Team-BHP - Roof mounted DVD Player and Rear View Camera
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Roof mounted DVD Player and Rear View Camera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/103679-roof-mounted-dvd-player-rear-view-camera.html)

I am looking for Roof mounted DVD Player and Rear View Camera for Innova.

Would request for suggestions on the Brands available and repairable in India.

One of my friend in office has put up a Sony system. The screen on the roof can be pulled down and folded up, and the screen on the front serves as a rear view for the driver when reversing. The video/audio quality is good and both rows of seats can watch movie as its a decent size screen. I can get the exact model number from her if you need it.

Thanks Mayankjha1806 : It would be great if you could get the details of the model. Is the front screen on the in-dash head unit or on the dash board ? Please also enquire whether the reverse camera was included with the head unit or is to be separately procured.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquavelva (Post 2410894)
I am looking for Roof mounted DVD Player

This will seriously hamper drivers rear view in IRVM while on road or highway. You can only use ORVM for rear view, which always not comfortable. Instead, you can go for headrest mount two 7" (inches) screens. It also comes with DVD player option.

There are some products available from Xenos (Xenos) and I saw some in Reliance Autozone.

There is brand of US called Concept. This product delivers ultimate quality. CLD is with DVD player, CLS is only screen.

Check the link below:

http://secure.20north.com/Concept-CLD-700-7-Inch-Chameleon-Headrest-/product/?mid=1&pid=B$@!00$@!3152680$@!

There are lot of option. Saw a 9 inch LCD model which costs less than 15k on some auto mag. This IS NOT a review view replacement and I dont think any unit that has a onboard DVD player will do both jobs.

Then there are models ranging from 4500/- which can take input, had memory card support,bluetooth support.

[quote=anujmishra;2411905]This will seriously hamper drivers rear view in IRVM while on road or highway. You can only use ORVM for rear view, which always not comfortable. Instead, you can go for headrest mount two 7" (inches) screens. It also comes with DVD player option.

anujmishra: I want a roof mounted dvd player for the rear and middle row seat passengers. The rear view camera is required for reverse parking. I wanted to know whether a headunit can have an input from camera so that the driver can view the rear view while reversing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquavelva (Post 2411674)
Thanks Mayankjha1806 : It would be great if you could get the details of the model. Is the front screen on the in-dash head unit or on the dash board ? Please also enquire whether the reverse camera was included with the head unit or is to be separately procured.

Regards

I called her up, she said it costed her about 50K for the front in-dash unit. Its a Sony and has a 5 inch screen in the dashboard and she bought seperate monitor for the rear. Will get the model number tomorrow. They have also put rear parking sensor but the system can support rear parking camera.

Quote:

Aqua: Since you have not mentioned about your current setup, and assuming that you dont have one, I would recommend the following

Good DVD Player: 7k-15K (JVC starts from 7K then next cheapest is 11K frm Pioneer)
Roof Mount Screen: 11K Mfd by: Carbon, It has a awesome clarity
Rear View Cam Setup: 7-10K from Xenos
Good Speaker Setup: with Front Comps and Rear Co-axials 10K (Mfd: Boston)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 (Post 2412106)
I called her up, she said it costed her about 50K for the front in-dash unit. Its a Sony and has a 5 inch screen in the dashboard and she bought seperate monitor for the rear. Will get the model number tomorrow. They have also put rear parking sensor but the system can support rear parking camera.

Thanks! The rear parking sensor is available with the dealers as an additional fitment. I require the camera for reverse parking viewable on the in-dash unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2412178)
Aqua: Since you have not mentioned about your current setup, and assuming that you dont have one, I would recommend the following

Good DVD Player: 7k-15K (JVC starts from 7K then next cheapest is 11K frm Pioneer)
Roof Mount Screen: 11K Mfd by: Carbon, It has a awesome clarity
Rear View Cam Setup: 7-10K from Xenos
Good Speaker Setup: with Front Comps and Rear Co-axials 10K (Mfd: Boston)

Your assumption is correct the vehicle does not have current setup.

Thanks for your recommendation. I will check out the products suggested.

Quote:

aquavelva - Did you finalize/buy the unit?

I'm also looking for roof mount LCD monitor. Posted this in ICE Innova thread, got no response.

Found this to have some recent discussions. so putting in some of my findings -
a) Circuit LCD monitor
b) Xenos 8.5" or 11"
c) RD (Dont know what this is, but got a quote of 5.5K from Reliance Autozone Koramangala for 8.5" screen)
d) Carbon 9.2" or 10.4"
e) Necvox 9"

I need help in finalizing the screen size and the model. Prefer to have it in the 7K range. I dont need the media player, but just the screen which is light and thin, with good screen resolution/quality, and decent visibility in third row. Dont want a screen which is too big!

samm - I checked out the roof mounted dvd playes Available in Mumbai. Most of them are cheap chinese imports costing between Rs. 7000/- to Rs. 10000/-

Am not really impressed. I checked out Power Acoustik DVD Players with sizes upto 12" on their website. I am trying to find out a distributor in India. If they have one then I would buy it.

http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2011/...ng-combos.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquavelva (Post 2434536)
samm - I checked out the roof mounted dvd playes Available in Mumbai.

Why dont you have a split unit? a 1-DIN or 2DIN HU, which can be a good one, and just the LCD monitor of a medium brand? Maybe something like Xenos or Carbon might be reasonably ok? I heard Circuit (Taiwan make) is reasonable quality.

I'm typically a component audio lover, so thats why this thought process. Knows only about home audio, not so much about ICE, it will be good to know your thought on going for a single unit (DVD+LCD).

I will check out the PowerAcoustics site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samm (Post 2434563)
Why dont you have a split unit? a 1-DIN or 2DIN HU, which can be a good one, and just the LCD monitor of a medium brand? Maybe something like Xenos or Carbon might be reasonably ok? I heard Circuit (Taiwan make) is reasonable quality.

I wanted to install the roof mounted player for the rear passengers. Power acoustik has HUs with a Rear View Camera interface which i wish to install for driver (myself) Convenience

Quote:

Originally Posted by samm (Post 2434563)
I'm typically a component audio lover, so thats why this thought process. Knows only about home audio, not so much about ICE, it will be good to know your thought on going for a single unit (DVD+LCD).

I will check out the PowerAcoustics site.

There is a person based in Chennai who deals in Power Acoustik. I'll check with him and let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquavelva (Post 2435221)
There is a person based in Chennai who deals in Power Acoustik. I'll check with him and let you know.

Sure, waiting for the details. I checked out the site, looks promising:).
Checked out the rates - typically in the 120USD range for the PT-91CM 9" Widescreen monitor which I think will suit me. Not sure how much will it cost here.