Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:20   #1
BHPian

High-End ICE Upgrade for my Swift

Finally the ICE bug has bit me once again. I am back to search for an upgrade my ICE for my ride. Here are the details:

Existing Setup:
Pioneer P8000BT HU
Kicker Comp (no idea of the model) - Front
Pioneer Coaxials 6.5" (again dont know of the model) - Rear
Sony XPlod 4 channel Amp (Dont know why I bought it ).
Kicker 10ZX400.1 Mono Block
Pioneer TS Seriesw 12" Sub
Cables - No Idea

After a long search, I decided on the below setup:
1. DLS Ultimate Performance UP6i Comp 150W - Front ($300)
2. Rainbow W 165 CMX Kick - Rear ($300)
3. Infinity Kappa Four Amp RMS: 125W X 4($250)
4. SubWoofer - Plan to audition this in India and decide
5. Cables - Scorche / Kicker RCAs
6. Damping: Plan to do this in India.

One thing I noticed, the ICE bug bites really hard when you go through the ICE threads in Team-Bhp . I had this "attack" few times earlier, but somehow resisted this due to my budget constraint in India. This time, I finally gave in as I have few $$$ sitting idle in my US account for couple of years now.

Gurus - Please suggest /advice changes to the above setup. I am planning to order them this weekend). Also, I need some suggestions on the Subwoofer (budget would be 10-12K). I plan to buy the Subwoofer from India, since it will not be possible for me to carry it from here (Canada)

Last edited by buntydey : 2nd November 2011 at 21:21.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE Upgrade for my Swift

Try an Infinity Kappa 120.9 sub in a slightly smaller than normal sealed box. With the monoblock powering it, it will leave the Pio sub in the dust with its tight fast bass. Will cost you 10-11K in India.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Agree completely, Infinity Sub is very good and also allows the option to choose between 2/4 ohms.
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Try an Infinity Kappa 120.9 sub in a slightly smaller than normal sealed box. With the monoblock powering it, it will leave the Pio sub in the dust with its tight fast bass. Will cost you 10-11K in India.
Thanks DerAlte for the suggestion. The Infinity Kappa 120.9 is rated at 350W RMS; so do you suggest hooking it at 2 ohms or 4 ohms considering the Kicker Amp pumps out 200W @4ohms and 400W @2ohms. I hope I can find this sub in Kolkata.
Old 4th November 2011, 21:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Thanks DerAlte for the suggestion. The Infinity Kappa 120.9 is rated at 350W RMS; so do you suggest hooking it at 2 ohms or 4 ohms considering the Kicker Amp pumps out 200W @4ohms and 400W @2ohms. I hope I can find this sub in Kolkata.
Wire the Kappa at 4 ohms. I dont think the Kicker amp would be happy pushing 2 ohms.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 12:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: High-End ICE Upgrade for my Swift

You should be able to find it in Kolkata. The JBL dealer should be able to get it for you if there are no ready stocks.
Old 5th November 2011, 18:38   #7
BHPian

hi buntydey

how are u planning to get the stuff from US???u are there now???
Old 5th November 2011, 19:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
You should be able to find it in Kolkata. The JBL dealer should be able to get it for you if there are no ready stocks.
I have got in touch with few of the dealers in Kolkata; still waiting to get a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
hi buntydey

how are u planning to get the stuff from US???u are there now???
Right now I am in Toronto. MoreOver, I have a P.O. Box in Buffallo and a valid US tourist visa, so buying from south of the border is not an issue (half an hour drive plus 10 mins max for the immigration).
Old 5th November 2011, 19:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Just FYI, the Infinity Kappa 120.9 is not readily available in Kolkata. I called up the JBL dealer who told me it'll cost 14K, and I'll have to wait for 15-20 days.

The Infinity Reference 12" sub is readily available, but there's really no comparison between the 2. So I didn't buy.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 11:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Right now I am in Toronto. MoreOver, I have a P.O. Box in Buffallo and a valid US tourist visa, so buying from south of the border is not an issue (half an hour drive plus 10 mins max for the immigration).
When are u planning to come to India??

Cheers
Old 6th November 2011, 12:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Bunty,which dealer in cal are you getting what from?Because hardly all of this is available in cal.DLS and Rainbow are not available anywhere.
Old 6th November 2011, 17:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Bunty,which dealer in cal are you getting what from?Because hardly all of this is available in cal.DLS and Rainbow are not available anywhere.
Read the first post carefully. He's planning to buy all the stuff from US, only the Sub is coming from India .

And FYI, both DLS and Rainbow are available in India, though not directly in Cal. Information on the Indian distributors is available online and on tbhp. Or just give me a call
Old 6th November 2011, 22:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Just FYI, the Infinity Kappa 120.9 is not readily available in Kolkata. I called up the JBL dealer who told me it'll cost 14K, and I'll have to wait for 15-20 days.

The Infinity Reference 12" sub is readily available, but there's really no comparison between the 2. So I didn't buy.
Thanks predatorwheelz for getting this information for me. I am getting it for around $150 here, but the weight factor is scaring me away from buying from here. I guess I will order it 15-20 days before I return back. Can you please share the details about the JBL dealer through PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
When are u planning to come to India??

Cheers
Sheelz, it will be around the end of this year, or early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Cityvic, as predatorwheelz said, I will be getting all the stuff from US, except for the sub which I plan to get it from Kol.
Old 10th November 2011, 10:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks predatorwheelz for getting this information for me. I am getting it for around $150 here, but the weight factor is scaring me away from buying from here. I guess I will order it 15-20 days before I return back. Can you please share the details about the JBL dealer through PM.
I dropped you a PM earlier on something else. Please respond to that
Old 17th December 2011, 01:47   #15
BHPian

The DLS UP6i and the Rainbow Kick CMX165 has reached Cal safely today, with my brother, along with 2 pairs of Kicker RCA cables. Now begins the long wait for me to return back. I really cant wait any longer .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks