Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 21:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

sheesh...thanks! Great you figured. It was driving me nuts.
Old 21st February 2022, 07:16   #32
BHPian

Dashboard Modification

Hey Everyone

Just curious, has anyone ever modified the dashboard of a car which has a slot for a Single Din head unit to a Double Din Head unit

Like in the ford Ikon for example, i noticed that we could cut the excess piece of plastic below the ac knobs which may clear up more room to install a Double Din HU. I was wondering if that was possible or if anyone else has tried doing this before? Not necessarily on an Ikon, but other cars as well?
Old 21st February 2022, 15:33   #33
BHPian

Re: Dashboard Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
Hey Everyone

Just curious, has anyone ever modified the dashboard of a car which has a slot for a Single Din head unit to a Double Din Head unit

Like in the ford Ikon for example, i noticed that we could cut the excess piece of plastic below the ac knobs which may clear up more room to install a Double Din HU. I was wondering if that was possible or if anyone else has tried doing this before? Not necessarily on an Ikon, but other cars as well?
Instead of cutting and damaging the dashboard, go ahead with compact Head Units that use only Single DIN space. There are many in the market if you look. Pioneer, Sony for eg have units that use only 1 DIN space and allow the display to be moved up/down.
Old 21st February 2022, 16:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Instead of cutting and damaging the dashboard, go ahead with compact Head Units that use only Single DIN space. There are many in the market if you look. Pioneer, Sony for eg have units that use only 1 DIN space and allow the display to be moved up/down.
Hi Normal

I have been looking for those actually, but I am having no luck finding any of them in stock anywhere. I was considering importing one using alibaba but the import duty and such will be a pain and will offset the cost of a unit i can acquire locally.

Do you have anywhere I can find one of these single din HU's with a floating screen? Thanks.
Old 21st February 2022, 23:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
Do you have anywhere I can find one of these single din HU's with a floating screen? Thanks.
For instance, GoMechanic has listed this one on their site.

You could as well try visiting few local shops that can help you source similar products at your place.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks