Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 16:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Silver VW Polo CL ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Actually its the other way, 4ga must have been used to draw power from the battery and the other end of it going to a distribution block. Then there will be two 8ga wires given to the amp.
Hi donarun, you must be correct. I don't remember clearly as to what he said., but there you go.. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:24   #17
BHPian

My Suggestions

I can spend about 20-25K for the audio setup. As I'm a newbie in ICE space,
You can get a decent setup for your budget

I've no clue on what I need. A nice pleasing sound, mostly Tamil, a few Hindi and some English songs is what I'd listen to. I'm not much inclined to a 2DIN as a lot of people have suggested me that 1DIN should be better.

I too prefer single din. somehow i was never inclined for it. correct me tbhpians if i am wrong, single din gives much better output than a double din

It'll be great if you can let me know of a few shops where I can get genuine stuff as I read a lot in this forum that plenty of shops in GP road can easily fool customers with fake sets and me being a novice, don't want to risk it!
yes you are correct on that, there are lots of fakes out there and you need to be very careful, i always prefer to go for things with B&W

I spoke to Saravana of Power Zone too and he recommended a Kenwood HU with MTX speakers for my requirement. He quoted around 15-20K for this setup.
Find out the model numbers of the HU and Speakers and do a research to get the correct price and does this include installation as well?

Also, please clarify me on one more thing. I don't want to install the rear speakers in the parcel tray, prefer to put them in the rear doors. Is it possible? Because I spoke to Pitz Stop in T Nagar and he said his installation would only be in the parcel tray.
yes you can, infact i have opted for co axials on the rear door, mainly because i have a sub

Check this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...cessories.html
and speak to Haresh, he is the best person to help you out. Most of the stuff you buy from him comes with bill and one year warranty.

Those are tweeters. i would suggest you go in for a Component setup in the front.

hope this helps.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:35   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions Gokul. I'll check out with Haresh!

And reg Power Zone quote - yes, it includes installation charges too.
Old 31st August 2011, 16:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
I didnt take any pictures during installation, but have managed to get pictures from the install pictures of tbhp members. it was recommended by the installer. it cost me Rs.5000 + Rs.400 (Labour) for the front two doors.

the first picture is of the product, second is from a members install pictures.
Gocool, how much damping was required for the front two doors?
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Gocool, how much damping was required for the front two doors?
they used the entire roll mate., but my opinion you can install the speakers and check if you really need the damping and then install it.
did u put sun film in your polo?? if yes how much it cost and where you got it installed?? am looking to install sun film and also car seat covers. suggest me some shops at a reasonable rate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks