Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 21:38   #1
BHPian

Need help deciphering old Nakamichi speakers

My brother has just handed me down some old Nakamichi car speakers. I cannot see any model number on them but there is a sticker on them which says the following:

Nakamichi S403 01550 (Front speakers)

Nakamichi S404 02127 (Rear speakers)

I have a few queries related to these speakers:

1. Are these speakers are any good? I could net get anything using the above details on Google or TBHP.

2. Can they be used on a Hyundai I20 Asta Sun Roof Petrol model?

3. Will I need a amplifier/woofer/bass tube etc to run them properly on the Hyundai I20?

4. Can the whole setup be done without changing the OEM Head Unit of the I20?

Please do advise. Thanks. I don't want to keep these speakers if I can't use them.
Old 28th October 2011, 13:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need help deciphering old Nakamichi speakers

I suspect these speakers are either fake or were produced using the Nakamichi name when it no longer carried it's weight. Nakamichi was never known for great speakers. Their forte was Tape decks and a few very good car HUs (both in the cassette era and CD era).

Before using these speakers, I would examine these speakers as I seem to recollect that they had a foam surround that might have deteriorated over the years.

You can however use the OEM HU and there is no need for an amplifier if you are not expecting to drive the speakers hard (loud).

Lastly I do not know what size of speakers will fit the Hyundai i20, for this it would be better to consult a car audio dealer who has expereince with the i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks