Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Solving the Blue and Me Dilemna

Sorry for the long post. This research is started due to the following reasons. I own an year old Fiat Linea, i wanted to ICE it, so i got the Blaupunkt 555 THA PnP plug n play amplifier with harness kit and all. After one year of good playback and good music (considering for 6 months i was not in the country) it died, not even giving me worth of my money.

So the question was what now? So i reach Driven and ask the question, and to my surprise i see three 555 THA PnP units burned out in 1 year which were kept with them. lmcent the delhi blaupunkt dealer no more deals with blaupunkt, so you can send them to mumbai for repair but in my case the board in the amp burned out digging a hole.

I live without great music for odd 2 days and order a 555 from U.S. as my friend was traveling, after another 20 days of crappy sounding music i get the amp, i rush to driven to get it installed.

However, before that i came to know that the USB port in my car has stopped working! and within days my phone would not pair properly, after 3 rounds to Service Center, battery disconnects and finally the examiner, they figure out Blue and Me control unit is dead! Now its been 3 weeks and i am still waiting for replacement.

Now, i reach driven without blue and me, and get the amp installed to my surprise it won't switch off as earlier with ignition or stereo, after R&D driven figures out that output IC is passing current directly. They build a relay and installed a switch to make it work, well the amp is working now but not the way i want it.

They tell me to get an aftermarket unit or get a new HU as even DSP won't help this situation. However, i want to retain the Blue and Me i am just too used to it.

So i started doing Research and reach the site at link below:

CLICK HERE

they have something called Blueback which works with all fiat cars, lets you install after market unit and everything on steering works, video after the break:

They ship to India but the system will set you back approx 184 euros (160 + 53 for shipping)

Seems promising and i am planing to order one soon. If somebody already got it please share the review.

Mods: I hope this is the right section to post. I was not able to find anything with search.
Old 9th November 2011, 18:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Solving the Blue and Me Dilemna

Looks very interesting to me. I've got the PnP for 6 months now. Hope it survives long enough. Let us know if you go this way and a review would be really helpful.
Old 9th November 2011, 18:42   #3
BHPian

Looks interesting, but why you want to go with Pnp why not anyother of the Amps?
Old 11th November 2011, 09:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Looks interesting, but why you want to go with Pnp why not anyother of the Amps?
well i wanted all 4 speakers to run with sub, as per driven getting a PnP or giving up on rear speakers was the best option or to get a DSP which was off my budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks