Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Doc, if you say the ID subs sound better than Infinity 1040 I am going to look at them serious. GUNBIR! WHERE R U?

Damn when are those Delhi boys coming to Mumbai. I am building a fiber box like shown below in my RS. Box volume will be known after build but should be 20-30 liters.
Hi Navinji... its true... We put my iDQ (.85 cuft enclosure) sub into RSJs car and well...

The iDQ subs walk all over whatever comes in their way. Honestly, we have never heard more musical, accurate, linear subs than the iDQ. The best part about the iDQ is that they can put out great SQ at any SPL. AND they help clean up the front soundstage and integrate very well.

Hmmm... I'm rambling now... cant completely describe them... at a loss of words.
Old 8th March 2006, 15:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

0.85 cu. ft. ok so that is my target Vb. thanks.
Old 8th March 2006, 19:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
0.85 cu. ft. ok so that is my target Vb. thanks.
Can you post the pictures of your fibre enclosure.
Old 8th March 2006, 19:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hi Navinji... its true... We put my iDQ (.85 cuft enclosure) sub into RSJs car and well...

The iDQ subs walk all over whatever comes in their way. Honestly, we have never heard more musical, accurate, linear subs than the iDQ. The best part about the iDQ is that they can put out great SQ at any SPL. AND they help clean up the front soundstage and integrate very well.

Hmmm... I'm rambling now... cant completely describe them... at a loss of words.

yeah gunbir.............sound was just amazing.

My subw box's volume is around 0.70 cu f but why its quite small as compared to ur subw box ???

I got it made using crutchfield advice for infinty subw.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:13   #20
BHPian

found out some intresting stuff from your messages..can you guys advice me of the placements of the rear & front speakers for swift..i just dont want to put them on the board.i am willing to spend $$..some on the enclosures and stuff.and what wiring should i consider.can someone help me with what type of wiring i shoud go for.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
found out some intresting stuff from your messages..can you guys advice me of the placements of the rear & front speakers for swift..i just dont want to put them on the board.i am willing to spend $$..some on the enclosures and stuff.and what wiring should i consider.can someone help me with what type of wiring i shoud go for.
Go for biggest size of spk swift's door can take,unless u r planning to buy 6x9 which u shud install on rear parcel tray/board made of mdf.
Gunbir/JB can help u what size swift's door can take.

But if u plan to buy subw then dont buy 6x9,just buy rear door spk,compinents if budget permit o/w coaxial of same range as front spk.

I have powered my system with audison wiring and i am more than satisfied.Just have a look at these and u will know.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Can you post the pictures of your fibre enclosure.
sure will when i get my digicam. BTW it is very similar to the one on dynamat's site.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz
Refer to my earlier post.

Put 1 pair 6.5" Momo MMC650 in the front in component layout. and second in the rear doors in the coaxial layout. And go for Polk Momo subwoofers. They are better than Alpines.
Old 8th March 2006, 21:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Refer to my earlier post.

Put 1 pair 6.5" Momo MMC650 in the front in component layout. and second in the rear doors in the coaxial layout. And go for Polk Momo subwoofers. They are better than Alpines.
yea i have just purchaced the 6.5 ' MMC650 for the front.do i need to modifiy the front door to place these..because i think 5 .25 " is the standard size.

what do you think about rockford fosgate i got this deal for two P1 stage one subs of fosgate for 4500 INR..the polk subs are costing me around 6,600 INR.i have recieved got one more offer of Infinity 12"subwoofer with dual voice coil 4-ohm 1242W for 4300 INR .so i am still on the subs.

Do you recommend me to buy capacitors.can you tell me if power acoustics is a good brand to go for.can you also provide me with some good brands that i could look for

Last edited by freakrz : 8th March 2006 at 21:48.
Old 8th March 2006, 22:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Image Dynamics 12 v.2 (D2 / D4)

http://www.speedsound.com/manuf.asp?manuf=8&pgNUM=2

Gunbir, you deal with ImageDyna in India ?
Old 8th March 2006, 22:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
The Image Dynamics 12 v.2 (D2 / D4)

http://www.speedsound.com/manuf.asp?manuf=8&pgNUM=2

Gunbir, you deal with ImageDyna in India ?
s0uljah... Yes, we represent and distribute Image Dynamics in India. iD is a cult SQ brand made popular around the world by their consistent wins in the IASCA competitions and by (severly backordered) products like the iDQ, iDMax, CD2Comp horn tweeters etc. One of the very few brands that still manufacture their products themselves, in their own factory in California USA, they do ODM for other brands like Elemental Designs, ARC audio and others. What makes them successful is the fact that they dont spend much on packaging, advertising or looks. The benefits of this are passed on the the end users who get a better sounding product for an accessible price.
Old 9th March 2006, 19:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply and background info about iD, will most likely be my choice of a woofer if I decide on one
Old 9th March 2006, 21:17   #28
BHPian

help me choose from (2-Rockford Fosgate 12" P1 8ohm) (3500INR) Vs Alpine SWR 1242D(5200INR)Vs POLK MOMO MM2154DVC 15" SUBWOOFER.(6000) Vs Infinity 12"sub with dual voice coil 4-ohm 1242w

Last edited by freakrz : 9th March 2006 at 21:21.
Old 10th March 2006, 10:23   #29
Team-BHP Support

The MoMo. Easy. Just get a good box.
Old 10th March 2006, 11:20   #30
BHPian

i finally have purchaced all the stuff..

Got Polk MMC 690 3 way Coax speakers, Polk Momo 6500 Component Speakers ,Alpine SWR 1242D Type R 1500W Sub & Alpine MP3/WMA 9852 Head Unit..All of this costed me (520$) Approx 23,000 INR
Can some one tell me if this is really a good price for the stuff i got...?
All the Stuff are Brand New,Factory Sealed with Warranty...not refurbishd/used products...

just wondering...if i got the right stuff for right price..!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks