Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 18:13   #1

HU upgrade for Ikon

It's an Ikon TDCI, in stock condition with respect to sound insulation.

I currently run on OEM Kenwood HU, Polk db401 speakers for front, OEM (Nippon) speakers for rear, JBL S422 Amp and Polk db1240 Sub. I'm looking to change the HU to something better (probably this should've been the first step before installing the amp and other stuff, but this is how it stands now). Ideal unit would be a DVD player (no plans to have video display) with USB, Bluetooth and AUX. It is still worth a consideration if I find a good HU with either DVD/USB + Bluetooth - ofcourse, additional facilities are most welcome.

I prefer a good base, but am occasionally inclined to appreciate the softer nuances of music as well. I haven't exactly ear-marked a budget for this since I am not sure of on-going prices; I'm not planning to spend on a bomb on this anyway

Suggestions are most appreciated.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: HU upgrade for Ikon

Whats your budget, i got mine changed for 5-6K supports USB/Aux/iPod etc and sounds very good. You could look up my ownership report for the details.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:59   #3

Re: HU upgrade for Ikon

Thanks mayankjha1806, 5-6K should be alright; Sony DSX-S100 seems to be a good choice too, especially with that provision to safely keep ipod. I used to have a Sony Xplod series HU in my old Santro earlier; it sounded decent, but the speakers that time were too underpowered to fully utilize it's capabilities.

Would anyone have suggestions from the Pioneer or Blaupunkt stable? I have never used them in my cars anytime recently and wouldn't mind trying them this time. Also, would anyone know if a 2 DIN system can be fitted in Ikon? Please suggest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks