Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 11:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Roof mounted DVD Player and Rear View Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Sure, waiting for the details. I checked out the site, looks promising.
Checked out the rates - typically in the 120USD range for the PT-91CM 9" Widescreen monitor which I think will suit me. Not sure how much will it cost here.
The prices seem reasonable as per some US websites. We can directly buy from ebay india through their Globaleasybuy facility. I'll let you know as soon as possible.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavelva View Post

There is a person based in Chennai who deals in Power Acoustik. I'll check with him and let you know.
Got any information on this? If possible want to install it in the next 2 weeks or so, before going for some trips...
Old 26th July 2011, 17:49   #18
BHPian

Yes the details are available. I'll send the contact info through pm. I talked to him he says that power acoustik are launching LED monitors in the near future.

Check u'r pm
aquavelva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I talked to him he says that power acoustik are launching LED monitors in the near future.
Did you buy this yet? The 9" & 11.2" LCD monitors are LED backlit as per the website.

Got a friend who can bring this from US. I'm confused between 9" (125 USD all incl) & 11.2" (141 USD). Any suggestions?

I need to place the order today or tomorrow from Amazon. I dont want the Innova roof to sag because of a big unit. Also, I'm not sure how the mounting will be done.

Last edited by samm : 23rd August 2011 at 11:00. Reason: Rechecked Power Acoustick site for LED monitor
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy this yet? The 9" & 11.2" LCD monitors are LED backlit as per the website.

Got a friend who can bring this from US. I'm confused between 9" (125 USD all incl) & 11.2" (141 USD). Any suggestions?

I need to place the order today or tomorrow from Amazon. I dont want the Innova roof to sag because of a big unit. Also, I'm not sure how the mounting will be done.
samm: I have decided to get the ICE done from a fellow TBHPian. 11.2" wont sag the roof but it could hinder the driver's rear view.
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
samm: I have decided to get the ICE done from a fellow TBHPian. 11.2" wont sag the roof but it could hinder the driver's rear view.
Is the Roof mounted LCD screen part of the ICE set up and if so what make have you finalized? Do fill in more details about the reverse camera too. Would 11.2" screen be sufficient for the middle and rear seat viewing?

Will be closely following your thread.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is the Roof mounted LCD screen part of the ICE set up and if so what make have you finalized? Do fill in more details about the reverse camera too. Would 11.2" screen be sufficient for the middle and rear seat viewing?

Will be closely following your thread.
ghodlur: The 9" screen itself is enough for comfortable viewing in the vehicle for both the rear rows. I was just checking out the demo of AvaniTV an hour back, on a 9" worldtech screen from a distance of 5' and it was comfortably clear. The car seats will be closer.

Bluevision 10.1" Monitor and the rear view camera is Tview.
aquavelva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 15:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
ghodlur: The 9" screen itself is enough for comfortable viewing in the vehicle for both the rear rows. I was just checking out the demo of AvaniTV an hour back, on a 9" worldtech screen from a distance of 5' and it was comfortably clear. The car seats will be closer.
Thanks a ton! Did you check if the 9" or 11" roof mounts block the rear view mirror? Was it a 16:9 screen that you checked?
I'm still torn between 9" & 11". The price between these is just INR 600/-, but I'm scared if the 11" one will block the rear view mirror. I tried to create a dummy using thermocol with the specs of the LCD, and it appears to creep into the rear view mirror, but not fully blocking it.
I would like to go for 11" if it doesnt block the view fully.

I have a doubt on the distance between the screen position and the last row backrest position (where the eye position will be). I think it will be around 7 ft. If 9" (with 16:9)is good for that, then I'm ok with it. When I calculated the screen size for 9" (16:9 ), it came to 4.4"(h)x7.9"(w). For a 11" screen, the height comes to 5.5". I thought 4.4" is a bit too less? Any thoughts?

Last edited by samm : 24th August 2011 at 15:11.
Old 24th August 2011, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton! Did you check if the 9" or 11" roof mounts block the rear view mirror? Was it a 16:9 screen that you checked?
I'm still torn between 9" & 11". The price between these is just INR 600/-, but I'm scared if the 11" one will block the rear view mirror. I tried to create a dummy using thermocol with the specs of the LCD, and it appears to creep into the rear view mirror, but not fully blocking it.
I would like to go for 11" if it doesnt block the view fully.

I have a doubt on the distance between the screen position and the last row backrest position (where the eye position will be). I think it will be around 7 ft. If 9" (with 16:9)is good for that, then I'm ok with it. When I calculated the screen size for 9" (16:9 ), it came to 4.4"(h)x7.9"(w). For a 11" screen, the height comes to 5.5". I thought 4.4" is a bit too less? Any thoughts?
samm: If the vehicle is self driven then i would suggest the 9" screen as the block in the rear view mirror is minimal. If you are chauffered, then you can take any size that you want. The distance inside the vehicle for both the passenger rows is comfortable for viewing.

Last edited by aquavelva : 24th August 2011 at 16:32.
aquavelva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 12:24   #25
sps
BHPian

Hello Samm
Did you install the roof mount player? If yes, please share details and your experience so far.
I am also planning to buy one. Here in Thiruvananthapuram, the options available are only Voyager and Xenos.

I am little bit concerned on whether keeping one's eyes fixed on a small screen, while the vehicle is travelling over potholed roads of Kerala will cause head ache or any other discomfort. Can anyone share experience on this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by sps : 30th September 2011 at 12:25. Reason: spelling correction
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Hello Samm
Did you install the roof mount player? If yes, please share details and your experience so far.
I am also planning to buy one. Here in Thiruvananthapuram, the options available are only Voyager and Xenos.

I am little bit concerned on whether keeping one's eyes fixed on a small screen, while the vehicle is travelling over potholed roads of Kerala will cause head ache or any other discomfort. Can anyone share experience on this?

Thanks in advance!
Bit too late. I guess you would have already fixed yours! Was hunting around for the LCD monitors. finally had to wait till I got a chance to go to the US in Dec. Got the 9" LCD screen (PT-91CM) from power acoustik. Costed $117. Came to 6300 INR. Got a mechanic from Nandi to fix it, costed 700 bucks (200 more than what I expected), but did a neat job. Also he has good exp with Innova, so thought it was worth.

Screen quality is great. Two video inputs, and also pretty powerful white lights. Mounted it on the roof of first row.

Did a Kerala trip in Dec, so here is the experience - Going over potholed roads causes the screen to vibrate, but no one has complained about any headache or anything yet. The one issue is glare from outside light which changes with car position. This is a bit irritating on the curvy road of ghat sections.

Last edited by samm : 3rd January 2012 at 18:53.
Old 29th May 2012, 09:25   #27

Considering a roof mount player. Already posted in the Must-Have Accessories thread before I discovered this thread. Sorry if qualifies as a duplicate post.

Buying an XUV500. Tempted to put in a roof-mount screen so the kids can watch while in the 2nd or 3rd row. Where in Delhi can I see options? The dealership is obviously enjoying too much of a mark-up.

The XUV has a built in system and screen in front. If it is playing to the rear screen, will the audio come through the main car system?

Also, I'm already worried about the tiny field of vision towards the rear of the car. The wisdom above is that a 9" screen is the max to leave the rear-view unobstructed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks