Team-BHP - Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Cruze ICE with MS8,ID,Hertz,Kicker,Infinity:NOW with HU DIN kit (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/102356-cruze-ice-ms8-id-hertz-kicker-infinity-now-hu-din-kit.html)

Hello Everyone,

I recently acquired a Chevy Cruze and have a report and experience in the initial ownership report thread.

I'm here to ask the guru's for a little help.

I'm a fan and die hard music lover of all kinds, mainly hip-hop,rock,house and some hindi too. I'm not too much into the technical ICE terms and have about 5% knowledge about Car Audio. The most aspect in my criteria of equipment will be Bass. Not that Boom boom. But the one which makes the windows shake. But, I did not want to touch the stock Headunit. Afterall, the Cruze was only missing a USB/iPod support which is now integrated into the headunit and works like a charm.

I am going to the US this month and have ordered a couple of things already with some of them being on the wait list and I have to confirm them by next week. I need help from the guru's deciding what to order regarding Components, Amplifiers and Subwoofers.

The list of things I've already ordered (Confirmed) :
1) JBL MS-8
2) Dynamat Extreme 36sqft Pack

The list of things on wait list :
1) Infinity Kappa Four
2) Infinity Kappa One
3) Infinity 6.5" 6030cs x 2 Pairs or Polk Audio DB6501
4) Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-watt High-Performance Subwoofer x 2
5) Wiring - Still to be decided
6) Capacitor - Do I need it ? - Have an option of a RF 1F Capacitor for about USD 65.

The wait list options can be changed and please help me decide what option to go for.

I'm in Jaipur and due to the lack of a proper installer here, I'll ve getting the complete installation done in Delhi. Can someone also recommend a good installer who knows what he's doing with the MS8?

Looking forward to everyone's help.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharsethi (Post 2378748)
The list of things I've already ordered (Confirmed) :
1) JBL MS-8
2) Dynamat Extreme 36sqft Pack

The list of things on wait list :
1) Infinity Kappa Four
2) Infinity Kappa One
3) Infinity 6.5" 6030cs x 2 Pairs or Polk Audio DB6501
4) Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-watt High-Performance Subwoofer x 2
5) Wiring - Still to be decided
6) Capacitor - Do I need it ? - Have an option of a RF 1F Capacitor for about USD 65.

1. Why all Infinity components? Are you looking for a 1 brand solution? While Infinity is a good manufacturer it always pays to listen to more than one brand.

2. The Polk 6501 and Infinity 6030 have very different sound signatures so please listen before you buy. You have chosen 6.5" components, are you sure the Cruze can accomodate these components in the stock front and rear locations?

3. In Delhi/NCR region I would talk to Gunbir. He has worked with a MS8 (in fact he worked on the first MS8 install in India - a Tata Nano). Gunbir is a member on TBHP so you can PM him.

4. If you wiring is well done there is no need for the capacitor.

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your reply.

My points are below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2378830)
1. Why all Infinity components? Are you looking for a 1 brand solution? While Infinity is a good manufacturer it always pays to listen to more than one brand.

I'm in Jaipur and there isn't any option available here to demo different components. All I've seen available here are JBL,Pioneer,Kicker,Infinity. That is why I was thinking about Infinity because I found them better than the other 3.

2. The Polk 6501 and Infinity 6030 have very different sound signatures so please listen before you buy. You have chosen 6.5" components, are you sure the Cruze can accomodate these components in the stock front and rear locations?

The Cruze has stock locations for 6.5" on the front as well as rear. I will just have to find a place to install the rear tweeters. As I dont have access to getting a demo of different components, I wanted to ask the guru's which components do you think will give out clarity as well as bass. Another reason for choosing the Infinity Comps is that a pair is costing about USD 105.

3. In Delhi/NCR region I would talk to Gunbir. He has worked with a MS8 (in fact he worked on the first MS8 install in India - a Tata Nano). Gunbir is a member on TBHP so you can PM him.

I will definately talk to Gunbir. Thanks!

4. If you wiring is well done there is no need for the capacitor.

What wiring do you suggest? Should I get that too from the US or should I get it from Delhi only when I'm getting the install done?

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

I have an update and need a little help deciding further.

I've ordered the following :
  1. JBL MS8
  2. Infinity Kappa Four
  3. Infinity Kappa One
  4. Image Dynamics CTX65CS 6.5" Component System x 2
  5. Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack

I need help deciding what Subs to get?
I have budget left for getting the following :
I have two closed boxes of 1cuft. each with me for 12" Subs.

Please suggest as the price difference between 1 Infinity Sub and 1 ID sub is about 4.5 times!

Also, Please let me know which wiring would be sufficient for the setup at a reasonable price.

I had PM'd Gunbir about the Install but didn't get a reply.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharsethi (Post 2383022)
I need help deciding what Subs to get?
I have budget left for getting the following :
  • IMAGE DYNAMICS IDQ12D4V3 x 1Sub
  • Infinity Ref1262w x 2 Subs

Thanks

IDQ12D4V3 is better any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty9991 (Post 2383081)
IDQ12D4V3 is better any day.

Hi Monty,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to ask if it is enough to replace 2 Infinity or any other subs for that matter?

Thanks

IDQ is more SQ oriented.
If you are looking for an SQ setup then look no further than IDQ in that price bracket.

2 infinity subs will be louder but not a precise and controlled bass like IDQ's.

Hello Everyone,

I finally ordered everything I need.

The list goes like :
  1. JBL MS8
  2. Infinity Kappa Four
  3. Infinity Kappa One
  4. Image Dynamics CTX65CS x 2 Pairs
  5. Image Dynamics IDQ12 D4 V3 Subwoofer
  6. Kicker PKD1 Amp Wiring Kit
  7. Kicker Z121 2 Channel RCA x 3 Sets
  8. Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack

It was a very good experience and I learnt a lot of new things about car audio which I had no knowledge of. I spoke to Gunbir sir about the Install and he will be out of the country when I get the stuff to India, so he suggested to get it installed and he will tune the MS8 for me when I visit Delhi. Thank you Gunbir Sir.

I hope I have everything I need to get a decent audio configuration from the stock Cruze Headunit. I have a Pioneer Center Speaker(TS CX7) which I will be using with the MS8 as well.

I just have to get the stuff here without the Customs people sniffing in it. Any opinions or tricks how to go about that?

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2378830)
Help!

Hello Everyone,

I finally got all the stuff from the US and installed it yesterday as a DIY. The final list of things that went in were :

1) JBL MS8
2) Infinity Kappa Four
3) Infinity Kappe One
4) Image Dynamics CTX65CS x 2 Pairs
5) Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub x 1
6) Pioneer Center Channel
7) Dynamat Extreme in Doors and Boot
8) 0 AWG WIring
9) JL Audio RCA's
10) 14 AWG Speaker Wiring

I installed everything perfectly and checking everything along the way and need a little help. Everything works perfectly, except that there is static in the passenger side tweeter from where I can hear my Seat belt alert/Indicator/Parking sensor alerts. I opened up all the speaker wires and checked them again, but it works fine for a while and then again it starts up.

Another thing was that as I am a complete Newbie in ICE, I tuned the amps to a basic setting and let MS8 do rest of the magic. I spoke to Gunbir about the tuning and hopefully will be meeting him sometime this month for the tuning. But, do you guys recommend anything else that I can do? Everything sounds nice at the time, but the sub is too boomy and the components are too bright. Can anyone help with this?

Ill update pics on this page in a day.

Thanks a lot!

Tushar

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharsethi (Post 2419691)
I installed everything perfectly and checking everything along the way and need a little help. Everything works perfectly, except that there is static in the passenger side tweeter from where I can hear my Seat belt alert/Indicator/Parking sensor alerts.

I tuned the amps to a basic setting and let MS8 do rest of the magic. Everything sounds nice at the time, but the sub is too boomy and the components are too bright. Can anyone help with this?

Check your RCA connections. If the tweeter is producing noises when the indicators are on there mgiht be some leakage.

Tuning teh MS cant be long distance. You need to be there. So taking your car to Gunbir is a good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2420669)
Check your RCA connections. If the tweeter is producing noises when the indicators are on there mgiht be some leakage.

Tuning teh MS cant be long distance. You need to be there. So taking your car to Gunbir is a good idea.

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your help. I checked out the complete wiring today. The noises are coming from the LH Front Channel, both from the speaker and tweeter. That is on Channel 1 on the MS8. I've used Hi-Level Inputs in the MS8 and checked those for the one on channel 1. It does not have any noise. Rest all the channels are working perfectly. I changed the RCA also which connects Channel 1 to the Amplifier and there is still that noise. What do you think can be the reason to this? I've used the same Ground for both the amps and the MS8. Do you think that may cause it?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharsethi (Post 2424325)
I've used Hi-Level Inputs in the MS8 and checked those for the one on channel 1. It does not have any noise.

I did not follow. if you are connecting the HU's RCA outputs to the MS8 then you should be using low level inputs. High level inputs are only when the HU has not RCA out but only speaker level out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2424965)
I did not follow. if you are connecting the HU's RCA outputs to the MS8 then you should be using low level inputs. High level inputs are only when the HU has not RCA out but only speaker level out.

Hi Navin,

I did not connect the RCA's to the MS8. The Cruze headunit does not have RCA out. I used the speaker level inputs in the MS8 and for the outputs I used RCA's to connect to both the amps.

As Gunbir is busy and will be helping me with the tuning of the MS8, Can anyone let me know any good installers in Delhi where I can get the complete setup checked?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharsethi (Post 2425212)
The Cruze headunit does not have RCA out. I used the speaker level inputs in the MS8 and for the outputs I used RCA's to connect to both the amps.

Now I understand.
Check the RCA that goes from MS8 to the front amp that is connected to the errant speaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2426580)
Now I understand.
  • HU speaker out is commected to MS8 high level inputs
  • MS8 RCA out is connected to amps RCA in.

Check the RCA that goes from MS8 to the front amp that is connected to the errant speaker.

Hi Navin,

I've already done that. I switched the rca also of the front left and right speakers and still Channel 1 is giving out the static. Do you think it has something to do with the grounding of the MS8?

Thanks