Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 14:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City - If you aren't ICE, you can't ICE

Congrats on the setup, neatly done, I also just gave my car to Dr. Evo for the ICE, could not stand looking at them pulling out things in the new car so came back
Old 17th September 2011, 11:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
I guess thats a quote error Navin! you might want to edit that post
I checked. I quoted your post. Now I am confused. What is the error?

I just wanted to know what sort of energy these lights consume. Electrical energy is measured in watts (be it for sound or light).
Old 17th September 2011, 20:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I checked. I quoted your post. Now I am confused. What is the error?
I guess its my confusion of understanding. I am assuming now that you quoted me cause i mentioned light effects, and i thought your question is directed towards me so I thought you misquoted as I would not know about the energy consumption.

Quote:
I just wanted to know what sort of energy these lights consume. Electrical energy is measured in watts (be it for sound or light).
Now this will be best answered by Arup, as this is something even i would want to know. Wouldn't a capacitor be ideal in such situations.
Old 18th September 2011, 01:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess its my confusion of understanding. I am assuming now that you quoted me cause i mentioned light effects, and i thought your question is directed towards me so I thought you misquoted as I would not know about the energy consumption.

Now this will be best answered by Arup, as this is something even i would want to know. Wouldn't a capacitor be ideal in such situations.
Don't require to install a cap
Old 18th September 2011, 02:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Don't require to install a cap
So the stock battery can pull up this load? wont it need more energy? all the lights and the amps??
Old 18th September 2011, 10:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the stock battery can pull up this load? wont it need more energy? all the lights and the amps??
Once the boot is closed all the lights get disabled,yes stock battery is 38A which comes in ANHC Am-pier load to the car audio wont exceed more than 6A,so even if you keep the car in stationery mode and play the music loud the battery will last long approx. for an hour
ramie2400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 22:42   #22
BHPian

ramie the neons are exactly like the ones in your getz which i saw at popular. is one of the best installs i have seen.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A capacitor isn't a substitute for a battery. The load on the battery remains the same whether or not you have any capacitors or not.

Quote:
stock battery is 38A which comes in ANHC Am-pier load to the car audio wont exceed more than 6A,so even if you keep the car in stationery mode and play the music loud the battery will last long approx. for an hour
6A draw for all that gear? Highly unlikely, ramie.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
stock battery is 38A which comes in ANHC Am-pier load to the car audio wont exceed more than 6A
You must mean 60A. Right?
Old 19th September 2011, 21:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
A capacitor isn't a substitute for a battery. The load on the battery remains the same whether or not you have any capacitors or not.

6A draw for all that gear? Highly unlikely, ramie.
Quote:
You must mean 60A. Right?
These days doing a little RnD in getting deeper into alternator and electrical voltage of different cars installed with different audio equipments for building up my SPL setup.Ive figured out some results on this one 6A x 20H = 120AH @13.7v continuous load without any sound dropping or cut-off/clipping with almost 60-65% tuning on the amplifier.Again i may be wrong also as i am still struggling eachday to get into it
Old 20th September 2011, 10:33   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ive figured out some results on this one 6A x 20H = 120AH @13.7v continuous load without any sound dropping or cut-off/clipping with almost 60-65% tuning on the amplifier.Again i may be wrong also as i am still struggling eachday to get into it
You mean to say you tested this system for 20 hours without the engine?

The way I see it is , if you have 2-3 amps delivering say 1000W to a set of subs and speakers you will drawing about 75A (1000/13.5) thankfully music is not a continous tone so the avreage current draw is about half of what we'd theorically get which is about 35A. This is well within the range of most alternators so as long as the alternator can charge the battery (and the battery is healthy enough to accept this charge) fastter than the lights and sounds can dischrage the battery we are ok.

Think of the battery as a rather big cap. In comparision a 1F cap will only buy you a few hundred miliseconds of power.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean to say you tested this system for 20 hours without the engine?

The way I see it is , if you have 2-3 amps delivering say 1000W to a set of subs and speakers you will drawing about 75A (1000/13.5) thankfully music is not a continuous tone so the average current draw is about half of what we'd theorically get which is about 35A. This is well within the range of most alternators so as long as the alternator can charge the battery (and the battery is healthy enough to accept this charge) fastter than the lights and sounds can discharge the battery we are ok.

Think of the battery as a rather big cap. In comparision a 1F cap will only buy you a few hundred miliseconds of power.
Whoa.True!! thanks navin sir will look into more details,I tested for about half n hour continuous during the built at nominal volume then assumed x 20H how much load can be taken,that 20H test i would like to do on my car before i replace my battery
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:22   #28
BHPian

Please upload a video of how the setup sounds if possible, will get plenty of hits i am sure !
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Please upload a video of how the setup sounds if possible, will get plenty of hits i am sure !
How can you know the sound without sitting in his car? Sound from the video will be finally coming from your computer speaker. But video will be good to understand his setup.
Old 26th September 2011, 00:13   #30
BHPian

Hey Arup,

What is that Orange material used to seal the Doors & also on the back of the Rear Seat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks