Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 20:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Received my set today in the evening and have used it for some calls and a few for testing .
Few things i have noticed till now is that the sound clarity is simply awesome.
The unit is very light,so you can easily flip the sun visor down and the unit will be still sticked to the visor .

Pretty simple to use and the voice guide itself tells you what to do when you turn on the unit for the 1st time .

Now the problem,you have to WAIT till the unit announces the phone number from where you are getting the call to say "anwser" or "ignore" . now thats kinda .Otherwise you will have to use the answer button to accept call. Not sure what needs to be used to disconnect the call if i dont wish to use the voice command .

Even if the cell number is stored in the phone-book its unable to recognise the number and announces the number only .

The unit doesn't understand the voice command easily and you have to use neutral accent .

So my first impression is , if anyone is looking to buy it because of the voice commands option,then it might not be right device for you .

Cheers.
Old 30th December 2011, 04:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Sir, mine has a 220V home charger as well. I have started using it and the first time I charged the unit from home. So definitely there is a provision

regards
I didn't get the wall charger with my Cruiser2. I ordered from Ebay Global EasyBuy from a US-based seller for a total landed cost of 3.7k in May 2011. I am very satisfied with the product though.
Old 30th December 2011, 14:04   #48
BANNED

All this has been available in Bluant since ages .
It is availabel in India for abour 6kINR . Thought bluant is more for on ear style .

Neverthless my T2 Bluant does everything so nicely i never need to take out my phone .

And for Incar usage i have found the Kenny 8016BT the perfect mate for phone .
Old 5th January 2012, 22:31   #49
BHPian

Looks like a better deal on koovs.com Koovs - Jabra Freeway Speakerphone. Free Home Delivery. | All India Deal. Check out that Rs1500/- "cash back" offer. I would suggest call them and ask for the finer details since they say octroi extra. At this hour the customer support lines are busy
Old 5th January 2012, 22:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
All this has been available in Bluant since ages .
It is availabel in India for abour 6kINR . Thought bluant is more for on ear style .

Neverthless my T2 Bluant does everything so nicely i never need to take out my phone .

And for Incar usage i have found the Kenny 8016BT the perfect mate for phone .
Agree that in-dash built in bluetooth systems are the way now. The Jabra Freeway and its ilks are more for cars which have older non-bluetooth music system and/or for people who have more than one car. Portability (no wiring) is definitely Freeway's big plus point
Old 5th January 2012, 23:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Have bought this Bluetooth adapter(GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter ) which connects to 12v car lighter. And transmits FM. It looks to be most popular bluetooth adapter based on reviews. My parents will be back on 15th, so that i could try it and give feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Last edited by shamanth : 5th January 2012 at 23:35.
Old 20th January 2012, 09:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

I have booked another piece of Jabra Bluetooth Drive for my uncle from Letsbuy and it costs 3600, let me test this one too

Buy Jabra Drive Bluetooth Speakerphone at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Old 20th January 2012, 10:19   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Now the problem,you have to WAIT till the unit announces the phone number from where you are getting the call to say "anwser" or "ignore" . now thats kinda .Otherwise you will have to use the answer button to accept call.
True. But there are times a cop is stationed right ahead of you, and you don't want him to notice you reaching up and activating something before starting to speak. Since I usually leave the phone on the windscreen mounted holder, I can see who's calling on the screen, and reach up to hit the answer button before the Freeway can complete its announcement.
Quote:
Not sure what needs to be used to disconnect the call if i dont wish to use the voice command .
Push the answer button twice in rapid succession - a busy tone will be sent.
Quote:
Even if the cell number is stored in the phone-book its unable to recognise the number and announces the number only .
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Don't quite know why. It amplifies & plays back the SMSs that are being read out by the SMS Reader app - I don't need to worry about missing urgent SMSs.
Quote:
The unit doesn't understand the voice command easily and you have to use neutral accent .
I usually need to turn down/turn off the ICE sound before it recognises commands. Background noise like music or traffic noise when the window is open, makes it keep asking me to repeat the command.
Old 29th January 2012, 21:22   #54
BHPian

I also ordered Jabra Freeway on infibeam today . Although in-dash inbuilt BT systems are good but my main consideration was support for 2 mobile phone (one for work and one for personal) which no normal priced HU (JVC or Pioneer) has.

Another model Blueant S4 (available with Tradus) is highly rated in Cnet but its not a true duplex speakerphone and has no voice dialing capability of its own.
Old 29th January 2012, 21:49   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Don't quite know why.
Issue settled after upgrading my SE X10i from Eclair to Gingerbread. Always responds with the name if someone listed on the phonebook is calling.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 21:50   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the device from dxb after reading SS's review. Love it. Connects seamlessly to my BB and iPhone. Reads out all names from the iPhone and only some from the BB.

Thanks for this article SS.

EDIT:

Responds to all voice commands except "battery". The device just can't catch that. Tried every possible accent i could come up with.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 29th January 2012 at 21:51. Reason: see edit
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 21:53   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Got the device from dxb...
What was the price in DXB (in INR value), vis-a-vis the Infibeam price?
Old 29th January 2012, 21:59   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
What was the price in DXB (in INR value), vis-a-vis the Infibeam price?
I got it for approx 5500INR. Ofcourse the shopping festival was on in dubai.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 11:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

I got the jabra Drive delivered and currently own both freeway and Drive, in my experience i found Jabra Drive to be a better product in terms of voice quality, price and is most specific to the purpose it is built for.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

I can't make up my mind whether gadgets such as the Jabra Freeway or Plantronics K100 are better or if it's wiser to buy a really good bluetooth earpiece like the Plantronics Voyager pro HD or BlueAnt Q2. A lot of my handsfree calling happens in the car and before seeing this review I'd almost decided on the Voyager Pro.

I currently have a Jabra bluetooth thingy for my phone but it really only works well in quiet environments. In a car it becomes hard for me to hear the other person.

Does anyone have any thoughts to solve my dilemma??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks