Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 13:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza - ICE'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Having upgraded the stock speakers ONLY in my Vista VX (I presume the HU is the same as Manza), I can say it does make a difference. My upgrade was constrained a bit as Vista could accommodate only 5" speakers. I went with JBL 5" coaxials for lack of options in 5" components, or do we have any?. If Manza has 6" slots, you could go for components in the front and coaxials in the back. This may up the quality to around 80%, you should do this first and then take a call on the HU based on your listening preferences.
Hey buddy. I too have bought a Vista VX. Need to discuss about the HU setup changes. I am also in Hyderabad. Could you PM me your contact.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hey buddy. I too have bought a Vista VX. Need to discuss about the HU setup changes. I am also in Hyderabad. Could you PM me your contact.
Noob here :-) Pls PM me your contacts and I will get in touch.
Old 6th December 2011, 18:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare
... you should do this first and then take a call on the HU based on your listening preferences.
For me to change the head unit it would have to be compatible with the steering mounted controls. Have got so used to them.
But am pretty much satisfied with the Hu.
With regard to the amp, there are a lot of amps that take a high level input so would not really need a converter. Still searching for them. Will look at other amps only if my options work out to be expensive.
Old 28th August 2012, 01:09   #19
BHPian

Hi i am actually planning to upgrade to better quality music experience for my Manza. I am currently using the company fiitted stuffs without any upgradation. Please tell me whether adding front speakers and tweeters will suffice or the whole head unit is a better option. Also suggest the best brands with approx price.
Old 28th August 2012, 10:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi i am actually planning to upgrade to better quality music experience for my Manza. I am currently using the company fiitted stuffs without any upgradation. Please tell me whether adding front speakers and tweeters will suffice or the whole head unit is a better option. Also suggest the best brands with approx price.
It all depends on your budget. You can scrap the speakers, HU and go for a completely new ICE for the best sound quality. However, you can try the incremental upgrades step by step (if you are not satisfied with the output).

1) Upgrade the front components alone with hertz DSK165 or JBL 265c or Helix blue

2) add an 4 channel amp that can take high level inputs like Hertz HE4 or Focal Solid 4 or Blau Velocity.

3) Then add a mid bass or a 3 way at the rear with front comps and the rear being powered of the amp or alternatively,

4) Add a sub and power the sub and the front comps from the amp and leave the rear coax as is.

5) Still not satisfied - replace the HU with the PAC converter to retain the steering control.

I did #4 and was reasonably satisfied and moved the same (comps, sub and amps) to my new Swift.
Old 9th December 2012, 23:30   #21
BHPian

I am very happy with the above reply but believe me for a person like me who is very much ignorant all these things become difficult to understand. I want to retain the Music system ie.., the head unit. Also the rear speakers are quiet ok .Now if i have to improve the quality and clarity of sound, should i just insert speakers on the front doors or is there anything else to be done including replacement of rear speakers with a better quality one.

Last edited by rki2007 : 9th December 2012 at 23:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks