Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 21:13   #16
BHPian

Re: OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"

Cool writeup. HU looks good in your Cruze. Congratulations and wish you have a blast

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 13th September 2011, 18:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi lawyer,

The 2nd last photo seems to be of a microphone near the driver door's top side? Were there any installation issues for that? I am looking for a similar system for my Fortuner. Also can you clarify the photo quality of the reverse cam vision as it does not seem very clear in the photo you have posted.

Thanks...
Old 14th September 2011, 13:51   #18
BANNED

Toyota Series (Fortuner / Etios / Innova)

Maybe this can help you..
Old 14th September 2011, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdabba View Post
Of course, I had already seen that on their site. What I was asking was for real life experience of a TBhp member regarding this product's quality.

-------------

Anyways, I have spoken directly to Mr. Prateek who seems to be one of the owners in Mega Audio and he has most graciously obliged to give me a complete demo of this unit personally on Sunday, 18/09 at Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, especially for TBhp members. Will keep all posted about the results with photos of the unit.

Some of the points he highlighted-
- Tuner is RDS enabled
- Separate output to attach sub-woofer
- 10 band professional quality amplifier and sound output
- Fonts used are high quality
- Bluetooth can store phone book and stream music through A2DP profile enabled devices/phones
- Original Steering Controls work

Though he said the MRP was around 40K, I will try to get a special deal from him for TBhp members for any of his Car OE HU models (which are quite a few btw).

Some of the photos of the user interface that he has emailed me are attached, which seems to better than the normal chinese junk that we see -

OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"-1.jpg

OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"-3.jpg

OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"-5.jpg

OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"-6.jpg

OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"-7.jpg

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 4459
Size:  132.8 KB

Last edited by dkaile : 14th September 2011 at 18:07.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 22:06   #20
BHPian

Hi,
Congrats on a new setup. Just wanted to know your feedback on the audio quality. Is there a marked difference in the audio quality as well? Are you planning to install new speakers/amps etc? Is this system good enough to handle extended ICE enhancements?
Kindly let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer View Post
Dear Friends,
I am a proud owner of wonder machine called “Cruze”. Ever since I bought it, I wanted to get an in dash-navigation system with reverse camera support with touchscreen but of course without compromising on my warranty.
I tried several brands like Caska, Motevo etc. who claimed to provide OE Replacement. But upon in-depth inquiry, I came to know that the DVD player will come on the top of dash board i.e. within the place provided for nick-knacks just under the front windshield. Hence, it could not be called OE Replacement system.
Few days back, while driving back home, I saw a black Cruze-AT going ahead of me and when I overtook it the large display of vivid colours greeted me from inside the car. It was so lively & big that I immediately fell in love. (Love at first sight you know).
On the next Red light I waived towards the gentleman driving the car and went upto him and asked for his phone number disclosing my intentions to bother him about the screen. He very obligingly gave me his card.
Lateron in the night, I called the Gentleman (Mr. Tyagi) who came out to be very nice and learned man and he told me that he got removed the earlier installation (Caska) after three days of dissatisfied use and then got this one from ‘Mega Audio’ installed from the Chevvy dealership in Faridabad (Regent Automobiles).
I contacted the dealership and the company guy Mr. Prabhat and fixed the time of installation. Mr. Alam of Regent told me that it will take about two hours to install eh system and assured that my warranty etc. shall remain intact and that there will be no wire cutting etc.
Being an avide reader of Team Bhp Forum especially threads relating to ‘Cruze ownership reviews’ of ‘Mobike008’ and ‘a.sundaram’ I tried to search the brand name of ‘Mega Audio’ but found it to be virtually unheard/non-existent (In fact this is the reason why I am writing this post in so much of detail). This made me jittery but I decided to go for it mainly because I had seen it working in Mr. Tyagi’s car, who himself was quite knowledgeable about cars.
On the appointed day I went to the dealership and got installed the system in my presence and only then I got to know that (as other vendors were not able to satisfy me as to exactly what portion of the music system is going to be replaced) only the CD Player portion of the Double DIN music system was to be replaced with a DVD player (with pre-amp) and rest of the system remained there including the power amplifier. The screen fitted by them appeared as if it always there. Mr. Alam told me that it was the first time that he was installing the system in an LT model. I came back home enjoying the navigation system but was not sure of most of the features.
After two days, I had to go back with a long list of queries and found Mr. Prabhat waiting for me who in the most efficient manner explained all my questions.
Now after a little bit of fiddling, I am quite comfortable with the system and found it to be a must for my Cruze. It has not enhanced but has taken the cockpit appearance of the car to very high levels. The comfort provided by the reverse camera, Bluetooth system (which has rendered my earlier Nokia Bluetooth earplug useless), Automatic day/night appearance of the navigation system, USB connectivity with choice of backgrounds, inbuilt memory, ultra-sensitive touch screen and the best part is the Chevvy logo in standby mode.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lawyer,

Congrats on your new machine! As dkaile pointed out, it would be helpful if you could suggest a review from the perspective of a bhpian, i.e. build quality, sound quality especially when you compare with the regular brands such as pioneer, alpine, kenwood etc. Which is the DAC used? Which is the parent company?

Also, how reliable is the gps? Does it have voice assist?

regards,

Nitin
Old 7th October 2011, 15:47   #22

Dear i_nv,
So far as the Audio Quality is concerned, there is no difference at all, it is all the same. In fact I did not want any change because I was quite satisfied with the quality of OE System.

Now I AM thinking about getting enhancements and exploring the possibilities suggested by some of the Bhpians in their threads. I don’t think there should be any problem of compatibility with those since in any case I am only going to get Power Amp and speakers etc. added to the existing one.

Dear Nitinbose, I would say the build quality is as good as any other system of a good brand. I have yet not come across any problem relating to the build quality. So far as the sound quality is concerned I have already explained it remains the same as was in the original.
You will appreciate that all these brands, mentioned by you, are made in China so is Mega Audio. I do not know the parent company or the actual manufacturer nor did I bother to enquire about it but I am quite satisfied rather more than satisfied as I think I have got value for the money spent.
GPS system, as I explained in the original post, was supplied by Map My India and I have found it to be correct and up to date. Even small dead end roads are shown in the map.
The voice assist is there but I had to deactivate it because it used to interrupt the music system (radio/Cd etc.) while approaching turn, crossing-signal etc.
Old 25th October 2011, 01:31   #23
BHPian

Sorry to bring this thread out of the dead, but I just wanted to ask lawyer, if you've had any issues with your Chevrolet Dealership, regarding your warranty after this.

Also, dkaile has posted images of the Menu System, quite different from what's in your pictures. Any reason for that?.. New software came out after you bought the system?
Old 27th October 2011, 13:32   #24

No Aditya, so far I've not had any issues with the dealership and I did show it to my original dealer from where i get the car serviced at those short intervals of 5k. In fact that was my main concern i.e. not to temper with the warranty since I got it installed from Chevvy dealer and has their bill also, I don't think there should be any problem.

There can be two reasons for the change of images, one is that it belongs to a different car's system (Toyota fortuner) hence, the entire setup/interface is different. The better image quality can be attributed to the fact that these are original photographs sent via e-mail by the owner.

So far as the reverse camera image is concerned, it has improved considerably now and shows the happenings at the back in vivid colours and contrast. Thanks to my fiddling with the picture quality control in DVD Setup.
Old 31st October 2011, 15:42   #25
BHPian

Just one more question?.. How many pre-outs does the Mega Audio unit have?

Eg. If I want to attach a Amp to it for a sub.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Just one more question?.. How many pre-outs does the Mega Audio unit have?

Eg. If I want to attach a Amp to it for a sub.
Yes, its possible to attach a sub to the MA HU
Old 31st October 2011, 16:18   #27
BHPian

Does it have 3 Pre-outs or just the usual 2?..

I want rear + front + amp.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Does it have 3 Pre-outs or just the usual 2?..

I want rear + front + amp.
You can call up Prateek on 09810369888, 09868426356 email: info@megaaudio.co.uk and inquire
Old 31st October 2011, 16:40   #29
BHPian

^^ Thanks. Will do that right away .
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:43   #30
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

-------------

Anyways, I have spoken directly to Mr. Prateek who seems to be one of the owners in Mega Audio and he has most graciously obliged to give me a complete demo of this unit personally on Sunday, 18/09 at Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, especially for TBhp members. Will keep all posted about the results with photos of the unit.
Hello dkaile, did you see the demo and got the system installed in your Toyota Fortuner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks