car purchase and cruze is also on my radar so. And now even you are changing your HU. So wouldn't you loose many features and car setting options which you get on the HU and also steering mounted controls? And would something like a pioneer or alpine touchscreen HU which also has navigation options do a good job?
Hi,

I'm still to verify that whether the Climate Control and the Steering Controls will work on the screen or not. If not, I will not change the HU and will change the processor. I will keep you guys updated as I will be doing all this on my next trip to Delhi.

Cheers.

Last edited by tusharsethi : 18th November 2011 at 22:43.
Old 24th November 2011, 10:18   #37
BHPian

Hello tusharsethi,
Any reason for selling the MS-8. Were you able to solve the noise issue on a particular channel. I have installed few MS-8 myself and we are using one is our DEMO Mercedes C240. I have had excellent results with the MS-8. But also gone through severe pain when Paired with a Focal KRX3.
Please share with us if you dont mind the reason as I believe it might be still worth the trouble than looking at HU tuning and BITONE.
Also I had the same issue of Highs and Boominess when we installed it in a Infinity G37.
Old 5th December 2011, 02:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
Hello tusharsethi,
Any reason for selling the MS-8. Were you able to solve the noise issue on a particular channel. I have installed few MS-8 myself and we are using one is our DEMO Mercedes C240. I have had excellent results with the MS-8. But also gone through severe pain when Paired with a Focal KRX3.
Please share with us if you dont mind the reason as I believe it might be still worth the trouble than looking at HU tuning and BITONE.
Also I had the same issue of Highs and Boominess when we installed it in a Infinity G37.
Hi,

The noise issue was solved and was due to a broken speaker connector. The MS8 was not hard to tune and neither was it easy. I live at a place where a decent tuner was a minimum of 300kms away, was fed up with all the wires and so much energy gone into it. After so much that went into the Cruze, the result was, well, Decent to say the least. Finally I went old school and a Pioneer AVH-4390DVD installed last weekend. I will update the thread with pictures and all the things you need to install a double din into a cruze. And yes, for all the people wondering whether the Climate Control screen and the Steering Remote still works..... The answer is YES!

Stay tuned
Old 5th December 2011, 08:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The noise issue was solved and was due to a broken speaker connector. The MS8 was not hard to tune and neither was it easy. I live at a place where a decent tuner was a minimum of 300kms away, was fed up with all the wires and so much energy gone into it. After so much that went into the Cruze, the result was, well, Decent to say the least. Finally I went old school and a Pioneer AVH-4390DVD installed last weekend. I will update the thread with pictures and all the things you need to install a double din into a cruze. And yes, for all the people wondering whether the Climate Control screen and the Steering Remote still works..... The answer is YES!

Stay tuned
Yes the broken connections can do that. It happened with us during testing and thought the unit was lemon. The issue was RCA connector not plugged in correctly.

Yes again I can agree MS-8 is can drive you nuts if not installed properly. Also it prefers active fronts than with crazy crossovers. With KRX3 we spend days to solve some concerns related to tune while in Mercedes with DLS active it was done within 5 minutes.
However if the installation was done correctly, it was just matter of tuning which can be done by yourself. Calibration and crossover selection, channel selection.

Good luck with your new project. So what is it now? BITone?

If you have an iphone or Android phone, download the RTA application for free. Free version can be nagging but it can help you better than your ears to know the dips and peaks.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:02   #40
BHPian

UPDATE :

The Cruze went through another ICE update recently. The MS8 was not giving what I wanted and after so many wires and energy that went into the installation, it didn't seem to do the job.

The car now has a Double Din Pioneer AVH-P4390DVD installed with a "2 Connects" Cruze kit which allows the Climate control screen and the Steering remote to work perfectly. The only drawback of the kit is that now I cant change the time on the Climate Control screen. Otherwise, the fit and finish of the complete kit is amazing. No wires clipped, completely plug-n-play.

I needed a punchy sound and that wasn't happening with the 7.1 setup. So, we got rid of the Center Speaker and the rear 6x9's. Now, the ICE runs only 4 components fitted in the stock locations with an Infinity Kappa Four amp and the Hertz HDP1 Mono. The complete speaker wiring was changed to RF wiring. The doors were damped again properly this time. I guess that more than 60sq.ft. of Dynamat Extreme has gone into this car

The interesting part was that now after taking off the Rear oval speakers, we used a dummy grill just to cover it up and the punch that makes its way into the cabin is just amazing!

All in all, I'm happy with how the setup has turned out after this upgrade. I am still thinking whether to install a Bitone to this setup or not. But, for the time being, I'm happy. I will update more pictures soon. Till then, I have attached 2 pictures of the completed installation.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-5.jpg  

Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit-6.jpg  

Last edited by tusharsethi : 5th December 2011 at 13:05.
tusharsethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:11   #41
BHPian

Re: Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit

Please use a cutout/noise cancellation device to alienate the static. I did have the same problem with my i10 on a JL audio HD900/5 amp. You can check with your ICE installer. I did hear this from my installer that this is a common problem with new cars owing to their electronic circuits and setup.
Old 19th June 2014, 20:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE :

The Cruze went through another ICE update recently. The MS8 was not giving what I wanted and after so many wires and energy that went into the installation, it didn't seem to do the job.

The car now has a Double Din Pioneer AVH-P4390DVD installed with a "2 Connects" Cruze kit which allows the Climate control screen and the Steering remote to work perfectly. The only drawback of the kit is that now I cant change the time on the Climate Control screen. Otherwise, the fit and finish of the complete kit is amazing. No wires clipped, completely plug-n-play.

I needed a punchy sound and that wasn't happening with the 7.1 setup. So, we got rid of the Center Speaker and the rear 6x9's. Now, the ICE runs only 4 components fitted in the stock locations with an Infinity Kappa Four amp and the Hertz HDP1 Mono. The complete speaker wiring was changed to RF wiring. The doors were damped again properly this time. I guess that more than 60sq.ft. of Dynamat Extreme has gone into this car

The interesting part was that now after taking off the Rear oval speakers, we used a dummy grill just to cover it up and the punch that makes its way into the cabin is just amazing!

All in all, I'm happy with how the setup has turned out after this upgrade. I am still thinking whether to install a Bitone to this setup or not. But, for the time being, I'm happy. I will update more pictures soon. Till then, I have attached 2 pictures of the completed installation.

Cheers
Hi Tushar, could you pls let me know where you got the Connect 2 kit for Cruze? because i'm thinking of installing Pioneer HU for my Cruze. Do you get this in India itself?
Old 20th June 2014, 01:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Integration kits are available for cruze but its kinda expensive,you can change the display name to Connects 2,Pioneer,Sony etc. and adjust the reverse sensor volume time date from your oem HU before installing the aftermarket HU.as after installation you cannot do it.

Ita a bit difficult job to install the 2-din,brackets provided with the kit dosent match sometimes,so have to fabricateown for fitment and easy slider moment of the headunit.

No wires needs to be spliced in any manner to install the aftermarket HU,the ac control shows on the OE display.Thanks.

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 20th June 2014 at 01:43.

Most Viewed