Team-BHP - "VEGA" Autopsyche Lancer ICE Install Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   "VEGA" Autopsyche Lancer ICE Install Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11175-vega-autopsyche-lancer-ice-install-pics.html)

Hi Folks

Here are the ICE install pics of the 'other' Lancer that was on show at the Auto Expo... its called the 'Vega'

Lets begin at the boot... stripped down...

Boot damped...

Rear Parcel Shelf... Note cutout made in the shelf

Rear Parcel Shelf heavily damped

MDF parcel shelf... cloth being used to finish is AudioAZcomp speaker grill cloth from Italy... why acoustically transparent cloth? read on...

Rear Comps... Hertz Energy ESK130 at the rear...

Front Door... custom baffle mounted

Damped...

Hertz Energy ESK165 midbass installed

Sub ported enclosure

Note AZcomp AR series adjustable flared ports and terminal block

Test fit sub enclosures... see the ports firing upwards

Internal damping

Puny stock battery changed to Optima

installed with Connection Audison battery terminals

Amps being installed... 1x SRx4 4ch amp and 2x SRX2S 2Ch amps... note cables are visible

Amps installed... cables now hidden... note multi-distrubution block on the left

continued in post #2

continued from post #1

see 2x .8f caps on the right

15" Hertz Energy ES380 subs fit and we're done...

Exterior pics as seen at the Auto Expo

HU was a Pioneer 7550 In dash DVD unit. The car gets very loud... great tight bass... when those low notes play the entire steering wheel and dash vibrate like anything. This ones for the SPL types...

Lol, good effort, but I always laugh at those who spend too much souping up the musical-side of their car. For me, the greatest and simplest sound is that of the engine, be it revving, changing gears, in top speed or idling. Now THAT's real music.

I know the standard Lancer's 1.8 (from what I remember) doesn't produce a note to boast about, but I'd rather have a killer car that goes like stink, rather than sound like one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Lol, good effort, but I always laugh at those who spend too much souping up the musical-side of their car. For me, the greatest and simplest sound is that of the engine, be it revving, changing gears, in top speed or idling. Now THAT's real music.

Well Aniguchisan the car has performance mods as well... but this is an ICE section and I will let Autopsyche (the tuner) spill the performance beans in the relevant section.

See... I'm as much a performance freak as the next guy.... but I dont find the sound of a regular engine idling its way through a 2km long traffic jam, entertaining... of course if I had a TVR... I would like the engine do the singing... But for now, I will let Diana Krall do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir
Well Aniguchisan the car has performance mods as well... but this is an ICE section and I will let Autopsyche (the tuner) spill the performance beans in the relevant section.

See... I'm as much a performance freak as the next guy.... but I dont find the sound of a regular engine idling its way through a 2km long traffic jam, entertaining... of course if I had a TVR... I would like the engine do the singing... But for now, I will let Diana Krall do that.

I agree, but don't you think all those speakers are going gung-ho? I've seen much crazier music-orientated mods on cars myself, but still, I mean...is it just not so to look..."cool"?

Incidentally, I recorded a video of a TVR Cerbera a few evenings ago, as I was in my car, within traffic. Oh what a sound it makes :)

Xcellent modification!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniguchisan
I agree, but don't you think all those speakers are going gung-ho? I've seen much crazier music-orientated mods on cars myself, but still, I mean...is it just not so to look..."cool"?

On the contrary the subwoofer instal is one of the most discrete ways to install a BIG sub in a car. BTW I did not think it was nesscary to use acoustically transparent cloth on the rear deck becuase the frequencies coming out of the port will damn well penetrate any cloth.

Nice work AP (I saw your advert in Overdirve). I love your work if not your taste in colours. Then even Viper (cartouch's) Santro was too loud. One day I will make it to Delhi and JB, Gunman and you are on the top of the list of the people I'd like to meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
On the contrary the subwoofer instal is one of the most discrete ways to install a BIG sub in a car. BTW I did not think it was nesscary to use acoustically transparent cloth on the rear deck becuase the frequencies coming out of the port will damn well penetrate any cloth.

Navinji, you know the difference in sound between a hatch and a sedan... and how the hatch will always sound better... well, this car sounds as good if not better than a hatchback install.

Sure, we could have used other cloth... but this cloth works very well

Why does a hatch sound better?

Hey Gunbir,
Good install... Like I have said too bad you guyz are only doing jobs in delhi...
Have you managed to get hold of a installation place in Mumbai...
Cheers

sure the cloth works well, the point i was trying to make is a) the install is as discrete as you could have done and b) acoustically transparent cloth is not absolutely required one the hole is made. at low freq the wavelengths are long enough to penetrate to most common cloth. I would have used acoustically transparent cloth if I had it handy like you did but would not have made a special effort to find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
I would have used acoustically transparent cloth if I had it handy like you did but would not have made a special effort to find it.

True dat... if you remember in the 'IMAGE' Lancer all we had was a mesh grill...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Why does a hatch sound better?

I guess its coz of the small space. I didnt like teh music I heard in a Oct and just love my car's setup. Its more centered I guess.

not better. it is just that in a hatch the sub can more easily radiate low freq in to the cabin. so a sub in a hatch trunk will be better heard in the cabin that one in a sedan's trunk.

Bump

Souljah... See the 6.5" midbass installed in the Lancers door.