Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 12:51   #1
mxx
BHPian

Alpine head units AV DVD

How is alpine sales and support in India.
Who is the authrised dealers in Bangalore

Is the below model available in India.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=IVA-W200
It is a 2Din DVD head unit with built in touch screen display. Also has ipod interface.

Which other company has models similar to the one above(available in India).

Last edited by mxx : 10th March 2006 at 12:56.
Old 10th March 2006, 12:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

I'm sure pioneer offers such a unit. I have seen the ads but cant remember the model numbers.

I have not needed alpine support so far. touch wood. I have had an alpine since 1984 and that was before i moved to India. IN the past 3 years my family has bought about 5-6 alpine HUs and no complaints so far.
Old 10th March 2006, 15:17   #3
BANNED

i think kenwood makes tihs kind of model..i.e.DDX 8027.it is avilable in india(grey).price would be around 45k.<br>kirit<br>
Old 10th March 2006, 17:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
How is alpine sales and support in India.
Who is the authrised dealers in Bangalore

Is the below model available in India.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=IVA-W200
It is a 2Din DVD head unit with built in touch screen display. Also has ipod interface.

Which other company has models similar to the one above(available in India).
Alpine is distributed in India by the same company that distributes Kenwood, Clarion... Delhi based Supreme Electronics. Supreme is still selling the 2005 Alpine models in India and hasnt launched any 2006 products yet.

BTW Alpine IVA-W200 hasnt even reached the streets in the USA yet. It is an eagerly awaited product and promises to be the best 2DIN DVD ever.

Similar products include...

Kenwood DDX6019 - $1000

Kenwood DDX7017 - $950

Pioneer AVIC-D2 - $1500
Old 10th March 2006, 18:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Alpine is distributed in India by the same company that distributes Kenwood, Clarion... Delhi based Supreme Electronics. Supreme is still selling the 2005 Alpine models in India and hasnt launched any 2006 products yet.
Sorry but i'll need to correct you a bit gunman,
Alpine is distributed by Supreme Electronics and Clarion by Supreme Audiotronics, they are completely different companies with no commercial relation to each other. (from the same family, but thats a long story)
Kenwood is distributed by Nippon Audiotronics.
Old 10th March 2006, 18:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Sorry but i'll need to correct you a bit gunman,
Alpine is distributed by Supreme Electronics and Clarion by Supreme Audiotronics, they are completely different companies with no commercial relation to each other. (from the same family, but thats a long story)
Kenwood is distributed by Nippon Audiotronics.
Yup... all the companies are owned by members of the same family. But they do maintain their individual commercial identities.
Old 10th March 2006, 23:59   #7
Team-BHP Support

Sssh. the tax men could be reading this. Let me know if I should edit this out.

Last edited by navin : 11th March 2006 at 00:03.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:18   #8
BHPian

One of the ICE dealer is offering me Alpine DVA 9861E at 11K. I found out that it is discontinued in US/Europe. How do I find out whether it is discontinued here too? Should I really pester for a warranty coz even if he gives there is no guarantee of the warranty? Looking for advise from all those who can comment on it.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a good deal. This seems to be a 2007 model - most references are from ASEAN and Australia. If it is a grey market piece, the dealer wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how much you pester. Service availability is the key - usually linked only to the vintage, this model is not that old so shouldn't be a big problem.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsnh View Post
One of the ICE dealer is offering me Alpine DVA 9861E at 11K. I found out that it is discontinued in US/Europe. How do I find out whether it is discontinued here too? Should I really pester for a warranty coz even if he gives there is no guarantee of the warranty? Looking for advise from all those who can comment on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sounds like a good deal. This seems to be a 2007 model - most references are from ASEAN and Australia. If it is a grey market piece, the dealer wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how much you pester. Service availability is the key - usually linked only to the vintage, this model is not that old so shouldn't be a big problem.
Would he have another piece? And is it a new piece?

This still comes with Safari VX.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

They still show up in Alpine website
Alpine Electronics of Asia Pacific Co., Ltd.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:18   #12
BHPian

Well it seems that it was taken out of some Skoda coz the proud-owner wanted in-dash display. He had used it for a month. But since it was purchased in his name, the alpine-warranty is off unless I buy a fresh warranty from them - thats what dealer said. I went ahead and took the risk and bought it at 11K with no warranty. So far so good it works fine. It had a Ipod connector. I will enquire the dealer has another piece with him and apprise you. Thanks to all who helped me make up my mind.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:44   #13
BHPian

I have a quick question. Is there a way to find out the standard accessories that accompany the product Alpine DVA 9861E?
Why this question? Well, the dealer did try to get away with the Ipod connector that accompanied it. He confessed it . Now, it leaves me itching whether I lost something else too? Following spec from alpine's site bother me:

Bluetooth? Ready
MM Driver Ready (Hard Disc Drive Ready)

Did the above one have connectors? Did the dealer fleece me of them?

@jkdas: The dealer is located in bangalore. I had seen few other HU(s) lying around. Let me know if you're looking for some specific HU(s)
Old 20th October 2008, 15:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Don't fret, Rahul, be happy with what you have got. "XYZ Ready" usually translates to "You need to buy our interface cable / box separately at extra cost to utilize XYZ feature".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks