Team-BHP - Audio Config For My Bro's New Swift....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Audio Config For My Bro's New Swift.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11034-audio-config-my-bros-new-swift.html)

Hi guys...
its been long time since i have posted on teambhp.i hope to see all the teambhp banglorites soon.i am planning to come to india sometime in may.i would like your suggestions on the following config for my brothers new swift.currently he has an 4 channel 1200W Sony Xplod AMP from our previous car....

i have bought an Alpine 9852 Mp3/WMA head unit + POLK MOMO MMC690 6 x 9 inch three way loudspeaker with external crossover for rear..and

i am planning to get POLK MOMO MMC5250 5.25" two way component system Championship Performance series for the front or i have an option of going for Alpine SPS-171A 6.5" 2WAY COMPONENT SPEAKER SET

For the Subwoofer i have an option of getting 2 (pair) Polk Audio DB104 DVC 10" Subwoofers NIB (Power Handling (peak) 540 w each) or Pioneer
Premier TS-W106DVC 12" Subwoofer 800W peak power..or
PAIR (2) PIONEER TS-W306DVC 12 DVC Subwoofer Subs 2000W(each 1000W) or ALPINE SWR-1242D 12" 1500W SUBWOOFER.

I would like your opinion on the config.and i would also like you ideas of how i can improve the system.i do have good funds but i dont have that high funds to buy JL stuff ..which are way expensive...i would like your suggestions.if i am left with enough funds.i have plan to get a separate 2 ch Amp for the subs in order to avoid bridging my previous 4 ch Amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakrz
i am planning to get POLK MOMO MMC5250 5.25" two way component system Championship Performance series for the front or i have an option of going for Alpine SPS-171A 6.5" 2WAY COMPONENT SPEAKER SET

The Polk Momo sets (the only nice speakers in their range) are vastly superior to Alpine S or R types. Go for the Momos.

The subs you mentioned are all one-note-wonders. They are good for SPL only. If you want a nice sub with great sound quality (read: musical) and extension and output, look no further than the Image Dynamics iD12v3 subs. Do your research on these, you will find many 'serious' car audio guys will vouch for them over any current JL audio product. JL products have great build quality, and great sound but not necessarily THE best sound for your hard earned dollars.

Of course, as usual, its your car, your music, your ears, your money... so research a lot and most importantly buy what sounds nice to you.

I found the Monos to be well built but a bit forward. if you are willing to work on their sound go for them esp since you already got Momos in the rear. The Alpine Type R are a bit more laid back I have not really heard the Type S to comment. Other options are Boston and Focal. Do the Alipne SPR 17LS fit your bufget?

Of the woofers you listend I'd take the Alpnie 1242R. I have nto heard ID to comment.

Damn Gunbir when are you guys coming to Mumbai!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir
Do your research on these, you will find many 'serious' car audio guys will vouch for them over any current JL audio product. JL products have great build quality, and great sound but not necessarily THE best sound for your hard earned dollars.

But Gunbir,u only advised me to go for JL amp over alpine 450.:mad:

If you are going for Polk Momo MMC Series at the back then I will suggest go for MMC6500 for the front. Instead of MMC690 6X9's at the back you can also put MMC6500 in coaxial mounting in the rear door.

Polks sounds better than Alpines.

Navinji... to ensure we know where the market is headed and what the customer wants, we often pose as a dealers sales guys when we go to his shop. We push Alpine, Blaupunkt etc and of course our own products, and let the customer decide. If given a demo, 9 times out of 10, the customer will pick the better built product. But, that said, we have learnt that most first time buyers prefer a sparkly, upfront speaker. And most mfrs range reflects this with the entry level products.

If given an ABX with a high end speaker (no prices disclosed yet, comparison purely based on sound) which sounds far far better (to us), first time buyers will STILL prefer the other speaker. It is the more mature listener (in terms of age as well as experience with ICE) who will prefer a more laid back sound.

Similarly, most first time buyers for subwoofers simply want SPL. We have had people show us their expensive, heavily equlised mega watt systems with high excursion subs pounding away to glory without an ounce of musicality. And the owners think their car is the best sounding car in the world.

Like you, we usually have issues with a lot of speakers that are overly upfront and shiny. But we have learnt that customers mature with time and with exposure to better products.

Yes, we are coming to Mumbai soon... En route the Goa meet. Thats in May I think...

Quote:

The subs you mentioned are all one-note-wonders. They are good for SPL only. If you want a nice sub with great sound quality (read: musical) and extension and output, look no further than the Image Dynamics iD12v3 subs. Do your research on these, you will find many 'serious' car audio guys will vouch for them over any current JL audio product. JL products have great build quality, and great sound but not necessarily THE best sound for your hard earned dollars.

RSJ... read again... the entire para was about subwoofers. For the price you got your amp, there is no better alternative.

Quote:

RSJ... read again... the entire para was about subwoofers. For the price you got your amp, there is no better alternative.

Just kidding Gunbir,couldn't have bought anything better for my budget.

thanx guys..i just checkd some stuff and i need a suggestion between (pair) Polk Audio DB104 DVC 10" Subwoofers(1000W) & ALPINE SWR-1242D 12"(1500W) i got a good price on both,and i am still to decide which to go.
The components as for my opinion and ur suggestions i am going for polk mmc 6500.still to decide on the Sub's.

can someone tell me how much the sub's cost in india..cause if the price is close enough,i dont want to end up carrying all that equipment from here.i will be getting them for around 4,500 Rs..so is it anywhere close to that.

what size box are you willing to consider? the Alpine 12" would require a larger box than the Polk 10".

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakrz
can someone tell me how much the sub's cost in india..cause if the price is close enough,i dont want to end up carrying all that equipment from here.i will be getting them for around 4,500 Rs..so is it anywhere close to that.

In India i dont think u can get any DVC subw for 4500.Most will start at around 6-7 onwards.

Image dynamics can be got for 8000-8500.I heard it and sounded better than my SVC Infinty 1040.

Doc, if you say the ID subs sound better than Infinity 1040 I am going to look at them serious. GUNBIR! WHERE R U?

Damn when are those Delhi boys coming to Mumbai. I am building a fiber box like shown below in my RS. Box volume will be known after build but should be 20-30 liters.
http://www.dynamat.com/gallery/DIY_H...w-to/index.asp

http://www.dynamat.com/gallery/DIY_H...erglass_01.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
Doc, if you say the ID subs sound better than Infinity 1040 I am going to look at them serious. GUNBIR! WHERE R U?

Damn when are those Delhi boys coming to Mumbai. I am building a fiber box like shown below in my RS. Box volume will be known after build but should be 20-30 liters.
http://www.dynamat.com/gallery/DIY_H...w-to/index.asp

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/23246.jpg

Vow navin..are you gonna do all that work yourself on that Octy's Boot!
20 to 30 ltrs sure is a healthy volume for a Sub but would it behave( response wise) the same way a rectangular box would behave normally..

It's a space effective design for sure..

muni, i already got the fiber shell done. and yes i work alone.

I've been a loner since I was a kid. Some 25 years ago I built a bike alone in my apartment. Should have seen my Dad's face!