Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 10:52   #241

Re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
Hello fellow bhpians

Its been very long since i have posted on the forum.

I have 2016 mar XUV W10 and was updated with android auto suite in aug 2016. However, recently mahindra updated scorpio to apple carplay but no update for new age xuv W10.

Would anybody please guide if there is a possibility of upgrading new age xuv w10 with apple car play?

Cheers

It's sad to see that the guys over at Mahindra do not want to give out an Apple Car Play update to any other variant except the 2018 W11. While my MY17 W6 AT has Android Auto, it's of no use because nobody in my house uses an Android and when I took my car to the service center here in Mumbai, my SA told me that the feature is available only in W11 which i found to be absurd.

I on the other hand might just find a mount big enough to place my iPad Mini and connect that to the bluetooth. A bit of a challenge but an improv atleast
rishabh.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 15:56   #242
BHPian

ICE Head unit replacement

Hello Bhp-ians,

Is it possible to replace the touchscreen unit of an XUV 500? I like the current one, but would like it to have wireless Apple CarPlay. Has anyone done such a mod job before and is it even possible to fit an after-market unit which maintains the existing functionality but just adds wireless CarPlay?

Thank you.
Old 28th January 2022, 11:13   #243
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500

I have a XUV500 W6, 2013 model which has a black and white non-touch screen infotainment unit, now after nearly 9 years of ownership looks like the head unit has given up.
The display is still comes on, but I can no more play any audio on it, neither the infotainment unit buttons are working. The screen remain just frozen , i can't even it off and restart by long pressing pressing the volume knob.

So my question to fellow XUV500 owners is have you faced such issues and do you know if Mahindra still manufactures this old head unit so that i can replace it in service center?
If so how much does it cost. I'm aware that some owners also had replaced the silver box under warranty.

Also suggest if anyone has done a proper upgrade itself to the system itself in Bangalore and guide me on this topic.
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:49   #244
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I have a XUV500 W6, 2013 model which has a black and white non-touch screen infotainment unit, now after nearly 9 years of ownership looks like the head unit has given up.
The display is still comes on, but I can no more play any audio on it, neither the infotainment unit buttons are working. The screen remain just frozen , i can't even it off and restart by long pressing pressing the volume knob.

So my question to fellow XUV500 owners is have you faced such issues and do you know if Mahindra still manufactures this old head unit so that i can replace it in service center?
If so how much does it cost. I'm aware that some owners also had replaced the silver box under warranty.

Also suggest if anyone has done a proper upgrade itself to the system itself in Bangalore and guide me on this topic.
You could try this from Evo Satya -

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 3rd March 2022 at 13:53. Reason: Wrong link
AvinashKeezh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks