Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Info about Using 1 din slot to use a 2 din HU

Hello All,

I am new to this and need an info from all.

I have a Ikon and needs to install a Pioneer Double Din system.I checked up with the dealer and he is not ready to do it as there is no space for a double Din.

If any one knows about the shops/person who do it pretty neat on Ikon, please pass the info.I am based at Bangalore.

Thank you alll
Old 9th March 2006, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g
Hello All,

I am new to this and need an info from all.

I have a Ikon and needs to install a Pioneer Double Din system.I checked up with the dealer and he is not ready to do it as there is no space for a double Din.

If any one knows about the shops/person who do it pretty neat on Ikon, please pass the info.I am based at Bangalore.

Thank you alll
I suggest go for a Single Din unit and don't mess with your dashboard as the Ikon dash don't really have space for double din.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
I suggest go for a Single Din unit and don't mess with your dashboard as the Ikon dash don't really have space for double din.
Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.The problem is I already have a DOuble Din which I got from Canada.I spent more than 15K and don't want to miss it.So desparately trying to put it on Ikon.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.The problem is I already have a DOuble Din which I got from Canada.I spent more than 15K and don't want to miss it.So desparately trying to put it on Ikon.
Hi Shalini

What make model is it??

I am looking at replacing my 2-Din - so just in case you decide NOT to use this - please let me know - I will be interested to buy it off you.
kb
Old 9th March 2006, 11:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Hi Shalini

What make model is it??

I am looking at replacing my 2-Din - so just in case you decide NOT to use this - please let me know - I will be interested to buy it off you.
kb
I am not ready to sell as it costed me more than 550 Canadian dollar.Just trying different options so that I can use it in Ikon.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Cool... But can you tell me what make/model # ... want to look it up - like I said I need to buy something for myself immly..
Old 9th March 2006, 12:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Cool... But can you tell me what make/model # ... want to look it up - like I said I need to buy something for myself immly..
I am not remebering the exact model no.I will let you know by tomorrow.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not remebering the exact model no.I will let you know by tomorrow.
No problem... what make??... If I have the company's name I can surf thru their entire product range
Old 9th March 2006, 12:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Shalini_g welcome to Team-bhp and to this side of tbhp

I guess you will end you in spending a lot for a neat install of that din unit or get a Honda city or fix it on a custom frame on left side of the dash

Last edited by jkdas : 9th March 2006 at 12:36.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
No problem... what make??... If I have the company's name I can surf thru their entire product range
It is Pioneer , i think the model name starts with DN550 ..Donno correctly.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

shalini g,

you cant put a square peg in a round hole not without a whole lot of effort, time and money.

One can put a 1 DIN player in a 2 DIN hole by getting an adapter that covers the rest of the space but shoehorning a 2 DIN palyer into a 1 DIN hole is damn difficult unless ofcourse you have JB helping you.

I would suggest finding a good home for the 2 DIN player - some one who owns a NHC or Corolla or even a Octavia and getting a 1 DIN player.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is Pioneer , i think the model name starts with DN550 ..Donno correctly.
Thanks so much!! ... And BTW.. A belated Welcome to the forum and have fun!!... this is a great place to learn a lot about you car and what makes it tick!!
Old 9th March 2006, 12:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
shalini g,

you cant put a square peg in a round hole not without a whole lot of effort, time and money.

One can put a 1 DIN player in a 2 DIN hole by getting an adapter that covers the rest of the space but shoehorning a 2 DIN palyer into a 1 DIN hole is damn difficult unless ofcourse you have JB helping you.

I would suggest finding a good home for the 2 DIN player - some one who owns a NHC or Corolla or even a Octavia and getting a 1 DIN player.
Hi ,

I got some info aboutthis.One idea is to modify the gear console of Ikon.It is not feasible to cut the dashboard and accomadate the Double Din. I am just looking for person/Shop who can modify the gear console to accomadate the doubel din.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:49   #14
Team-BHP Support

It is a lot cheaper to trade to a 1DIN player if you want casstte and CD get a cassette player and a CD changer.
Old 9th March 2006, 13:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

I got some info aboutthis.One idea is to modify the gear console of Ikon.It is not feasible to cut the dashboard and accomadate the Double Din. I am just looking for person/Shop who can modify the gear console to accomadate the doubel din.
Why would you want to do that to your car. Know that most double DINs are inferior sounding and most single DIN units are better. But that depends on what you have...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks