Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 11:34   #1

Need some Advice on my Car Audio

Hi, I need advice regarding my audio set up in my car. I have just bought a Swift. And my budget is 40k. I spoke with few people here in Bangalore and they have suggested me the following:

HU -> Pioneer 5750/6850 (Rs.7400/10500)
Front and back speakers-> Boston/Lighting Audio Component speakers (Rs.5500/7500) x 2
AMP-> Sony-4 Channel (Rs.4500)
Sub Woofer-> Pioneer-800watt (Rs 3000)
Installation-> Rs. 5300

PLEASE tell me which speakers are better Boston or Lighting Audio. (i am told Boston requires drilling a hole in all my doors).
Also PL tell me whether 5750 is good or 6850. People here are asking me to go for 6850 as it has 3 RCA outlets. The Pioneer web site clearly says 5750 also has 3 outlets.
PLEASE let me know which is best configuration within my budget.
Thanks!
Satish
Old 14th February 2006, 11:53   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

With a budget of 40k id sincerely suggest u to look at an alpine HU .. They are more refined/laid back in terms of sound quality .. Navin shall give u further updates with the model numbers ..

As far as the amp is concerned , i think u ought to go for a better amp than the sony 504 .. This amp is the most basic amp in the indian market now and seems to be the weakest link in ur setup .. Look at pioneer 6100 .. Its a decent buy at 7k ..

As far as the speakers and sub are concerned a better thing would be to go in for known brands such as alpine , JBL and blaupunkt .. However , as ur in bangalore i suggest u visit TMC Electronics and check out the speakers from Hertz line-up .. I have felt these to be the next best to alpines , better than blaupunkt , boston , soundstream , LA , RF , MBQ etc ..

Installation charges arent that costly amounting to the 5.3k that u have mentioned unless u have accounted the cabling costs in that too .. At most the installer might charge u 1-1.5k for the install ..

Id recommend this setup personally :
1. alpine hu at 9-10k ..
2. alpine/hertz components for the fronts - 7k ..
3. alpine/hertz coax for the rears - 5k ..
4. pioneer 6100 4 ch-amp - 7k ..
5. wires and install - 4k ..
6. With the money left over u can decide on which sub to go for (arnd 7-9k) ..

Total : 10+7+5+7+4+7(sub+box) = 40k ..

What say navin ????

PS : I also suggest u hear all these speakers before u take a call .. Because its ur ears that need to be pleased , not our recommendations ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th February 2006 at 11:55.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
With a budget of 40k id sincerely suggest u to look at an alpine HU...Navin shall give u further updates with the model numbers

Look at pioneer 6100 .. Its a decent buy at 7k ..

visit TMC Electronics and check out the speakers from Hertz line-up .. I have felt these to be the next best to alpines...

Installation charges arent that costly amounting to the 5.3k that u have mentioned unless u have accounted the cabling costs in that too .. At most the installer might charge u 1-1.5k for the install ..

Id recommend this setup personally :
1. alpine hu at 9-10k ..
2. alpine/hertz components for the fronts - 7k ..
3. alpine/hertz coax for the rears - 5k ..
4. pioneer 6100 4 ch-amp - 7k ..
5. wires and install - 4k ..
6. With the money left over u can decide on which sub to go for (arnd 7-9k) ..

Total : 10+7+5+7+4+7(sub+box) = 40k ....
good job mclaren...

i'll just add my 2 paise worth...

a) Alpine 9847 retails for about 12-14K the 9843 is a bit cheaper at about 10K

b) I'd also check out Infinity and Boston speakers they fall in the same price range as Alpine and Hertz

Given the above this is one option...

Alpine 9847 - 14K
Pioneer 6100 - 7K
Infinity 6510cs components - 7K
Infinity 6012i coax - 5K
RCA Wires - 2K
Install - 1K
--------------
Total - 36K

optional subwoofer and amp
Sony 502 - 3K
JBL 1200T - 6.5K
RCA wire - 2K
-------------
total for sub and amp 11.5K
Old 14th February 2006, 12:33   #4

Thanks a Lot Navin and Mclaren for your response . I will certainly visit TMC electronics to make a choice as per your inputs.

Does installing component speakers involve drilling a hole on my doors. Is that a good thing to do?
Old 14th February 2006, 12:35   #5

Also is it a good idea to have component speakers in the front and the rear?
Old 14th February 2006, 12:36   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

b) I'd also check out Infinity and Boston speakers they fall in the same price range as Alpine and Hertz
Oooppsie .. Yes forgot infinity ... So its alpine,infinity,hertz,boston that he might want to listen and choose from .. Like i said before it would be better to listen to all these brands and then pick from what u feel is the best rather than going by our recommendations ..
Old 14th February 2006, 18:51   #7

PL tell me whether its a good idea to have component speakers at the front and at the rear doors. And not install any coaxial at all...
Old 14th February 2006, 18:57   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishri
PL tell me whether its a good idea to have component speakers at the front and at the rear doors. And not install any coaxial at all...
Well actually i feel there is no need to go in for compos both at the front and the back .. I prefer using compos at the front while sticking to coax at the back .. Because the rears are used as fillers and hence must be barely audible..One must feel the entire sound coming from the front .. However i think navin would suggest to go in for compos all around , it might help gain even tonality .. But i feel its just a waste of money (atleast for me) .. Id say get compos for the front and coax for the rear , there is no harm in having compos both at the front and back however ..
Old 15th February 2006, 00:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well actually i feel there is no need to go in for compos both at the front and the back .. I prefer using compos at the front while sticking to coax at the back .. Because the rears are used as fillers and hence must be barely audible..One must feel the entire sound coming from the front .. However i think navin would suggest to go in for compos all around , it might help gain even tonality .. But i feel its just a waste of money (atleast for me) .. Id say get compos for the front and coax for the rear , there is no harm in having compos both at the front and back however ..
Mcl would be right if 'you' drive. The idea is that the listener gets compos whe re he sits. So if you drive you get compos for frnt and if you get driven, compos at back.

I will opt for compos all around if one has the money. I like those Infinity ones that come in 3 piece pack.
Old 15th February 2006, 08:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

Actually the rear speakers in most cases are tucked onto a parcel shelf or a pod. Only in cases like the Swift are the rear speakers in front of the rear seat passenger.

Given this the rear speaker sound is never direct it usually is indirect via the rear windshield and/or roof and usually very much off axis.

The advantage of components in the back is not only do they do a good job as fillers but teh rear passengers dont feel left out. A system must be looked at in totalilty. If one adds a simple HU + 4 speaker system with the HU costing say 8K and the 4 speakers costing 8K (5K for the front comps and 3K for the rear coax) then adding 3K more for rear comps might be a significant increase in cost but if one is has a a more expensive system with amplifiers, subs, DVD etc... then the 3K difference in rear (components / coax) is not so significant.
Old 15th February 2006, 09:24   #11
BHPian

Speaking of speakers have a look see if you can find infinity speakers found that vocal pretty good. Their components are sweet.
Old 15th February 2006, 09:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

Sure Infinity, Boston, Focal and Alpine all fall into the same price range. One step below are Blaupunkt and JBL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks