Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 11:14   #46
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

I would like to upgrade the speakers to Rainbow DL c6.2 for all doors without any Amp. Will that improve the sound performance? Can the HU drive the C6.2s well? I m not too bother at SPL, need a rich and neutral sound.

Another query is, will it affect my vehicle warranty if I replace the speakers without tampering the wiring?
-HCP
Old 15th June 2012, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I would like to upgrade the speakers to Rainbow DL c6.2 for all doors ...
You could. Good choice of speakers.

No, replacing the speakers should not void warranty, just like replacing headlight or any other light bulb wouldn't.
Old 2nd July 2012, 01:07   #48
BHPian

Replaced front speakers with Rainbow DL-C6.2 and rear with Hybrid Audio Imagine 161-2 co-axials. The sound is much better and details improved to a great extend. Expecially the Coax are producing some very detail sound that rainbow at front couldn't really highlight.

One issue I noticed is the left channel output is audibly weaker than right channels. Tried with different sources, CDs etc, results are always same. This issue was there before the speakers were replaced, seems to be a problem with HU. Can someone confirm this on your car by sliding left / right control under sound sub menu?
Old 5th July 2012, 15:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Here goes the entire configuration -

Front - Focal Polyglass 165 VB Comps
Rear - Focal Polyglass 165 VB Comps (I can see some eyebros getting raised..
Amp - Focal Solid 4 Black
Damping - Focal BAM XL 1 Kit - All four doors damped (60%)
Hilo Converter - Rockford Fosgate - 2 Nos
Scosche Wiring Kit
Rockford Fosgate RCA Cord
finally, I am getting the ICE upgrade done. Could you please let me know where you placed the rear tweaters? A picture could save you few lines of typing :-)
Old 5th July 2012, 21:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
finally, I am getting the ICE upgrade done. Could you please let me know where you placed the rear tweaters? A picture could save you few lines of typing :-)
I am really sorry for not being able to post the details including photo and video earlier. Some things at work and on personal front just kept me busy.

I've finally written all my experience and shared it here - My XUV 500 Upgrade

Hope you find it useful. Let me know if you have any specific question or I have missed to provide something important.
DigitalSoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 11:01   #51
BHPian

I upgraded my ICE last week end.

Post the upgrade, my Airbag light grows continuously. The guy who did the upgrade tells me that XUV's battery should not be disconnected for any reason & they had to disconnect the battery to install amp/speakers and hence the light glowing. Is this the case?

Here is my config:

Door damping with Dynamat extreme
Diamond Audio D3 Components for front
Diamond Audio D3 Coaxials for rear
Diamond Audio D300.4 Amp

** Left the monoblock Amp/Sub for later upgrade

Sounds just perfect..
Old 9th July 2012, 17:06   #52
SDK
BHPian

@sheelapratosh, where did you do the installation ?
Can you give a breakup of the cost.
Old 29th July 2012, 14:06   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
@sheelapratosh, where did you do the installation ?
Can you give a breakup of the cost.
Sorry for the delay..

Satya@EVO Bangalore. I see that you are from Hyderabad.. May not be be use to you.. Costed me around 50+. Remember, I am yet to fix a Sub and the monoblock amp.
Old 10th August 2012, 20:12   #54
BHPian

Is there anyone fixed display on front seat headrest from M&M? I am planning to fix this for my kid to enjoy his cartoons. Will it play video while car running unlike the front main display? What was the cost? Any info would be highly appreciated.

-HCP
Old 11th August 2012, 00:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyone fixed display on front seat headrest from M&M? I am planning to fix this for my kid to enjoy his cartoons. Will it play video while car running unlike the front main display? What was the cost? Any info would be highly appreciated.

-HCP
I dont think XUV infotainment system has a video "out" to connect external screens.

There are 2 options, but a Portable DVD Player for 5-6k OR fit a roof mounted DVD Player+Screen.

Well, to play videos while the car is running, you need to "short" the wire connected to the hand brake. This will void warranty.
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 00:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I dont think XUV infotainment system has a video "out" to connect external screens.

There are 2 options, but a Portable DVD Player for 5-6k OR fit a roof mounted DVD Player+Screen.

Well, to play videos while the car is running, you need to "short" the wire connected to the hand brake. This will void warranty.
scopriobharath,
It is possible to connect headrest screens in XUV (2 nos). I am talking about the 9 inches Front seat head rest screens supplied by M&M itself (Genuine M&M accessories). I also confirmed with the dealership that while running this display screen will not be blocked so it fits my requirement. They just replace the current headrests with another set having display built in, and plug in the wirings. So no cutting is required.

By the way, XUV movie blocking is not hard wired , but speed sensitive through CAN bus. So shorting of wire will not work with XUV.

What I wanted though was some feedback from users of this product. Currently my dealer quoting around 20K for it.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 11th August 2012 at 00:51.
Old 11th August 2012, 01:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I wanted though was some feedback from users of this product. Currently my dealer quoting around 20K for it.

-HCP
The only option in that case is to go with the dealer. If fit from outside, the company might deny you warranty stating some silly reason.

It is liable for the dealer to do a standard installation without splicing wires.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 06:42   #58
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

-HCP
Even I had thought about this option. I was exploring a 7 to 10 inch roof mounted screen or a headrest-embedded screen. In my opinion, headrest-embedded screen is going to be quite small (7 inch or smaller) and with the generous space in the middle row, the small screen might feel even more inadequate. With the amount of electronic complexities already present in the XUV, not sure if I want to add more to it (and create issues with reliability/warranty).

My final conclusion has been, I would buy a 3G tablet -most likely an iPad- when I can afford one. Would be portable, would provide internet connectivity when needed, would provide games and would be of significantly better quality than most of the stuff that we can buy from the car-accessories shop.

Last edited by SDP : 11th August 2012 at 06:46.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 10:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
My final conclusion has been, I would buy a 3G tablet -most likely an iPad- when I can afford one. Would be portable, would provide internet connectivity when needed, would provide games and would be of significantly better quality than most of the stuff that we can buy from the car-accessories shop.
This is an idea i thought about too. But on long distance travel, it will be really painful to hold the tab and sit. Headrest display would be easy for elders.

As far as I heard from the accessories guy in my dealership, the units are just plug and play (possibly from Nippon itself, need to confirm).

BTW, for tab option, there is a new device from MicroMax funbook pro. it is 10.1 inches with 1024X600 capacitive touch screen. The main highlight is its price 9999 RS. If your usage is just watch movies and play games that would be aa good alternative i believe. iPad is 4 times costlier though its display quality cannot be matched.
-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 11th August 2012 at 10:19.
Old 12th August 2012, 09:24   #60
BHPian

I checked the details of head rest screens and it is not a simple setup as i thought. The one's M&M calling as Genuine accessory is a standalone 7 inches unit having its own DVD tray beneath the screen and a USB port for USB devices. The audio is transferred through FM transmitter to the main head unit. Power will be taken from tapping some wires around B pillar. Price including both screens would be around 15K.

And the build quality of the unit is on the down side by looking at the pictures. I don’t think I will go in for this option.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 12th August 2012 at 09:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks