Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 02:18   #1
BHPian

JBL tie-up with maruti suzuki

(@mods: I tried searching for this thread, could not find it. If there is one, please merge this or delete it)

Saw an ad in Autocar Mag.
JBL speakers are now available at Maruti showrooms, where they install them 'officially' without voiding warranty.

The ads claim that the speakers are available with maruti approved mounting rings, cables, etc.

the following products were featured:
cs-6c components
GT6-S366
GTO948
CS-4
CS-X696
CS-6

Has anyone bought jbl goods from the showroom ?
are the prices different than in the open market?
do you recommend buying these speakers from maruti?
how much of a diffirence did the make to the stock system?
are there anymore products available than mentioned above ?
Old 6th December 2011, 18:55   #2
BHPian

Re: JBL tie-up with maruti suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
(@mods: I tried searching for this thread, could not find it. If there is one, please merge this or delete it)

JBL speakers are now available at Maruti showrooms, where they install them 'officially' without voiding warranty.

The ads claim that the speakers are available with maruti approved mounting rings, cables, etc.

cs-6c components
GT6-S366
GTO948
CS-4
CS-X696
CS-6

Looks like Bhpians miss this thread
just want to reiterate the question above
has any one done the same or know about this?
Old 6th December 2011, 19:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Looks like Bhpians miss this thread
just want to reiterate the question above
has any one done the same or know about this?
Hi, our friend SAM KAPASI must give his comments, views,feedback in this matter.
He will give us actual truth behind this link.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:54   #4
BHPian

Answers in Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post

cs-6c components
GT6-S366
GTO948
CS-4
CS-X696
CS-6

A bit on the higher side
Why Not ! If your are ready to spend a few extra bucks for the peace of mind (Warranty does not get void even if you get them installed aftermarket properly using couplers)
Stock Speakers being offered by Maruti are crap , The JBL's definitely make some desirable difference !
Alpine also tied up with Maruti for Integrated Head Units.You can get one of those also for the OE look.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes.. it is true indeed! JBL has tied up with Maruti Suzuki and Honda as well. The products are identical and command a premium with the dealer..
Old 8th December 2011, 12:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
The products are identical and command a premium with the dealer..
Just like Sony Xplod, which also command a premium with MGA. But I still fitted them at MGA to avoid any electrical warranty issues.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Just like Sony Xplod, which also command a premium with MGA. But I still fitted them at MGA to avoid any electrical warranty issues.
They command a premium for our ignorance/ fear that the warranty would get void. As someone earlier pointed out, there are no warranty issues if we use proper couplers!
Old 8th December 2011, 13:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

I know! I just did not want to give them any loop-hole to wriggle out of! Same reason why I fitted windscreen sunfilm with them recently, though it is cheaper outside.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Same reason why I fitted windscreen sunfilm with them recently, though it is cheaper outside.
No offence meant , but how does putting up the windscreen sunfilm at the dealership , helps with warranty issues .

On Topic : Yes the dealers / companies are turning global as well and have been enagaging most selling brands ( though at a premium ) . Anyways this seems to be good for somebody who just needs everything ready at a single place . As already stated , its high time dealers should stop giving stupid excuses of warranty being void etc with external installations .
Old 8th December 2011, 13:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
No offence meant , but how does putting up the windscreen sunfilm at the dealership , helps with warranty issues .
Have a look at this:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...hbC5jFKkCKDaDA

ends!
Old 19th December 2011, 13:33   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, our friend SAM KAPASI must give his comments, views,feedback in this matter.
He will give us actual truth behind this link.
Sorry if I missed this post.

Yes, indeed JBL has a tie-up with maruti and supplies speakers for sale at Maruti showrooms.
These are models chosen in association with Engineers from maruti, they MUST pass Maruti's strict quality control and come with accessories especially designed to fit in a Maruti vehicle without voiding any warranty on the vehicle.

A simple example is the fitment of 6.5" speakers in Ritz (and similar vehicles) - most aftermarket dealers will fit a cheap wooden/MDF spacer ring and drill holes in the body of the car. Take the door inner cover off and you will see what I mean.
The JBL specific products however come with an ABS moulded ring designed to fit properly into the provided slot.
In addition the speakers come with female wire connectors designed to clip into the provided connectors of the door.

They are not more expensive than non-maruti products, they are at similar prices, HOWEVER - the aftermarket/independent car accessory dealers tend to offer more discount than showrooms (as a result of competition), hence you may find a difference in the market operating prices.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th December 2011 at 13:35.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 19:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sorry if I missed this post.

Yes, indeed JBL has a tie-up with maruti and supplies speakers for sale at Maruti showrooms.
These are models chosen in association with Engineers from maruti, they MUST pass Maruti's strict quality control and come with accessories especially designed to fit in a Maruti vehicle without voiding any warranty on the vehicle.

A simple example is the fitment of 6.5" speakers in Ritz (and similar vehicles) - most aftermarket dealers will fit a cheap wooden/MDF spacer ring and drill holes in the body of the car. Take the door inner cover off and you will see what I mean.
The JBL specific products however come with an ABS moulded ring designed to fit properly into the provided slot.
In addition the speakers come with female wire connectors designed to clip into the provided connectors of the door.

They are not more expensive than non-maruti products, they are at similar prices, HOWEVER - the aftermarket/independent car accessory dealers tend to offer more discount than showrooms (as a result of competition), hence you may find a difference in the market operating prices.
Hi sam, it's been ages since you may be surfing on the Team bhp.
Sorry for this remark if it offended you dear.
JBL systems fixed in maruti cars are mostly BASIC MODELS.IF I am not wrong.
They fixed a JBL system in my K10 ,free of cost as a comlimentry gift.
The cost of that system was about 2900/- in open market.
Old 30th December 2011, 14:11   #13
BANNED

@Sam Kapasi

Is it ok if I buy the speaker I intend to install in my Ritz and give it to maruti only for installation since it wont void the warranty.

Is such thing possible? I have a feeling that they may not agree but will give it a try and check.

Thinking to install components in the front and co-ax at rear on the parcel tray.

How do you rate GTO 609C?

I have a Sony HU and intend to change only the speakers. Budget is 10K. No amps or subs.

what do you recommend JBL's or Kenwood? Can you help me with this!
Old 30th December 2011, 14:42   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Alpine also tied up with Maruti for Integrated Head Units.You can get one of those also for the OE look.
Had seen the Swift / Dzire OEM type HUs from Alpine in the showroom. Are these available ONLY as accessories or does it indeed come in the top end variants? Any idea how does these sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How do you rate GTO 609C?

I have a Sony HU and intend to change only the speakers. Budget is 10K. No amps or subs.

what do you recommend JBL's or Kenwood? Can you help me with this!
I pick JBL over Kenwood any day. If you go to any good after market ICE installer, I doubt you will hear about Kenwood speakers at all. The first option you will get for a basic ICE will be GTO 609c from them! But component speakers like 609c sound better with amps since you have a Sony HU. If you buy from grey market, you could very well fit a pair of 609c for ~4000/- [With bill & warranty it should cost around 6500/- I guess] and a 4 channel amp [~4000/- ]. If you plan to add rear speakers or sub woofer later, the 4 channel would help. Else you could try a 2 channel amp for driving the front components alone.

Edit:: You could try national market for grey items - I bought mine from there and have been flawless for the last 3 years. With bill & warranty you get just 1 year warranty for almost double the price. Will provide you a good & reasonable guy's number [from national market] if you are interested

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th December 2011 at 14:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks